• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Password Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot my password the other day and filled in the password reminder form. However, the email never came. I tried sending it several times but it never came, not one single email, to either email address that's been used for this account...and yes I checked my spam & trash folders too! Today I remembered my password and entered it in, and it worked. I thought the password was "reset" when you asked to have it sent to you...? Was this eaten too, along with the warning system? Or is it SMF's fault?

I actually had this same problem.

I accidentally signed out of my account, and found that I forgot my password, so I did the password thing, several times. I kept checking my email, and nothing ever came, not even in the junk mail folder.

Thankfully I remembered my password and I now have it written down in case I sign out again.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Might just be a glitch then. I've had the same issue before. I'd just pray you remember your password 'cause afaik there's nothing to be done about it.

i had the same but when i waited some minutes i got it in my spam box[move]sow just wait a time[/move]

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, there's several things that can go wrong here:

1) SMF doesn't send the e-mail properly.
2) Netfirms eats it as it's going out.
3) It gets lost in transit or eaten by Goombas in the pipes. Damn Goombas.
4) The recipient server eats it as it's coming in or throws it in some spurious junkmail folder.
5) The user's e-mail client eats it or throws it in some spurious junkmail folder..

The third and last ones are pretty unlikely, though.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
There has been an issue with Netfirms and e-mails of late. Though, I think it might be working again now.

Either way, we're off Netfirms after next weekend, and this problem oughtn't to arise again - so there's little point to this remaining open.

Status
Not open for further replies.