• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pearl questions and help!

Hello

I've currently just got the move "Defog" and i still need to beat the trainer at the place where the beauty contests etc take place, but every time i go there, she isn't there? and also, how do you catch Rare pokemon? (where you put the honey on the tree) because whenever i seem to check back at the tree, there's nothing there.

Thanks

1. Did you beat the rocket back at pastoria?

2. Honey doesn't activate until after 12 hours. Then it stops working after 24. So if you want to work it, put in on at 8 a.m. and check back at 8 p.m. It should be shaking.

Also, about the honey. It doesn't always take twelve hours, I caught an Aipom after four and my sister caught a Combee after six.

I'm not entirely sure, But I think you have to go to Celestic Town first before you can hallenge Fantina. A key point in the game that apparently allows this is you giving Cynthia's grandmother an Old Charm Key Item.

Also, the Pokemon that appears in the honey trees is based on an encounter rate similar to that of regular encounters.

Wurmple and Silcoon have the highest rate to be encountered
Combee is slightly uncommon
Burmy is uncommon
Aipom and Munchlax are very rare.

If you're after a specific gendered Pokemon (Burmy or Combee), you can save in front of the tree as it shakes. As far as I know, no matter how many times you reset the game, as long as you saved in front of that tree or anywhere else 12 hours after you slathered the Honey, one Pokemon and only one Pokemon will appear from that tree. (But like I said, you can change its gender by resetting)