• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Peacefully Lost

Musical Lyrics blasted through the headphones of the sleeping champ they called Markus. The plane was loud, but the rapping in his headphones was louder, and he slept like a sloth, but you can't blame him. After all, he is used to the screams of people.

Its almost summer for FairField University students, which means for anyone and everyone is trying to be part of the huge end of year trip. This year, the school sends students to spain for two weeks. Markus Mallimyer Goose is one of the students who got in. The kids get a trip and the school gets more money.

What? You thought they'd do it for free?

Now Markus isn't a murderer, and no his dad wasn't killed, he lived a good life. His mom immigrated from the Dominican Republic when she was 16, and his dad was regarded as nothing but black trash in the streets. Ideally, his mom and dad wanted a better life for their children. So his dad became a pro basketball player and his mom became a high class lawyer. Hoping to follow in his dads footsteps he took a shot at basketball, and it was a natural talent to him. at rhis point, he could be a pro, but during a tournament matchup, he tore his ACL and had to miss the last few games of his freshman Year and his sophomore year, but next season was going to be his.

It would be.

"Guys, We'll be experiencing some turbulence so pleasr find your seats and buckle in"

As the plane shook and rattled around, a second year transfer student slid her window shut and buckled up. There was nothing to see outside but white mist anyway, it was unnerving. She leaned forward and rummaged through her bag, looking for some headphones. The back of her t-shirt had writing in bold red print against white fabric, "SCHULTZ" followed by the number 19. She leaned back, giving up on her search and silently cursing herself for forgetting such an essential travel item. Casey Schultz was an anxious flyer, despite her calm appearance. She tried to occupy her mind by going over the itinerary for once they landed in Spain. Although thoughts of churros con chocolate and Spanish architecture were nice, they didn't quell the nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach. Casey's mother was a nurse in a busy hospital and had recommended a prescription for the long flight, knowing her daughter was historically afraid of flying. Casey wondered if it was the right choice to leave the medication in her checked luggage instead of taking it. She was too stubborn and proud to sedate herself before, but now she was regretting it.

The plane shook more violently.

"We're just experiencing some mild turbulence. This is normal for our flight route so there's nothing to be concerned about. Please remain seated and buckled."

Now the ride got bumpy. Really bumpy. Suddenly, something loud came from the back of the plain, and a downward jerk was felt. Markus blacked in and out multiple times as his headphones flew off his face. It felt like a kid was recklessly playing with a toy plane, and as far as Markus knew, that usually meant a crash.

"Excuse me, things are gonna get wo-"

The plane violently shook and little yellow masks popped down from the ceiling, but Casey wasn't paying attention. Her eyes were shut tight, she was curled into a ball and holding her breath until the lack of oxygen had her pass out. Her hearing went first, the high pitch squeal of the engines, rattling metal, and screaming passengers all faded away. She briefly wondered if she would ever wake up again, ever see her family, ever pick a major.

As the pilot desperately tried to level out whatever was left of the aircraft, the water grew closer and closer.

Val had been taking a nap, as she often did. The little bing of the attendant light coming on stirred her, as she’d always been a light sleeper. She heard something about turbulence, and something about seatbelts, and she groggily put two and two together and fastened her seatbelt as she’s been told. The turbulence seemed to escalate, though, becoming.. more and more worrisome as time progressed. Her dark brown eyes slowly fluttered open, puzzled at the shaking of the plane.

Valerie Sutton was studying abroad in Spain for two weeks, as suggested by her local college. But now, it seemed that may not be the case.

She sat up, the girl looked out the window as the screaming sound of metal attacked her ears. The water was drawing near. They were going to crash.
She heard screaming, and crying. Some frantic “I love you”’s that she couldn’t relate to, and that was essentially the last thing she heard before her hearing went fuzzy. Suddenly she couldn’t feel anything, her fingertips going up. And then she was gone, just another limp body passed out on a crashing airplane.

Looking around him, Markus could see everyone just blacking out, however, soon it was over. No crash, nothing making him want to puke, but he was probably more scared right now than when the plane was freaking out.

