• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece: The Great Pirate Era Discussion

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
you don't have to have seen it to get what i'm saying, just cause you don't have a devil fruit power doesn't mean you're a side character

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Children.

For frog's sake.

A forum thread is not a chat room. It is not to be treated like a chat room. Short rapid fire messages like that are SPAM. Posts in a forum must have discussion value. If you want to have quick conversations, use private messages.

Quite frankly, I've been hearing reports about this thread left and right, and from what I hear some people have been applying pressure as for why their character should be the only special character (which, quite frankly, could be construed as a form of god-moding/Gary Stu-ing - and that, quite frankly, is in violation of our rules!), and this discussion thread has had five pages of arguing before the thread even began. You may want to keep that in mind, because seriously, this is no way to run an RP.

Rex

Resident Furry
As far as we know, The will of D is just a name and doesn't provide any unfair advatages

This is demonstrably false. All the below quotes are pulled from the One Piece Wiki on the Will of the D., which you can read for yourself here.

Kureha was the first to mention the "will of D." when she revealed that the true name of the late Pirate King was Gol D. Roger. She told Dalton that Chopper had joined up with a very dangerous man
When Donquixote Rosinante learned that Law is a "D.", he revealed to Law that those with this initial in their name are from the fated "family of D." In the country where Rosinante came from, children were told that if they misbehaved, they would be be eaten up by "D.". Similarly, elders of that country seemed quite wary of the "storm" that those with "D." were known to cause. Rosinante explained to Law that the "D." has been secretly inherited worldwide and throughout history, and that in a certain land, the "Family of D" was referred to as "Natural Enemy of God". According to Rosinante, the "D."s are considered to be the natural enemy of the Celestial Dragons, as Celestial Dragons are considered to be "Gods".
It is not clear what the significance of the shared middle initial is, but it appears that all share a similar faith in their own (and others') dreams and/or destiny. When a "D." appears, the general consensus is that they are going to stir things up on a global scale, for better or for worse. Examples of world-shaking events instigated by "D."s include wars, changes in government, and the dawn of a new era.
Those who bear the "D." in their name seem to be able to withstand an incredible degree of punishment in battle and only surrender to death when they know it is truly unavoidable. In the same vein is an unusual behavior that seems to be common to "D.": they are often seen laughing or smiling right before they die (or think they're about to die), as though they have accepted their fate and hold no fear of death.

I've added emphasis and cleaned up the quotes slightly, but otherwise these are word for word from the wiki. This isn't just another middle initial that someone might have, and it does seem to confer unfair advantages on those who carry it.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
We could either use Longuetown on Polestar Island or we can make up an OC Island & town to use. Or something else, I don't know why I limited it to two options XD

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
I like the sound of polestar island, but is the island I was talking about in the first rp post the one you are referring to?