• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

Uhm... The Blue Avenger came about from a book I read some years ago, called "The Adventures of Blue Avenger". It must have made an impact. :p

Then, about when I was playing Mother 3, I decided to switch my name over to Hypotenuse Man, a combination of my two favorite enemies from M3: Nice Posing (or, as Starmen.net dubbed him, Hypotenuse Head) and Negative Man.

Nyaaa..."Persian" is one of my oldest usernames (and the one I still have here). I picked it out at Pokeschool, when I couldn't think of anything but my favorite Pokemon. So I picked Persian...it's stuck...

But then (this is for the OTHER name I use, which is now the name I normally use...this...account...is both old and a fluke :p ), when I tried to sign up at Pokeschool after they switched servers or something, my Persian account had issues. So I went around it by setting up a new account. By then, I decided I wanted to do something Japan-fangirly, and go with an OMGZJAPANESE name. So I sat at my keyboard for HOURS trying to figure out something with my limited vocabulary.

It went from Neko-jin (cat-person) to Neko-nyaa, then to Nyaa-Neko (meoow-cat), which sounded better. And henceforth, I have been Nyaa-Neko (or NN, Nyaa, or Neko for short) ever since.

Just not here, since when I rediscovered Pokecharms, I still had some of that newbie-ph34r of Oak left in me, and tried to guess the password for my long-unused account instead of making a new one. Don't wanna be accused of mule accounts, nya. :p But yeah, I kind of like the nostalgia of this old name, Persian. So I'm keeping it...at least for 'round here. ^_^

The story of my user name is sort of simple.
I wanted to start over. I had been called "Sacredity," "Sakura Kitsune," "Sacred Blessed," "Kitsune no Yuki," and "Geisha Kitsune" at way to many sites... Kitsune being a very used theme, so I sat down one day and thought about changing my common users...

After thinking for a while, I got a phone call with a friend and we started talking about a little story I started writing called "Tea with a Twist" and I instantly thought "I should call myself Tea-chan!"

I went to change to that name, but most sites had it taken. then I got a random IM from my boyfriend and he was sending me virtual roses to tell me he missed me (since he is out of state for school). Anyways, I took the thought of Rose and joined it with Tea.

RoseTea. =3 I thought is was simple and cute.

Though many have taken to calling me "Rose" as a first name, or "Rosie." xD
But I love this name and use it everywhere.
On Pokemon, other forums, livejournal, WoW, etc...

I don't think I'll ever get bored with it.

Simply put, Gardevoir are my favorite Pokemon. I believe they are the most beautiful in the game. When I made my own Pokemon RP board, the idea occurred to make a "Professor" name, but that struck me as cliche, so I instead chose a name signifying having perfected the techniques and strategies behind a single species of Pokemon: Gardevoir Master.

The story behind the name I give to people on the internet might be a little more interesting. I go by the name Chet Weaver, which is not my real name, of course. When I was new to the internet, back in the late 90's, there was this RP chat room I visited that focused on superheroes. I liked computers, so I created a hero that could become and meld with technology, which I named Tech Weaver. Eventually, I realized I could give him a civilian name just by rearranging the letters in the word "Tech" to read "Chet." Henceforth, I've been calling myself "Chet 'Tech' Weaver."

"wad" are the first 3 letters of my middle name, 11 is the age I was when I made this account name (on AIM), and 656 is my old address from the state I used to live in! ;DSo mine has quite a decent story behind it... ;)

Hmm, maybe it's time I did some sort of big reveal about my screename...

Apart from the fact it's been so goddamn long since I made up this name for Pokeschool I can in fact not recall anywhere the name could have come from. Methinks green pokemon may have inspired it but that's a little vague, so yeah, the origin of my screenname is lost to the mists of time... Never to be seen again.

Weeeeeell, April, of course means around springtime and stuff,

For you northerners, sure. for me it's a lot less fluffy than that... Possibly due to the fact that it forces me to become fluffy or perish. And fluffy I am not.

Ah, Trevlac is simply my last name backwards. It sounded medievalish enough for Gemstone III the game when I played so that's what I used. For 8 years his appearance has never changed. I was the original black leather trench coat wearer, screw you guys in the Matrix!

I've had many other usernames like Angelmon777 (ah, that brings back memories) because when I was a kid and obsessed with Digimon I thought Angemon was spelled with the "L" in it. Also 777 supposedly being a holy number.

DigitalBomb: My first "hacker" alias. I don't use aliases anymore since I'm now a White Hat. I just use my name.

Oizen6 came out of the blue. When I was playing pinball at school I got the high score and i first typed my name but then i diceide to type it backwards ozin... but it did not seem complete I adden an e and changed it around and aded a 6 for no reason

P

Pikachu_Master

Your name is Nizo ? That's very unique. Now to my, Pikachu_Master, I can beat someone with just a party of Pikachus and I really know how to use 'em

Well the way i came up with Saint is cool. First I went by Zero because he was my favorite Megaman character. Then something happened in 5th grade. Me and the girl I liked went to school one day and everyone was talking about a party they went to. They said that on a wall there it said that the girl and I were going to die in one week. She freaked out and we went to the guidence office. She sobbed on my shoulder and I hugged her, and she called me her "Saint". Then I found out my last name Santos is latin for Saint so I decided that would be my name. Now whenever I think of Elementary School, I always think of that girl and what she said to me... :'( :) :'(

Wow, mine's not nearly as imaginative as some of yours, but I'll tell mine anyways.

For as long as I can remember I've loved the first name 'Carrie'. If you were to ask me when I first heard it I wouldn't be able to tell you (some distant part of me believes it was the name of the babysitter I had as a toddler, not sure). It's always just struck a chord with me. I got the last name 'Slovak' from an anime I watched almost religiously a few years back. Anyone remember 'Zoids'? Yeah. I got it off one of my favorite characters...Well, he was only my favorite because I thought his name was catchy. :p

Well, my aunt always used to call me Johnny boy and ever since she passed my user names have always been Johnnyboy25 or if that's taken Johnnyboy2594. 25 Stands for the day of my birthday 2/25. 94 stands for the year i was born, 1994

mine name well, ummmm it's based off 007
and wolves are my favorite animals
so i just put the two together
i don't really like jams bond all that much
but it sounded cool
i also go by fox of eden or edenfox

I originally went by "neko-" something, but then I noticed my best friend's name was "flurrydivider", which sounds sooo cool, and I was just "neko" (which means "cat", btw).

Then I was going to go with snow something, because snow is white, and white is the complete absense of everything, so it's kinda depressing. Then I added th "black_" part to it to make it sound like something was trying to bring something - anything at all - to the white snow, and failed miserably' leaving it black.

Goemon is the main character of Ganbare Goemon,jap game (confused MANY times)

2057 has a special place in my heart.When i was little i was a DBZ fan like many,my favorite site was hosted by a person named Trunks2027,at the time i thought it was 2057 so i used that,and its been part of all my names since

Well, Damion Lionheart is my character I plan to use in a video game I want to make, Hes also my favorite character I ever made up so I use him in all things. Including pokemon and there dedicated fourms. ;D

well this is the first time i have used my username i used to use sweetheart122 every where i whent but i disided to change it to pokemon_fan becase i am a big pokemon fan.

Well, Mines is because:
My favorite nintendo character is Yoshi
and kin came from Kenshin. Yoshi-kin
I use the for everything. But Yoshikin is a Yoshi Dragon.

I Just used my real name^^''' Since its so uncommon anyway really. I guess not with people all around the net roleplaying but, I haven't run across anyone with the same name as me except for Miyamoto in real life so, I usually just use it, since no one would guess its my real name unless I told them anyway XD.
My mother named me after my father, who was named after the greatest samurai of all time, Miyamoto Musashi. Why I dont know, I never met my father or his side of the family so I guess its a mystery o.o.
But seeing as I like my name, I just use that^^'' Usually my friends call me Musa-Chan though XD Since its easier for them to pronounce, and cuter. And no one here better call me that unless I know you o.o...Or..unless your a big scary mod then do what you will >_< Just leave me and the young ones alone...

O.o; I dunnu what mine means any moor...I was like 10 when I made it (first time online) and I have used it on just about every site I go on since then. xD

Well, you can read my username as Rocket "Eks" But it's actually Rocket Ten. Rocket Ten is this character I have in this little fanfiction of mine ;D... He's one of 13 members of the Rocket Elite, who all specialize in researching and capturing legendary Pokemon...

G

Ghastly

On Nintendo Nsider Forums, I was trying to think of a name and Gastly came to my mind (I was about 12 at the time), except I spelled it wrong and came out as Ghastly.
It kind of describes my nature and the way I act sometimes.

Well i wanted something different and definitely something you don't normally see, so i ended up getting this name. It means in the ancient language "Morning star".

Puppy, Simple. I've gotten weird names out of it on another site. But the weird thing is. I'm not a huge fan of Pups/dogs. xD It just grew on me. I use it when I can. *shifty eyes*
-disappears-

My online name is Katrina Forest, so I went with just Katrina for my user name. I used to have the online name Katrina Kadabra (yes, as in Kadabra the Pokemon) but Forest had a better ring to it, I thought. And if I ever actually use it for a published penname, I won't get sued by Nintendo for copyright infrindgement. ::)

if anyone has ever played gauntlent legends on N64 or gaunlent dark legacy for PS2 you'll know where I got my name. I think I spelled wrong tho. it's been awhile since I played either of those games. final boss in gauntlent legends. second to last boss in dark legacy.I normally use names from video games. such as Skormm or Avo or Archon or Jackofblades(from Fable and Fable: lost chapters).or garm(gaunlent dark legacy).

mine is basically my initials, and the year i came up with this username. i've had a few variations on various websites, but the only difference is the last digit. so, the most recent one i've come up with is 2009, which is my class. (high school)

MINE is absolutely un-creative and kind of silly to boot.

*cough* Anyway... It came from wen a group of my friends were playing a game in class, and we needed a team name. We couldn't really think of anything, and someone looked at the recycling bin (it's not really a bin.. it's a box.) On it, it said: Paper Only because we only recycle paper at out school. Suddenly, that just kind of stuck. It's short, and just plain awesome. More usernames of mine would be Leader of Prinnies, Lord of Prinnies, Lord of Penguins, etc.

I just recently came up with a new username!~drum roll~ Squarebox! Also very awesome, and has a story too. (inquire if you dare!)

Other usernames of mine were Ryuki, DragonSparx, and others I completely forgot.

Ryuki just sounded like a cool name, so I started using it. DragonSparx came from my older brother's username being Dragonfire. Since I'm not as good as he is, I'm not a fire, I'm a Spark. I just added the x because it was cool.

my Username....well.....it just popped out of my head,maybe of Ultimate Weapon,named Ultima Weapon afterwards,but Ultima Weapon sounded cool,but not much as Ultimate Weapon,so yeah,that's all about it

It's a nickname my friend gave me. My last name is Osborne, so I'm going to be called Ozzy at one point or another (similar to Sullivan and Sully). My friend, Dana, adds a random noun to the end of peoples names (Danamittens, Ozzybeans) and my random noun happens to be "beans".

I like it. It's cute. ^__^