• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS "Original topic" Team help.

Right now I am right befor the Elite Four and I could use some Helpful insight on my pokemon. I am going for an all out offensive team. I can get most pokemon in FR and I really need your help. [glow=red,2,300]Constructive critisism only.[/glow]

Pokemon: Charizard
Level:59
Item:Quick Claw
Nature:Naive
Ability:Baze
HP:170
Att:126
Def:118
Sp. Att:160
Sp. Def:106
Speed:165
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Toxic
Fly
Flamethrower

Pokemon:Zapdos
Level:53
Item:None
Nature:Bold
Ability:pressure
HP:164
Att:105
Def:124
Sp. Att:140
Sp. Def:108
Speed:119
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Agility
Thunder
Drill Peck

Pokemon:Articuno
Level:53
Nature:Brave
HP:170
Att:107
Def:123
Sp. Att:106
Sp. Def:147
Speed:96
Moves:
Blizzard
Agility
Mind Reader
Ice Beam

Pokemon:Moltres
Level:50
Nature:Timid
HP:163
Att:107
Def:106
Sp. Att:144
Sp. Def:92
Speed:119
Moves:
Fire Spin
Agility
Fire Blast
Flamethrower

Those are my main players i have others that i have or can get so if you could suggest some two others and their movesets, that would be excellent.

I do have to ask, Firered / Leagreen or 4th Generation. I ask because of the game mechanic differences in moves and which attacks run off of which stat.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just a quick thing to point out, if you're asking for help for a team or Pokemon, please specify the following things:

2) Which generation is it? Generation III and IV have not only massively different game mechanics, but Pokemon and attacks - so if you don't specify what Generation it is you're training for, there's no real way you can be given accurate help.

It is your responsibility to read all the sticky topics in all forums you look to post in. Don't fail to do so again.

I'm not sure what genereation this is. Clarification?
  • 3 Fire type moves on Moltres isn't a good thing.
  • Ditch Fly on Charizard, and give it to a Starly/Pidgey or something.
  • Ditch Blizzard on Arcticuno because of its bad Accuracy, OR Ditch Ice beam. Either one, since you have Mind Reader on Articuno. its really stylistic.
  • Ditch Thunder on Zapdos and go for Thunderbolt. Higher Accuracy, unless you plan to give a pokemon Rain Dance.
I can't help you more than that if you don't say what generation it is though.

Charizard@ Something Generic / Salac Berry
Lonely Nature

-Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Substitute
-Dragon Dance / Swords Dance / Belly Drum
-Earthquake
-Brick Break / HP Flying / Aerial Ace

Straight forward, I think at least.

Flamethrower and Fire Blast give key STAB, and gets you by Skarmory. Pick whichever you favor, power of accuracy.

The stat up move is awesome. Dragon Dance gives a nice speed boost as well, while Swords Dance gives Charizard a boost in his below average Attack. Belly Drum is a tad suicidal without Substitute and some good prediction. It's quite a force to be dealt with if you can get it off though.

Earthquake hits Rock-types, who otherwise are a pain to deal with.

Brick Break is to deal damage to Blissey and Snorlax, the two primary Special Walls in the 3rd Gen.

A Flying STAB is also qute useful as well. HP Flying can get a higher base power than Aerial Ace. If HP Flying has a base power of 61 or higher, use it. Otherwise, Aerial Ace will do more damage.