They were at a complete halt. Nobody looked injured, and peering out the window, they were in an airfield that was completly abandoned. A beep came over the PA, which was the signal that something was to be said, but it was followed by blaring static. Markus covered his ears, as it lasted for a few seconds before looking for the most important thing at the moment.

His phone.

"Damn, I didn't want this one to crack." He said. It wouldn't even turn on, nobodies would. Something was disabling them.

Gathering his bearings, he stood up and went to the Pilot's Cabin, but nobody was there. A chill went down his spine.

"Who activated the PA system?"

When Casey came to, the plane was eerily quiet, almost peaceful. She whipped her head around in alarm and opened her window, they were on the ground. Outside was an expansive airfield with weeds and grass growing through cracks in the pavement. Although she was safely on the ground, Casey broke into violent shivers as if the place was still shaking her body. In attempt to steady herself, she stood up and paced the isle until she ran into another person.
"Sorry, do you know what happened?" she asked through a dry mouth.

Valerie finally came to as a stranger’s voice- many strangers voices, actually- lured her back to consciousness. She looked up, a blistering headache slowly creeping into a migraine. She cringed and stood, only to be ran into by a stranger. Valerie turned around to see another girl, frantically asking her what happened, if she knew.
Valerie shook her head apologetically, her brow creasing.
“No, I’m sorry, I..”
An achingly freezing shiver shot up her spine, and she held her arms to stop herself from shaking.
“I think we crashed.” She murmured hoarsely, eyes flickering out the window. The PA system crackled on, only to send waves of static coursing through everyone’s minds. But apparently the pilot was gone.

Shouts, desperate screams of “where are we” echoed through her skull, sending pangs of pain through her head, only accentuating her headache. But she was asking the same thing.

The boy hopped out of the plane to stretch his legs, he wanted to know if there was a pilot, a native, anything.

"Damn Mark, my head is killing me!" Jacob, Mark's friend and teamate, stepped of the plane.

Markus didn't respond and looked at his foot, bending down to a ripped, ragged piece of paper and a Horn of some kind. Soon, teachers were trying to ralley students together, trying to hold them with the 'Help will arrive' thing.

Now if Markus was anything, it wouldnt be mature. The airfield was surrrounded by tall trees, but Markus got to an angle where a large building could be see.

'ROSCO RESORT'

Moving a little bit more, he saw a...resort. Waterslides, rides and such.

"Hey, Guys! Look at this!"

Casey stood on the edge of a group of students she didn't know. The airfield was uncomfortably hot and although she was glad to be on steady ground, a bit of shade would be nice. After sliding away from the bulk of the group, she walked toward the tree line. Half way there she heard an exclamation and looked to see a few basketball players pointing at something beyond the trees. From where she stood she couldn't see anything. Judging by the smiles and excited looks, it couldn't be anything dangerous, perhaps rescue had already arrived. She continued her walk toward the trees and promptly sat in the first patch of shade she encountered, watching the crowd from a distance.

As teachers begged for students to stay, they couldn't help it, a lot of the students began heading that way. Sure there was a chance that anybody was there, but it was a resort. It was hot out, perfect for the water. Teachers, Jacob, and more students headed towards the resort, via the woods.

The woods between there and the airfield were just small, quiet, and well, green. It was about a 5 minute walk to get on the other side, But Markus hung back. He saw a chick resting in the shade and approached her.

"Hey, I know we could've died, but i think we are all moving. Just don't wanna leave anyone behind."

Casey looked up and let out an exasperated sigh, she felt unsure about venturing off into an unknown area after such a violent landing. "I guess, if everyone's doing it," she smirked and stood up. The student that stayed back looked like the basketball player who'd first seen whatever it was that got everyone so excited. "What's even over there?" she asked as she slowly walked to rejoin the group.

Markus walked next to the girl, sighed before giving his one word response.

"Paradise."

The group had gone ahead without them, so it was only Markus and the girl. "So uh, since we are trapped on an island together, whats your name? I don't know if you know this but My name is Markus Goose. Star Player of Fair-" He cut himself off, trying not to go on a cocky ramble.

"Casey Schultz," she replied, "I think I've heard your name around campus, you play basketball, right?"

