• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Overwatch RP Discussion

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Again to everyone.
THESE EDITS ARE IN-GAME EDITS. Thus meaning within this role-play, the buffs, cooldowns, etc. would all be increased definitely. I'm trusting you guys to make your abilities not that OP. Like a stun in game would be 1 sec, but obviously a stun in a real fight would last much more. I'm trusting you guys to make your characters balanced BASED on these edits I've made.
Like a stun would be about 10 seconds in rp, but 1 sec in game.
A 10 second cool-down in game would be like 30 sec or a minute or something along those lines. Damages would be 5 damage in game, but who the heck takes that few damage in a real fight. In roleplay, that would be considered like 30 damage or minimal injuries in roleplay.

Just wanted to note:Tanks would have the most health, Supports would have the least, Offense and Defense DPS' health would vary (If you are a hard hitting DPS, most likely a sniper, you would have less health than average, but not less than Supports. If you area bulky DPS, you would have more health than average, but not as much as a Tank)

Can I keep her alienness? If you afraid that I just offset the balance of human vs omnic by adding a sentient alien race that has potential to derail the focus of the RP, don't worry because I'm not. The alien I mentioned is just a newly discovered space insect, but nothing more than that.

Hero Name (Can also be the heroes real name): Roulette
Human or Omnic: Human
Male or Female: Female
Affiliation (Overwatch, Blackwatch, Talon, N/A, etc): Overwatch
New Recruit, Former Agent, or Current Agent: New Recruit
Nationality: American (North America/United States)
Occupation: College Student (Former), Overwatch Recruit (Current)
Relevant Relations: N/A
Role (Offense DPS, Defense DPS, Tank, Support): Defense DPS
(ANYTHING BELOW HERE IS OPTIONAL)
Appearance:
Long orange hair with green eyes and freckles. A lean yet athletic build; almost like a gymnist. Wears a white top with a black button jacket and a pair of black pants along with a pair of black dance shoes. Along with a red tie.
Weapon: Cards she tosses at enemies from a distance that explode on contact. 24 rounds, fires 3 cards per shot, Primary Fire (Linear): 30 dmg per card, Secondary Fire (Spray): 30 dmg per card)
Passive Ability: TBD
Abilities (Max 3): Miraculous Escape (Tosses one card on the ground which produces a smoke bomb-like effect that momentarily blinds enemies allowing her the chance to flank or evade targets. Blindness lasts 2 seconds within a 3 meter radius of area card was thrown, cooldown of 8 seconds) Trap Card (Places an explosive card on the ground that, when an enemy steps on it causes an explosion that damages them, 60 dmg when contact is made, includes knock-back. 3 meter radius of detonation)
Ultimate: Poker Face (Eyes shine as she is able to detect the presence of nearby targets within a certain range; even those around corners or behind/within buildings. Can process this information to her teammates. Vision is only granted to Roulette, lasts 10 seconds)
Others: Widowmaker is an inspiration.

And I get the idea Crimson. I trust your edits and in truth will do what I can to keep things balanced. All my abilities and what not come with cost and they are not an answer for every situation. I'll respect the pros and cons of each class as well. If there is anything I can do to improve this Defense DPS character I am also open to helpful edits or suggestions.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hero Name (Can also be the heroes real name): Roulette
Male or Female: Female
Affiliation (Overwatch, Blackwatch, Talon, N/A, etc): Overwatch
New Recruit, Former Agent, or Current Agent: New Recruit
Nationality: American (North America/United States)
Occupation: College Student (Former), Overwatch Recruit (Current)
Relevant Relations: N/A
Appearance:
Long orange hair with green eyes and freckles. A lean yet athletic build; almost like a gymnist. Wears a white top with a black button jacket and a pair of black pants along with a pair of black dance shoes. Along with a red tie.
Weapon: Cards she tosses at enemies from a distance that explode on contact. (Royal Flush moves here due to being exactly like Genji’s Primary and Secondary Fire.) (24 rounds, fires 3 cards per shot, Primary Fire (Linear): 30 dmg per card, Secondary Fire (Spray): 30 dmg per card)
Passive Ability: TBD
Abilities (Max 3):
Miraculous Escape
(Tosses one card on the ground which produces a smoke bomb-like effect that momentarily blinds enemies allowing her the chance to flank or evade targets.) (Blindness lasts 2 seconds within a 3 meter radius of area card was thrown, cooldown of 8 seconds)
Royal Flush (When an enemy approaches her at mid-range, she tosses multiple cards at them. These cards lack the damage of her long-range ones.) (Acts like Genji’s shurikens. This would be moved to weapons as a secondary fire. The cards are has the exact same properties as Genji’s stars, they can spray and toss in a single line. So feel free to add another ability if you would like)
Trap Card (Places an explosive card on the ground that, when an enemy steps on it causes an explosion that damages them) (Can only place one explosive card at a time. If another is placed, the previous is destroyed. 60 dmg when contact is made, includes knock-back. 3 meter radius of detonation)
Ultimate: Poker Face (Eyes shine as she is able to detect the presence of nearby targets within a certain range (30 meter radius); even those around corners or behind/within buildings. Can process this information to her teammates.) (Vision is only granted to Roulette, lasts 10 seconds)
Others: Widowmaker is an inspiration.

