• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

People who play video games

How long do you play video games each day?

• 1-4 hours

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • 4-8 hours

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • 8-12 hours

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • 12-16 hours

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 16 hours+

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I guess if it were averaged, probably just 1-4. I honestly don't generally have the time to sit and play games all day. But today I must have played Oblivion for about 8+ hours. @_@

I can't imagine pretty much anyone finding time to play games for more than 16 hours a day. People have to sleep at the very least if they don't have anything else to be doing. :p

4-8 hours. Battlefield 2 Modern Combat is the game i play the most. I am officially addicted to it and i will always play it. I got it in August 06 and played it everyday since. I can't seem to put down the guns and stop playing it =]
If anyone else plays this game please pm me ^_^.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't imagine pretty much anyone finding time to play games for more than 16 hours a day. People have to sleep at the very least if they don't have anything else to be doing. :p

Aye. If you're playing video games 16 hours a day, you're either not eating properly, not sleeping properly, and have no social life whatsoever (including work or school) - probably skipping bathroom breaks, too. Even on my days off I wouldn't be able to manage that, nor would I really want to for health and sanity reasons o.O

Anyways, in the past I would've said 4-8 hours for sure, with my average gaming time a day ranging from 6-8 (sometimes 9) hours. Nowadays I'm just too busy with life stuff to do that, and on the days I work I generally don't touch games at all. Either that or a large portion of my day is spent on teh 'net.

But then there are those days when I have absolutely nothing else on my mind and I can just sit back and play whatever. Breaking the four hour mark then is no problem at all. So yeah... It really depends on the day, what's going on, and my mood. No easy answer, but that's life for ya. I voted 4-8 anyways.

Aye. If you're playing video games 16 hours a day, you're either not eating properly, not sleeping properly, and have no social life whatsoever (including work or school) - probably skipping bathroom breaks, too. Even on my days off I wouldn't be able to manage that, nor would I really want to for health and sanity reasons o.O

Anyways, in the past I would've said 4-8 hours for sure, with my average gaming time a day ranging from 6-8 (sometimes 9) hours. Nowadays I'm just too busy with life stuff to do that, and on the days I work I generally don't touch games at all. Either that or a large portion of my day is spent on teh 'net.

But then there are those days when I have absolutely nothing else on my mind and I can just sit back and play whatever. Breaking the four hour mark then is no problem at all. So yeah... It really depends on the day, what's going on, and my mood. No easy answer, but that's life for ya. I voted 4-8 anyways.
Yeah I play video games long but I have a social life cuz the 16 hours I picked is because I'm on Spring Break and It's my only break untill summer vacation.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
THAT makes sense then... but still, if you're playing 16 hours a day that's a lot, and leaves you eight hours of sleep. That doesn't count the amount of time you spend eating, and your bathroom breaks, all the time you spend on the computer, and whatever else. So 8 hours could very easily drop down to 7 or even 6. That leaves you with 7/6 hours to have a social life and sleep... Nice. XD

I play on average 1-4 hours, and sometimes I go a few days without even touching a game. *gasps* I'm usually on the computer, usually doing RP replies, spriting, or just random surfing.

THAT makes sense then... but still, if you're playing 16 hours a day that's a lot, and leaves you eight hours of sleep. That doesn't count the amount of time you spend eating, and your bathroom breaks, all the time you spend on the computer, and whatever else. So 8 hours could very easily drop down to 7 or even 6. That leaves you with 7/6 hours to have a social life and sleep... Nice. XD

I play on average 1-4 hours, and sometimes I go a few days without even touching a game. *gasps* I'm usually on the computer, usually doing RP replies, spriting, or just random surfing.
Actually you know, I Have cut down on video games because of these forums and the narutofan forums.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well If a computer counts as a video game then mot likely about 10 hours o-o; If not then more around 4 hours of gameplay every day.

Did you mean computer usage in general or just PC games?

Because my general PC usage time is scary somedays =O

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Did you mean computer usage in general or just PC games?

Because my general PC usage time is scary somedays =O

I'm generally doing something on the compy if I'm not out, at work or playing a game or some other such amenity like reading. I probably rack up about half the day on it, if not more, easily every day. It'd be nice to go one day without it, but I kinda don't really get the option - I have to check up on this place if nothing else.

16+ I'm addicted. I barely find time on my computer. I adore games with all of my heart. I'm always playing something. Even as I'm typing this message I'm playing my DS. And I barley sleep. Only in summers when I stay up to like 5 AM and sleep till lunch time.

16+ I'm addicted. I barely find time on my computer. I adore games with all of my heart. I'm always playing something. Even as I'm typing this message I'm playing my DS. And I barley sleep. Only in summers when I stay up to like 5 AM and sleep till lunch time.

THAT'S WHAT I DO! exactly. word for word. for the summer part, anyways. even during school i'm sneaking ds time in

Well, mostly I'm busy with writing, chores, work, etc., but when I do get to playing...Just yesterday I spent ten hours on my Yellow Version, not counting playing WoW for about four hours. I lose track of time quickly. In a week I play for probably around 30-40 hours or more. About as long as most people work in a week. Yeah, I'm geeky, and I'm proud. :p

It's variable, if a game is intresting or new I'll spend a good while on it. The longest period I've spent solo this christmas whooping up about 9 consecutive hours of Twilight Princess.
Though, the longest I've spent was simply due to the fact we lost track of time. After beating Hardcore of Gears of War, me and me friend decided to Co-Op from Casual all the way to Insane, we did this all in one day, starting at 8 and ending at 10, making 14 hours.

On avage, however, I spend about 2-3 hours on a game, including breaks, and will probly be longer this school term as I go into my A level year XD Makes me almost glad the UK dosen't get Brawl till spring next year. I wouldn't be able to do any work with it just sitting there, begging me to play

i usually play about 4-5 hours sometimes 6 if i dont have anything else to do.

822209f6c7bab276d22e7688fe1ca849.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I can attest to playing 16+ hours a day, though not every day majority of the time yes. I am a college student for Game Design so playing games is something I do xD in work and in play.

Wowza, people who play 16+ hours are cra-zay!
i couldn't do it, I would look like one of the guys from South Park after their warcraft-fest, my svelte figure couldn't handle it! =
southpark.jpg

I used to play video games for a long time in a day back in grade school, but ever since I hit high school I haven't played many for a long time. I'd say I would play 1-4 hours every now and then (but since I'm playing Diamond right now, I've been playing constantly :p).

I'm more of a 4-8 hour gamer.
Y'see, I'm into games that require alot of time to make progress in.
Anything that has a leveling system, for example: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Pok

I play about 1-2H on weekdays 4-8 on weekends. Mainly play Counter-Strike ,Poke'mon (DUH), and when I get a new sensor bar this Tuesday, Poke'mon Battle Revolution.

P.S. The sensor bar on my Wii while I was out getting Battle Rev.... Damn Skitties (Cats)

Back in my youth, it was huge. Four hours on weekdays, eight on weekends. Now that I'm in teenagerdom and love music more, it is more like an hour a day on weekdays and three hours on weekends.

I don't know if the internet counts.

Ahh the good old days when I was still playing an MMO where I would get sucked in for 10+ hours. Can't handle that anymore unless it is a new game I just got and even then I only go for about 4 hours or so before I need a break. Had to also drop my playing time down just to deal with real life stuff too, so it is down to the 1-4 hour mark most days now.

I always put in a couple of hours playing Brawl and a using the Internet Channel on my Wii. Depending on whether I'm traveling or not, I might play my DS for a few hours.. driving around sucks when you live in the middle of nowhere.