• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece: The Great Pirate Era Discussion

Rex

Resident Furry
My participation in this RP is contingent on Veks being accepted as is. If him having a Zoan Devil Fruit is no longer acceptable, then I'll rescind my application.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I can drop my Devil Fruit if needed. Though the marines would have no one with one then. Don't want anyone to leave just cause they lack a fruit. My character doesn't need one to function.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
My participation in this RP is contingent on Veks being accepted as is. If him having a Zoan Devil Fruit is no longer acceptable, then I'll rescind my application.
Sorry I forgot about your oc, cause my oc has a zoan fruit as well, but right now i'm really not sure with the pirates right now cause I think we should have at least two devil fruit users for the pirates

I can drop my Devil Fruit if needed. Though the marines would have no one with one then. Don't want anyone to leave just cause they lack a fruit. My character doesn't need one to function.
No you can keep the fruit, you don't need to drop it

Rex

Resident Furry
I'm personally less concerned with the frequency of Devil Fruits, which can easily be explained as whomever our particular captain is intentionally seeking out crew members with Devil Fruit powers, and more concerned with the fact that one of our number has the Will of D., a very heavily plot involved concept that is still poorly explained aside from marking those that hold it (Gol D. Roger, Monkey D. Luffy, Trafalgar D. Water Law, etc.) as being extremely special.

Jayblade

So are you thinking that we should just keep the amount of DF users we have in the crew, and just go with that the captain is looking for DF users

Jayblade

okay, but that means we still need to find out who's keeping their fruit and who isn't, do you know anybody that should keep their fruit?

Jayblade

okay so that means that mine, Gyro's and Yusa's devil fruit powers are gone, so that means out of our crew only Rex and Rohan have them, is everyone okay with that

Jayblade

okay if everybody is ready I think I'm gonna start up the rp, but would I be able to keep my fruit? I understand if you think this unfair, but if not then would he be able to get one later on

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I'm personally less concerned with the frequency of Devil Fruits, which can easily be explained as whomever our particular captain is intentionally seeking out crew members with Devil Fruit powers, and more concerned with the fact that one of our number has the Will of D., a very heavily plot involved concept that is still poorly explained aside from marking those that hold it (Gol D. Roger, Monkey D. Luffy, Trafalgar D. Water Law, etc.) as being extremely special.

This is a thing. The Pirates have basically a chosen one on their side, meaning us Marines don't have much chance to make an impact XD

okay if everybody is ready I think I'm gonna start up the rp, but would I be able to keep my fruit? I understand if you think this unfair, but if not then would he be able to get one later on

Well, the pirates having two Logia users (Yours and Rohan's) kinda makes it really unfair to us marines XD. What are we supposed to do to try and be more than a mild annoyance? That's my only concern, that the Marines have no chance to even compete.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
He's no longer a logia user, I changed he's a zoan user now

Oh sorry, saw only the original bio. My bad XD

Still, an early stage Logia really tips the scales unfairly in your crews favor. And having a D. as well. We are kinda shrubs by comparison XD

jade421

Previously Sarah316
My only suggestion would be to have a logia user on your side aswell

I mean it feels kinda limiting to have only the two Logia users ever clash with each other in these engagements.

As far as we know, The will of D is just a name and doesn't provide any unfair advatages

Considering the people who had it, there clearly is some special advantage with having the name D. Not like it's reserved for nobodies.

Jayblade

as for the logia thing, if you don't want that what do we do? Rohan if we can' find any other way to balance things out would you mind changing your fruit?

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Sounds fair, but how to we begin this? We can have the Marines host a little in-town tournament or something among cadets and other marines to see who is qualified to join the task force among the lower ranked officers. But that's half the story, we need a pirate half too.

Jayblade

I think that is a good idea for marines, but for pirates I'd say just do it how the actual anime/manga did it like how Luffy just went and formed a crew one member at a time

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I think that is a good idea for marines, but for pirates I'd say just do it how the actual anime/manga did it like how Luffy just went and formed a crew one member at a time

Maybe he could begin to look in the same town this cadet tournament is happening?