And I get the idea Crimson. I trust your edits and in truth will do what I can to keep things balanced. All my abilities and what not come with cost and they are not an answer for every situation. I'll respect the pros and cons of each class as well. If there is anything I can do to improve this Defense DPS character I am also open to helpful edits or suggestions.
I edited it, but due to me being on my phone, I’m incapable of making the edits colored. So hopefully you can see them and the character is accepted!

I want to make another Talon.

Hero Name: Dragon
Human or Omnic: human
Male or Female: male
Affiliation (Overwatch, Blackwatch, Talon, N/A, etc): Talon
New Recruit, Former Agent, or Current Agent: current agent
Nationality: Japanese
Occupation: contruction worker (former), proffesional gambler (former), Talon's agent
Relevant Relations: none known
Appearance:
Ryuuji is a tall man with athletic build. He has brown skin and lots of scars in his arms. His hair is cut very short, almost bald. He has brown eyes. His costume is a red full body suit with a helmet that resembles a dragon head, a fuel tank and jetpack is attached to the back and connected with a flamethrower in his hands.
Weapon: Flamethrower (short to medium range weapon that can spray fire. Use gas fuel. Can be used for 8 seconds before needing a reload.)
Passive Ability: I Can't Lose Here! (When his health drop below 30%, increase his attack and defense by 15% and he regenerate 10 health every second.)
Abilities (Max 3):
Dragon Breath (Use liquid fuel for his flamethrower. For the next 3 seconds, flamethrower's attack will cause burn for 4 seconds, dealing damage overtime)
To The Infinity and Beyond! (Dragon opened his dragonwing jetpack and charge forward, dealing small damage to enemies he hit along the way and give them knockback.)
Never Give up! (Inject himself with a special drug that heal him for five seconds. He will scream in the first second and unable to use any attack.)
Ultimate: Dragon Justice Beam (Dragon will gather energy on his palms and shoot a long range energy beam. Explode upon impact, dealing a lot of damage.)
Others:

