• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece: The Great Pirate Era Discussion

jade421

Previously Sarah316
is it? Hmmm maybe I can drop it instead, give me a couple of minutes

I mean given we have other Logia users in this RP (OP apparently) you don't have to change yours if that is apparently okay XD

We just need some way for us to be able to survive them. Without Haki that seems tricky XD

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
yeah I see what you mean, the only reason I chose a logia type is because they are easier to create new attacks

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I mean here's how a fight between your OC will go and one of ours if we have Logia around from the start.

Marine OC: You're mine pirate! *Attacks pass right through doing nothing*

Pirate Logia OC: LOL scrub *Kills them with elements casually*

It's not even a fair fight XD

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Maybe the non-Logia fruit characters can pack some sea stone to make it even, though that only make tip the scales against them rather than balance. IDK just tossing ideas.

Jayblade

okay I know it's part of the canon, but do you think removing the part of how the mera mera allows the user to turn into fire to avoid attacks and allow them to pass through the user.

The Slime-Slime fruit is also a Logia type, I can either change the fruit or make it so my character gets the fruit later on
you can have it at the start if you want

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I mean, you can do that. But it wouldn't be a Logia fruit at that point. As the gimmick is you turn into your element as far as I know...*Hope I don't look stupid XD*

Name: Souryu Leon
Appearance: Blonde hair, wears a blue long sleeveless coat, with black pants and shoes
Height: 5’9
Personality: a bit minuplative, but a overall calm and cool guys
Pirate or Marine: Marine
Crew: (Never watched One Piece so I don’t know if they have a crew
Role: I don’t know
Devil Fruit: N/A
Backstory: as a child, he always play with his parents but one day pirates invaded his home town and destroyed them. He was sent to a orphanage and had lost his memories, but when a certain girl said she wanted to be a pirate like her mother the memories hit him like a hammer and when he was old enough he joined the marines.

Jayblade

I mean, you can do that. But it wouldn't be a Logia fruit at that point. As the gimmick is you turn into your element as far as I know...*Hope I don't look stupid XD*
I probably didn't put it right, but what I meant to say was you can still turn into your element, but it won't allow physical attacks to just phase through them

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Why would Marines have a crew?

Well, given marines have captains (Among other ranks), command troops and tavel with groups of soldiers on boats...why would they not have crews?

I probably didn't put it right, but what I meant to say was you can still turn into your element, but it won't allow physical attacks to just phase through them

I'll wait to see what others say on this before I voice my own opinion. But you'd be saying in this scenario that we could punch fire?

Jayblade

I'll wait to see what others say on this before I voice my own opinion. But you'd be saying in this scenario that we could punch fire?
okay I realise how stupid my solution was, so I think the best solution is to not just sort of spam the turning into your element

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Because Crews are a Pirate thing, Marines are like the military so they are not like Pirates, like you said the captain is a rank not a role

I mean we can easily make a "squadron" or low-scale task force or something that is a pirate crew for marines in all but name. Given we need a reliable way to have our marine OCs interact with each other as frequently as the pirate OCs.

okay I realise how stupid my solution was, so I think the best solution is to not just sort of spam the turning into your element

@Rohan Kishibe what are your thoughts? What do you think is the best solution?

Might I make a suggestion? Im not apart of this rp but I couldnt help but snoop around.
I think your biggest flaw here is simply to many devil fruit users trying to pile into the same place at the same time. I suggest you gather up a set number of members (perhaps 6-8 or so?) and any of them that would prefer a DF can create a detailed sheet on there original fruit and its abilites. Afterwards you could choose two best/most diverse powers and make those your DF crew members.
Im not saying no one else should have it a fruit power, but perhaps a bit down the road? Or as a villain?

And I really like the Marine crew idea. Perhaps its an elite task force of sorts? 9 of the deadliest marines on the sea led by a DF marine specifically designed to take down superpowered pirates.

Hope any of the input helps, and I apologize if im butting in.

And I really like the Marine crew idea. Perhaps its an elite task force of sorts? 9 of the deadliest marines on the sea led by a DF marine specifically designed to take down superpowered pirates.
I really like this idea and it's also lore friendly since there's already a similar concept in the series (the CP0-9), I second this, thanks

Jayblade

okay, what do we do about the problem that too many people have devil fruits? Cause we can't just force anybody

Jayblade

I'd say Rohan's character's devil fruit is probably the most diverse, just cause I think the ways he could use it could be interesting, I dunno who else tho

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Eh, I think mine is kinda unique. It's not a Logia, and there is a few utilities with feather making I aim to play around with. Such as flight, projectiles, *cough* tickling *cough*, making a cushion to lay on if I feel into the sea etc.

But this is biased. So keep that in mind...

Jayblade

yeah it is biased, but I also agree with it at the same time, but you're oc's a marine right, so I say we have one more DF user for the pirate crew

Last edited: