• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece: The Great Pirate Era Discussion

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
I mean we have four devil fruit users already, but maybe that could be the crew's thing, all the members are devil fruit users, I dunno just throwing out ideas

jade421

Previously Sarah316
That's a big reason why I am asking. I know one Marine user aims to be a swordsman, so I was curious if the Marines had any Devil Fruit users to decide if I want/need to have mine have one or not.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Okay.

I am in school right now, I'll work on my bio between classes and hopefully (Fingers crossed) I'll have a draft bio ready by the time I get off.

Ye I'd just like to think about my OC a bit more this time, will probably post it either this night or tomorrow morning (aka in a couple of hours for non center-europeans)

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Name: Abigail "Abby" Thompson
Appearance: Fair skinned woman with a lean, athletic build. Wears a pair of black pricings on her ears and has short, silver hair to go with dark blue eyes. Wears a sleeveless blue top with a pair of long grey pants and some black boots. Has a swan tattoo along her right arm.
Height: 5'6"
Personality: Someone with a strong sense of justice. Has a desire to protect others, even if it can cause her to jump into situations she was better off not getting involved in and can be incredibly reckless. Has a passion for drawing, and loves to sketch the open sea as they travel from town to town.
Pirate or Marine: Marine
Crew: TBD (Based off other OCs, and what we decide to call ourselves and that's if marines get crew names XD)
Role: TBD (Again, based on who wants what job)
Devil Fruit: Feza-Feza Fruit (The Feather-Feather Fruit).
Backstory: Grew up the daughter of a pair of merchants, and saw the bad side of town as it was a place where the strong survived and the weak exploited. Pirates tended to visit around these parts, and far from the kind that inspired a sense of adventure. As such, Abby made it a vow to stand up for those who could not and combat those “bullies” such as pirates as she dreams. One day, as she helped to bring back some stolen goods from a pirate crew, she discovered a curious shaped fruit that she took and would eat. And as she lost her ability to swim, she gained the ability to produce feathers. A unique trait she worked to maximize as she would enlist with the marines and begin her campaign to protect people across all seas from pirate villainy.

Name: Jacob Law
Appearance: Black hair, black eyes, well-built body, has a small scar on the right side of his lips and a bigger one on his right cheek. Wears the usual marine white suit and the white "Justice" coat. Carries around a katana (Not on his back or waist, simply with his left hand). The weapon's sheath is made of high-density seastone.
Height: 5'11
Personality: Has a strong sense of justice, follows blindly his ideal of a perfect world without criminals. Is extremely self-conscious about his height. Overall kind with non-pirates, not-so-kind with pirates (duh).
Pirate or Marine: Marine
Crew: /
Role: Lieutenant Commander
Devil Fruit: N/D
Backstory: His father was a Marine and Jacob got all his ideals from him. While his father never really "climbed" the Marines rank ladder, he still admired him and decided at a very young age to follow his father's path. After starting his sword training at 6, he became a Marine at the young age of 8 and started slowly but steadily getting promotions until he reached his current rank of Lieutenant Commander.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Though TBF how are non-devil fruit users supposed to compete with those that have them without Haki (Which I presume we don't get till down the line)? Unless we make everyone a swordsman XD

Just overall supernatural strength and speed, like in almost any anime/manga ever. A lot of characters, even in One Piece, have incredible speed and power even though they have no devil fruit related to that. I'd say a combination of those should be enough.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Goro Goro no Mi (Lightning DF (see God Enel for reference))

Jesus, this is gonna make your OC way OP to start a story with XD. Enel was a monster; starting with his power is a monster advantage and really a Logia feels unfair given we don't have Haki to deal with it XD

Though I am a marine, so I shouldn't be complaining XD

Jesus, this is gonna make your OC way OP to start a story with XD. Enel was a monster; starting with his power is a monster advantage and really a Logia feels unfair given we don't have Haki to deal with it XD

Though I am a marine, so I shouldn't be complaining XD
is it? Hmmm maybe I can drop it instead, give me a couple of minutes