Hero Name: Cipher
Male or Female: Male
Affiliation: Talon
New Recruit, Former Agent, or Current Agent: Former Agent of Overwatch, recently began to serve under Talon.
Nationality: British
Occupation: None, has merely served under Talon since his escape from prison, using his hacking skills to support himself.
Relevant Relations: He has parents who are very worried about him, but he hasn't been able to contact them for years due to the government keeping an eye on them.
Role: Support
Appearance: Isaac has short, hazel brown hair, with light brown eyes. He's tall and lanky, and honestly not the best built for overexertion or taking a hit. His costume consists of a black trenchcoat, with black pants and polished black shoes. His gloves are grey, but with yellow glowing holographic constructs and lines along the knuckles, palm and fingers. His mask is black and covers his entire face, and has a glowing yellow eye symbol on it, made of the same holographic constructs as the symbols on his glove.
Weapon: Primary fire: Twisted Justice (Cipher sprays out a field of yellow holographic lightning from his fingers in a wide arc in the direction he is facing, allowing it to blanket multiple enemies at once easily. Damage ramps up over time with each 3 seconds the fire is held for, capping out at 15 seconds, where the fire stops and he has a small cool down time of twitching his hand to deal with the overheat.)
Secondary fire: Nothing Can Be Hidden (Cipher prepares a burst of energy, sending it auto tracking towards it's enemy. It has 3 trackers before he has to reload by tapping his gauntlet, and has to be able to lock onto an enemy via line of sight for 3 seconds to begin the tracking shot.)
Passive Ability: Make This World Better: (If any ally or himself inflicted with a Nanobot ability ends their duration of the ability nearby to Cipher, their movement speed is increased for the next 5 seconds by the amount a Nanobot ability would usually decrease it, and their health is healed by 50, or as much as possible.)
Abilities:
Make You Better: (Cipher targets one ally or enemy, casting his Nanobots upon them, with a short 3 second cast time in which he cannot do other abilities or fire. The targeted ally or enemy gains 50 shield which will slowly regenerate unless entirely depleted, and increases their damage per second on direct damage inflicted by them for the 15 second duration it lasts. Once he has finished casting it, he has a 5 second recharge before he can cast it again. However, anyone inflicted with this ability has a slower turn rate and movement speed during the duration of it.)
Running Interference: (Cipher targets one enemy, casting his Nanobots upon them with a 3 second cast time in which he cannot do other abilities or fire. The targeted ally or enemy is stunned out of any abilities they were undertaking and cannot activate any abilities during the 10 second duration. Anyone inflicted with this ability has a slower turning rate and movement speed for the duration. He cannot start to cast a new Interference until the current one's duration has ran out.)
Nanoblink: (Cipher can lock on to either himself or one ally, and teleport them, even upwards to any surface in his line of sight. This ability also has a 3 second cast time after selecting targets, but the teleport is instant after casting, taking them only 1 second to be dissolved away by the nanobots and reappear at the targeted location, gaining 50 shield after the teleport that will slowly regenerate unless entirely depleted, and the Nanobot turning and movement speed debuff for a 5 seconds after reappearing. This is the only way for Cipher to cast nanobots upon himself, allowing him to benefit from his own Passive.)
Ultimate:
Nanite's Blessing: (When Cipher activates this ultimate, he blinks away, reappearing in the sky above him, with the ability only to slowly hover around in the nearby area without descending or ascending for the 15 second duration, or to use his new primary fire that he has for the duration of the ability. This primary fire only has 5 rounds, and once all are used the duration automatically ends and he blinks back to the ground. He fires a circular orb from his glove as a round that bursts on contact with a surface or enemy, inflicting damage to all enemies in the area around it and applying the Nanobot speed and turning debuff to any ally or enemy in the range of the area for 5 seconds. These rounds can be fired extremely fast, one after the other and have a habit of curving due to the floating angle at which they are fired. Cipher is still very much vulnerable while in this state, but the blinks into and out of the duration are only 1 second long each.)
Other: Got along pretty well with Tracer while he was still in Overwatch.

I got my second character done! WOOO! I'm finally done XD Was planning on having Sara show up later. Like after the trials with the girls and maybe she can follow them around and stuff :3

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Overwatch Roleplay will be discontinued, unless a couple of y'all want to keep going

RPers haven't been replying and we can't pull through unless people are willing to commit a portion of their time on the roleplay only.

I'll admit I've been lazy so that was my bad, I apologize for that.

So this RP is now closed off unless you guys think otherwise and the rp can pull through

Overwatch Roleplay will be discontinued, unless a couple of y'all want to keep going

RPers haven't been replying and we can't pull through unless people are willing to commit a portion of their time on the roleplay only.

So this RP is now closed off unless you guys think otherwise and the rp can pull through

A bummer, but I understand and will respect your decision.

Oh, I was going to post a character (but I couldn't think of one in time), I'd be willing to join and be an active roleplayer, if you do want to try and bring it back, you could try a new one if it is not able to be continued? I don't know, I was just excited to join when I had my ideas for the character.

jade421

Previously Sarah316

I'm willing to do whatever, been waiting on Spoiled Bread to post. I'd still be willing but understand how you feel.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Oh, I was going to post a character (but I couldn't think of one in time), I'd be willing to join and be an active roleplayer, if you do want to try and bring it back, you could try a new one if it is not able to be continued? I don't know, I was just excited to join when I had my ideas for the character.
I can consider it, making a new one
It's a mess rn really, everything is unorganized
Coming up with plotlines and all that
If I do come up with something, I'll be sure to add you
If this does continue on, I'll call you back
And if you'd rather come up with a new Overwatch, by all means go ahead. I'd be willing to join it

If i do make a new one though, which is the most probable thing here, I would be more organized. Instead of making an open thread, I'd invite the roleplayers to the thread first instead of allowing any roleplayer strolling through the thread.
By doing this, it'll be easier to roleplay with the rp-ers im comfortable with and keep things organized

Sorry for any inconvience, it's just be too messy for me lately lol

Last edited:
Well, I do already own an RP and I have no clue if it was acceptable to have multiple, but I'll wait for further notice on this one first. Please invite me on the new one if there is one. Thanks!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Well, I do already own an RP and I have no clue if it was acceptable to have multiple, but I'll wait for further notice on this one first. Please invite me on the new one if there is one. Thanks!
That works, I'll let you know if this revives or not

And of course it's acceptable to be part of or own multiple roleplay threads. It's just harder to maintain, that's all lol

I'm still up for the RP, but I'll stay back until you want to hopefully get it on the road again later.