• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

One-Shot: Your Love is my Drug

This is just a little idea I had based on me mistaking something for something else :p If it is the will of the readers, this might actually turn into something. Anyway, enjoy~!

Thursday, July 8th, 2010

I had been waiting for this all day. I knew it would happen eventually, so I had just bided my time by staying on the computer for several hours. Starting right now, I would be able to enjoy the thing I had wanted: my parents weren’t home, and wouldn’t be for several hours. The peace, the comfort, and not being nagged to do something…just my kind of setting. Everything was perfectly calm by my standards, and the heavy rainfall outside made it even better. The sound of rainfall was soothing to me, and made me feel calm and tranquil, a suitable feeling for the next couple of hours. There was only one problem: I reeked of dog.
---
After stepping out of the shower and pulling on some clean clothes, I ran a hand through my dark chocolate-colored hair, then scratched the back of my head. I pulled my hand back and smelled the intoxicating aroma that was Irish Spring shampoo, and walked out of the bathroom, simultaneously turning of the light and closing the door. I walked back to the couch in the living room where I had left the laptop, propped myself up against a few pillows, and got back to randomly web surfing while listening to some Three Days Grace. My Siamese cat, Asia, climbed decided to jump up onto me, so I pushed the laptop back a bit so she could lay on my stomach, her light beige fur contrasting with my black shirt.

I decided to get on my number one favorite site: Pokecharms.com, and see if anything interesting was going on. After scrolling through a few threads I was stalking, I sighed as I had seen nothing new. I checked the Pokecharms Chat that I had running in another tab, and everyone that was active was talking about different avatars; nothing too interesting.

Suddenly, the little terrier puppy began whining, wanting to go outside to use the bathroom while the rain had stopped. I moved the cat and laptop and got up to go out there with him, because he wouldn’t go unless someone was nearby. I picked him up and opened the screen door to the backyard, and carried him across the deck and down the little ramp, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible in order to go back online quickly. As he was doing his business over by the storm shelter, I noticed something white flash by to my right. I looked over and it was just a bird that had landed. Nothing unusual. I glanced back at the puppy, who was still sniffing around for a spot to go, when a white flash went by again. I looked around near the flower patch where I had seen the flash, but nothing was there, so I moved towards the pecan tree near the neighbor’s fence.

Something white was there, hiding behind the bushes. I got right up next to the bushes and peered through, looking straight at it, when it disappeared. How typical of something mysterious. The dog barked, sounding like he wanted to go in, so I turned around to go get him when the white thing was standing right in front of me. But it wasn’t any normal white creature, it was an Absol. An Absol, that wasn’t in the Pokemon World. Quickly, I scanned my memory to see if I had accidentally taken any kind of hallucinogen today, but nothing popped up, although the milk I had in my cereal this morning tasted awfully bad for being brand new.

We just stared at each other for several minutes, the dog still barking. I reached out to touch the apparition, but felt fur. Real, soft, white fur. I moved my hand up and touched its face, which felt like skin, then proceeded to touch the horn-blade, which felt like steel. Here was a living, breathing Absol in front of me, and I did not know what to make of it.

“Wait. Right. There.” I said slowly, backing away even slower, moving towards the screen door. After opening it, looking back and seeing that the Absol was still there, I bolted towards the laptop and the Pokecharms Chat tab. I quickly typed in ‘GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! I –JUST- SAW AN /ACTUAL/ ABSOL O______________o’, to which the majority responded asking if I was on drugs. I replied saying that I already checked and I’m not, but they then thought that I was wondering if I was asking in order to get their reactions for a fic or something. Not responding, I went back outside, finding that the dog was sniffing the Absol, and went back to the creature.

“Can you understand me?”

It nodded.

“Do you have a Trainer?”

Another nod.

“Who?”

Nothing.

“Is it someone on Pokecharms?”

A shake of the head this time.

“Is it someone I know?”

One more nod.

“Who?”

The Absol ran for it, jumping over the gate to the backyard, and running left, in front of the house. I opened the gate and followed it, and got to the front yard to see the Absol sitting next to a person, a person wearing a silver jacket with a black shirt underneath, silver pants, and black shoes. His hair was silver as well, and hung in front of his silver eyes. Now things were just getting a little too farfetched for my tastes, and it was starting to annoy me. It was one thing to see a Pokemon, but seeing a person you made up was just ridiculous.

“…Troy?”

“Were you expecting someone else?” came the reply, followed by a smirk.

“But you’re not real. Or at least, not in this world. You should be in the world of Pokemon, which is not in this universe, I’m afraid. You should get back before some strange dimensional-shift thing occurs.”

“But Jesse, this is the Pokemon World.”

*Holds up a sign demanding MOAR*

I was like WTF when that Absol appeared. Dimentional mess ups ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Sho~ you must write more. I implore you to continue this story, as it seems quite interesting and a fun little idea. :3

I really like your writing style as well. It was whimsical and playful and I love reading pieces that don't try and take themselves too seriously. It's just a nice change of pace. I also like the little inclusions of 'Charms, and I believe I was in Chat on the night in question. :p

So, write more please and thank you. -^^-

My basic reaction: Stuff: Okay. More stuff: Okay. Absol: OMG YESH! Drugs: Awesome. I think the vote is unamimous that everybody wants more. I know I do. And messing with the universe is win.