• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Second Try

So...how is the best way to work myself into plot
The basis is as outlined in the first post of this thread. We're all supposed to be a group of misfits who happened to encounter one another on this wasteland-island. There are...various reasons you could be on the island, for example, my character is here because she belongs to a traveling circus who stopped at the island to restock supplies and maybe make a bit of cash. They're currently being attacked by a group of slave traders.

If you want to jump into the thick of things, then the current Circus vs Slavers scuffle that's going on is where all the characters are.

Since I'm a bit late, can I wait to introduce Oshiro. If somebody gets hurt, it would be the perfect excuse to throw him in. Being a doctor (and a weirdo) Oshiro will be attracted o the fight, where he only assumes there must be blood. He'd wait until it's over, and then scavenge for people in need of his assistance. Of course, Oshiro is a butthole and has very little goodness in his heart- he'd strike up a deal to get off the island before agreeing to help anyone. And viola, he's part of the crew!

Since I'm a bit late, can I wait to introduce Oshiro. If somebody gets hurt, it would be the perfect excuse to throw him in. Being a doctor (and a weirdo) Oshiro will be attracted o the fight, where he only assumes there must be blood. He'd wait until it's over, and then scavenge for people in need of his assistance. Of course, Oshiro is a butthole and has very little goodness in his heart- he'd strike up a deal to get off the island before agreeing to help anyone. And viola, he's part of the crew!
Sounds perfect!

Its fine... we have a doctor...
beb2d25855d90520d49393d0a897c442.png

Plus Alarich may be nice ,and notice. Possibly giving her a little antidote... if he still has any left... (he probably will)

I had to do some research... does confusion or other altered mental status sound like a decent effect? I could imagine a lot would probably kill someone... the guy Alarich stuck with his back probably would have been a goner if Alarich didn't help... Your character should be fine for now... I think.

Also I didn't see the comments about the ship... I must have overlooked a notification... I like the junk ship idea. If the ship is too small for everyone Alarich can swim along beside it...

Thanks for the invite! (Mango contacted me on Discord)

Name: Arcann Bennett

Epithet: None

Bounty: 0

Species: Human

Appearance: Arcann has jet black hair roughly swept to the right with indigo streaks and icy blue eyes (brighter hue than Elio's). He has a muscular physique and stands at about 6'2. His outfit consists of a black bomber jacket over a white v-neck tee and navy jeans, paired with white lace-up sneakers. His dagger is sheathed on the right side of his waist.

Personality: Arcann only respects the strong; or at least, those stronger than him or those who can at least entertain him in combat. He tends to be very laid back and nonchalant most of the time, but when fighting, he becomes more expressive, for better or worse. When tasked with someone to assassinate or something to steal, Arcann immediately becomes more reserved and cold, executing his job in the quickest and most efficient way possible.

Affiliations: N/A

Role: Primarily Spy, secondarily Assassin

Weapons: A Wazamono dagger with a matte black finish on the blade, which is about a foot in length (The handle is about half a foot in length). The paracord on the hilt is an intertwined series of black and light blue, and the guard is made of silver with a dark grey color, creating a swirl pattern around the center of the weapon at the top of the handle. Arcann obtained the weapon through inheritance from his grandfather, who was a famed warrior in his time, held in high esteem by the monarchs of his homeland. The blade was forged in secret to destroy the wielder of Yoru at that time (who was an evil tyrant), and Arcann's grandfather was equipped with the black dagger and tasked to kill the ruler.

Blade Name: Shi no Musuko (translates to son of death)--The Black Dagger; Skillful Grade

Backstory: Being a wandering nomad who had an extreme ambition for power and absolute strength, Arcann traveled the globe, searching for those stronger than him in combat. It wasn't long before he developed a hunger for wealth to add to his power, as the fact that he never was defeated was easy enough to earn him an infamous reputation among people everywhere. Suddenly, Arcann was contacted by a kid named Elio, who introduced himself as the captain of a ship and attempted to enlist his help on a quest to find and obtain the One Piece. Rather amused by the fact that Elio implied that Arcann would embark on a journey under the leadership of someone younger than and shorter than him, the latter accepted on one condition: that Elios had to beat him in a fight... and for the first time, Arcann lost. Visibly irritated that someone had finally defeated him and he would now be forced to actually join Elio, Arcann was surprised to see Elio--rather than waiting for him to verbally accept the request--simply leaving him with a wave and a "Well, just think about it." With his first defeat, Elio soon became one of very few people that Arcann respects.

Please let me know if there's anything I should change!

Last edited:
@ThAtGuY101 sounds good, I think she will remain there, not safe to jump around trees when you can't calculate distance or control your body correctly. Besides, Fishmen can't climb trees... right?
Alarich is probably going to look at Zandia like an idiot if she asks him to clime trees with her... I assume he could if he really wanted to... it would possibly look weird or awkward him trying ,but not impossible?

He might give her some disgusting food creation later on if he has to... (he probably would do that anyways...)

