• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

One Shot - Killer Anna

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
One shot, set during a story elsewhere. Vincent has lost his heart to the darkness, and Yoshimitsu has to help him. They meet again, and fight. Yoshimitsu is reminded of his past. Inspired by the song, Killer Anna, so it'd kind of a songfic?

Yoshimitsu dragged himself to his feet again, staggering as he stood. Around him, the ground was charred and burned in places from where he'd been forced to dodge another powerful attack. Other than that, it was uneven, hills, covered in grass. Not too far away was a motorway, cars blazing past, possibly wondering what was going on. The sun was setting, already fallen behind the horizon, so light was dim.

"You walked in as I'm walking out. Should I try this once again? Should I try this once again?"

Yoshimitsu dived to the side again, his hair sparking into golden as another fireball blasted down at him. The attacks were getting more and more accurate. Was this just for fun? Was Vincent toying with him. As quickly as his body would allow, he spun into a slash, knocking another fireball right back at his former friend. Vincent, who had changed. Vincent, who's face was half covered by a bone mask. Vincent, who had lost himself to darkness. Vincent, who Yoshimitsu knew he had to defeat. The dark haired teenager swatted the fireball to the side.

"And as we kissed, I remember how it felt to fall in love when I was young, but I can't get that feeling back."

Yoshimitsu spat some blood from his mouth. He knew that he had to fight, he knew he had to defeat Vincent, but he did not realise how tough it would be to fight it. Not physically, though he knew that Vincent was currently stronger. Emotionally. He didn't know if he could cause that much harm to his friend. He knew he had to save him, but was this the only way? Vincent was not holding back, so why should he? Yoshimitsu stabbed his sword into the ground and pointed both palms at Vincent, firing off a blast of electricity. He then grabbed his sword again and shot up, following the blast. Though Vincent once again swatted away the attack, Yoshimitsu spun and slashed at him. Vincent threw his arm up, meeting Yoshimitsu's sword's guard.

"You've got a killer's grin on, or maybe I'm just too jaded now."

"Not bad, you're fighting smarter," Vincent mocked, grinning.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Yoshimitsu replied, grabbing Vincent's face. He released another blast of electricity, this time knocking Vincent out of the sky. Yoshimitsu dropped to the ground, already feeling remorse. This wasn't Vincent he was fighting, it was his darkness personified. But it was Vincent's body. What should he do? He didn't know. Should he smash the mask? Run away? Appeal to Vincent's better side? Kill him? Yoshimitsu didn't know the answer. He knew one thing though. If he didn't fight back right now, he'd die. Instinctively, he dived to the side, dodging another attack, this time a red and black beam. Yoshimitsu flipped to one hand then to his feet again, continuing his charge at Vincent.

"My God the killer's waiting, don't say you care, I know you don't."

*ponders for a moment*

Definitely interesting. The fact you can pull a story out of a song is pretty awesome, and I think it's something you should do more often. Loving how the song lines correlate (am I using that in the right context?) with what's going on in the songfic. Though, I don't see the relation to "You walked in as I'm walking out. Should I try this once again? Should I try this once again?"

The most I can pull from that is the continual attacking. But, it really is superb for a short little thingy pulled from a song.

I really like the way you've done this el, the whole concept of putting it to a song really changes the way I pictured the battle actually taking place, kinda made it a bit more theatrical to say the least.

/fanboy

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Hm, it has a very "this is all....for now!" sort of feel to it so far, but it contains enough to make people want to see what happens next. I've never heard the song it's based on myself, but in terms of the story it is very interesting thus far. Definitely want to see how the battle unfolds, and whether Yoshimitsu will be able to put aside his emotions and defeat Vincent.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'm considering a series of one-shot songfics for this battle, because I actually have the majority of it planned out in my head. The problem is, song choices. Some will work to portray emotion, some action, etc. It's picking the songs thats the hard part.

It's an interesting Concept. I have no critique or anything really, but its good XP

Was the bone mask idea from bleach, the half hollow form, or something?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heheh. I asked Sem recently what songs he listened to when writing so I could play it in the BG while reading. Did the same once with that Wicked song in one of your previous stories. Setting writing to music is filled with love (builds on the atmosphere for one). Just had to play Killer Anna in the BG while reading this...

:o

El, this is a wonderful story. It's tone throughout just filled me with a suspensful awe. I wonder how Vincent turned to the dark side...