As they walked, Casey thought about what sort of paradise this mysterious place could be. The forest gave way to a large, elegant resort complete with amusement park. She wondered for a brief moment if what she saw was an illusion or a dream.

"Yeah. I guess I do." He said, sliding his hands in hid pockets. "The woods shouldn't be that dense, it's an easy walk, unless you want to go alone and i can see if we left anyone?" Markus Smiled to her.

This trip was a very bad idea. He kept saying his knee was ready, he believed it himself, but it wasn't true. He hadn't fully recovered, as long as no harsh movements happened, he would just have to do things slower.

"Are you seeing this?!" Casey asked skeptically. She wondered if they really had landed in Spain or if this was just some emergency layover. It was strange that the pilot seemed to disappear. Maybe he was in the resort? Or perhaps he was back at the plane now. "I don't want to get left behind, but I'm not sure if we should go inside or check back at the plane, I mean what happened to the pilot?" Her stomach gurgled. Soon she would need to eat something.

Markus smile, trying not to laugh at the mechanisms of a stomach

"I'm sure there's some snacks in the plane." He offered. "We can kill two birds with one stone. Search the plane for snacks and people." He stood in a wierd way, kind of like he was a proud statue.

Casey looked Markus up and down and let out a giggle, his pose reminded her of the way a cartoon character getting ready for a grand adventure.
"Yeah, I haven't eaten since the night before the flight..."she shrugged and turned away from the resort, "Let's go back to the plane."

"Okay. I won't let you go alone. For....saftey reasons?" He put his hands in his pockets and turned on his heels. "So, whats your Major? If you dont Mind me asking?"

The plane was still itself, but it didn't look like anyone was left in. Hopefully he could find out whats going on with the plane, why this island is so...
so...

Lost-ish

Casey cringed at the question. It was probably one of the most common introductory questions asked among college students yet every time it came up she dreaded having to answer.

"I'm, uh, undeclared at the moment" she simplified, "just focused on swimming really." Truth was she had jumped from Biology to Education to Computer Science and was preparing to jump again to...something. "What about you?"

"Hah. Me finishing college. My dad wants me to go pro. Not that I won't, but me and my agent agree that its best I heal-" He cut himself off. "Not supposed to talk about my agent, but hey, finding out your major is tough. I mean you are lost on an island, survive this and it should come easy." He tried to soumd reasuring but that want a big strong suit of his.

Casey grinned and thought about her parents. Her mother, a successful nurse, and her father, a firefighter, never pushed her to do anything specific, just pick a major and finish school.
"Your dad wants you to go pro? And you have an agent. So you must be decent at basketball, what about after all that?" she practically cringed as she said it. Her parents had always asked her the same thing; what would she do when she was done swimming and competing?

"Well yeah, but decent is an understatement. After im healed up, I'm going pro. After 15-20 years, I'll retire and do stuffs like, camps and charities." Markus said, proudly.

"God forbid something bad happens, ill do business. Got a soft spot for it."

"Must be nice to have a plan,"Casey kicked a stick as they walked through the forest, "so, you're recovering from an injury?"
In the distance the plane could be seen in the center of the hot airfield. She was dreading leaving the cool shade of the trees. Some people still loitered round the aircraft, scratching their heads, not sure what to do. Casey hoped in her absence they hadn't already divided up all the food and water.

"Oh yeah. If i wasn't i'd be a millionaire, not even be on this trip, but tournement last year. Dude straight pushed me, I landed bad." He sighed, cringing at the thought. "But what about you? Have your Majors just not click your interest or..."

"I guess not, just don't know what I want," Casey's stomach gurgled again and she rolled her eyes, annoyed with the noise,"That's a lie, I know I want food." They stepped out of the last bit of shade and into the sun. Despite her dark tan from years spent by the pool, Casey wasn't immune to the occasional sunburn. She slid her carry-on bag off and dug through to find a small, travel size tube of sunscreen. It was coconut scented and she put a generous amount on her face before offering some to Markus.

"If you were a millionaire, would you travel abroad like this?"

He thought about it.

"Depends on who is with me. Jacob would be chill." He sighed.

They got to the plane, heat bearing down. "So you look for snacks, I'll look for something else"