Thanks for the invite! (Mango contacted me on Discord)

Name: Arcann Bennett

Epithet: None

Bounty: 0

Appearance: Arcann has jet black hair roughly swept to the right with indigo streaks and icy blue eyes (brighter hue than Elio's). He has a muscular physique and stands at about 6'2. His outfit consists of a black bomber jacket over a white v-neck tee and navy jeans, paired with white lace-up sneakers. His dagger is sheathed on the right side of his waist.

Personality: Arcann only respects the strong; or at least, those stronger than him or those who can at least entertain him in combat. He tends to be very laid back and nonchalant most of the time, but when fighting, he becomes more expressive, for better or worse. When tasked with someone to assassinate or something to steal, Arcann immediately becomes more reserved and cold, executing his job in the quickest and most efficient way possible.

Affiliations: N/A

Role: Primarily Spy, secondarily Assassin

Weapons: A Wazamono dagger with a matte black finish on the blade, which is about a foot in length (The handle is about half a foot in length). The paracord on the hilt is an intertwined series of black and light blue, and the guard is made of silver with a dark grey color, creating a swirl pattern around the center of the weapon at the top of the handle. Arcann obtained the weapon through inheritance from his grandfather, who was a famed warrior in his time, held in high esteem by the monarchs of his homeland.

Backstory: Being a wandering nomad who had an extreme ambition for power and absolute strength, Arcann traveled the globe, searching for those stronger than him in combat. It wasn't long before he developed a hunger for wealth to add to his power, as the fact that he never was defeated was easy enough to earn him an infamous reputation among people everywhere. Suddenly, Arcann was contacted by a kid named Elio, who introduced himself as the captain of a ship and attempted to enlist his help on a quest to find and obtain the One Piece. Rather amused by the fact that Elio implied that Arcann would embark on a journey under the leadership of someone younger than and shorter than him, the latter accepted on one condition: that Elios had to beat him in a fight... and for the first time, Arcann lost. Visibly irritated that someone had finally defeated him and he would now be forced to actually join Elio, Arcann was surprised to see Elio--rather than waiting for him to verbally accept the request--simply leaving him with a wave and a "Well, just think about it." With his first defeat, Elio soon became one of very few people that Arcann respects.

Please let me know if there's anything I should change!
Great! Accepted

@ThAtGuY101 looks like you posted in the wrong thread
Not once but twice apparently! I posted my discussion question in the RP and my RP comment in the discussion...

I'll go ahead and post it here now...

@Hecotoro, how is Alarich going to find Zandia... I mean he is hunter so he could use some sort of tracking experience ,but Zandia being great at stealing I could imagine she's great at hiding too. How easily will he be able to spot her in the tree?

Name: Elizabeth Winthrop
Epithet: Justine, The Vanguard of Hope
Bounty: N/A
Appearance: A woman of average or slightly below average height with dark skin and dark eyes along with short, light violet hair. Her face has a noticeable red burn scar across the right side of her face, hence why she wears a one sided purple mask with a mouth cover and eye hole to mask this. Along with white tape she wears around her arms which also were covered in burn scars along her slender but well built figure that has some muscle to it; especially around the legs. She wears a light green top covered by a silver shoulder jacket with matching green outline and a pair of black pants along with some sky blue boots with black outlines.
Personality: Someone with a very black and white view of the world, with a belief that those who are good need to be protected from those who'd commit evil. And she hammers this with the belief all pirates are evil and need to be brought to justice and is determined to do what it takes to help make a difference. Has a pure view of the Marine Code of Justice in that she very much cares about protecting innocents of those who'd do harm to them but her prejudice against pirates may at times cloud her thinking. She is very headstrong and has a resolve matched by view which makes her equally stubborn but also admirable to a degree.
Affiliations: The Navy
Role: Captain
Weapons: A pair of boots that possess retractable blades along the heel that are razor sharp and crafted of strong metal. Allowing her to use them to trade blows with typical swords as she works them with a modified kickboxing style to act as a most unorthodox swordswoman. Has other standard survival items such as a compass and miniature scope to help her during day to day operations.
Devil Fruit: N/A
Home Island: Birth Island, East Blue
Backstory: The daughter of a respected noble along East Blue and heir to the Winthrop family, Elizabeth enjoyed the beauty of the open ocean and always desired to be like those great heroes of the Navy who helped to protect the seas. During her travels she met a young local who seemed distant from any family or relatives named Matt Morgan and the two struck an odd friendship; shared by their mutual love of adventure and desires to explore the sea. Her positive if not cheerful demeanor took a turn when tragedy struck, as a vile pirate crew sacked her family's cruise ship during a trip to sea and set everything ablaze. Her parents were stripped of their items, tortured and killed before Elizabeth's eyes and she was left to perish in the fire. She managed to survive, but her face and arms suffered with scars that would have left her for dead had she not drifted out to an island where a local doctor nursed her back to health. Her arms became scarred and useless for combat, but she refused to let those pirates rob her of her dream on top of everything else and adopted the name Justine as she grew a new found revenge and vowed to make all pirates pay for their crimes as she began to train with her legs eager to prove herself and one day reach the top of the Navy in spite of her condition.
Other: Is afraid of cats, but loves dogs. To an almost obsessive degree.

Last edited: