• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Second Try

The reason I went for chef instead of second mate was because him being a hunter and catching his fish in the ocean and capable of cooking it really well too. He still does a lot of fighting. (when I said thin I merely meant he wasn't big like Jinbe. I should have specified). Any advice on changing his description? maybe describing him more muscular?
Yeah that’s really your call if you want to! I thought he seemed fine though. Additionally I’ll make Elio thinner to luffy’s level. But I think with his devil fruit activated it would make sense for Elio to be stronger, but without it he could be weaker

@ThAtGuY101 maybe this could work as an inspiration
street-sharks.jpg

The reason I went for chef instead of second mate was because him being a hunter and catching his fish in the ocean and capable of cooking it really well too. He still does a lot of fighting. (when I said thin I merely meant he wasn't big like Jinbe. I should have specified). Any advice on changing his description? maybe describing him more muscular?
Well, could you get more specific about his species of fishman? I remember you saying he was more Shark/Ray, but at the same time those fish dont have scales, while Alarich does.

I went ahead and made it so that one of his parents were ray-fish(dad) ,and one of his parents were tiger shark fish-woman(mom) so he could keep both his cool tiger stripes and elbow fins. and changed his size description a little(i'm not good at describing builds...) ,but either way I cleaned it up some so the description isn't just random descriptions here and there.

I'll try editing my previous post in a few minutes. before I do how many slavers are still standing?

I went ahead and made it so that one of his parents were ray-fish(dad) ,and one of his parents were tiger shark fish-woman(mom) so he could keep both his cool tiger stripes and elbow fins. and changed his size description a little(i'm not good at describing builds...) ,but either way I cleaned it up some so the description isn't just random descriptions here and there.

I'll try editing my previous post in a few minutes. before I do how many slavers are still standing?
I don’t believe that’s how it works... fishmen just give birth to one specific kind of fish- regardless of the parents.

he's a shark ray fish-man now. He has white spots now too... I guess that's kinda cool. (not a shark ,but a form of ray fish that kinda looks like a shark?)

Even though he isn't first mate can he still be around the same power level as the devil fruit users on land? it's my understanding fish-men are stronger underwater than on land. Though I was curious if he could still go toe to toe with one and still hold his own on land too. (obviously he won't be picking a fight to prove it ,but I was curious...)

would anyone be against Alarich having the ability to speak with fish like Jimbe? or is that off the table? Im fine if it is ,but it would be neat if he could.

sorry for asking a lot of questions... and fixing my bio a lot. I'm fixing to change my RP post to him fighting a couple more slavers instead of fighting the slaver boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

he's a shark ray fish-man now. He has white spots now too... I guess that's kinda cool. (not a shark ,but a form of ray fish that kinda looks like a shark?)

Even though he isn't first mate can he still be around the same power level as the devil fruit users on land? it's my understanding fish-men are stronger underwater than on land. Though I was curious if he could still go toe to toe with one and still hold his own on land too. (obviously he won't be picking a fight to prove it ,but I was curious...)

would anyone be against Alarich having the ability to speak with fish like Jimbe? or is that off the table? Im fine if it is ,but it would be neat if he could.

sorry for asking a lot of questions... and fixing my bio a lot. I'm fixing to change my RP post to him fighting a couple more slavers instead of fighting the slaver boss.

maxresdefault.jpg
I think a shark ray would be kinda broken xD fishman gain strengths based on what they are so having two things would be kinda op. That being said, you didn’t opt for teeth or a stinger so I guess it’s fine cause he’s lacking the two main offensive threats. As far as power level, devil fruit doesn’t mean that they instantly are strong or not, Luffy and Buggy both have fruits but there’s an obvious difference in strength. Elio is strong, has a good devil fruit, and is the captain, I don’t really see Alarich being his strength level. I can’t say if he’d be a devil fruit users strength level because all devil fruit users have a different level of strength.

he does have sharp teeth ,but I could switch that to regular teeth? and possibly give him the stinger too? Since shark rays are still ray fish I doubt they have sharp teeth.

Edit: shark rays have cartilaginous skeletons) which can be seen in there spines that can be toxic (would it be acceptable for him to have maybe on his back or shoulders? Is this acceptable?)

Last edited:
he does have sharp teeth ,but I could switch that to regular teeth? and possibly give him the stinger too? Since shark rays are still ray fish I doubt they have sharp teeth.

Edit: shark rays have cartilaginous skeletons) which can be seen in there spines that can be toxic (would it be acceptable for him to have maybe on his back or shoulders? Is this acceptable?)
I mean just do what shark rays have. Anything on the animal is allowed on him

Name: Matthew "Matt" Morgan
Epithet: The Shoot Swordsman
Bounty: (We will update this later but it should be 0 for now unless included in your backstory)
Species: Human
Appearance: Is a young man with slightly below average height for his age and a muscular build though mostly kept to a somewhat slender figure. Is fair skinned with a missing tooth at the front row of his teeth and a faded scar just under his right eye; which those eyes in question are dark blue and his hair a short somewhat spiky brown. He wore a short-sleeved grey top with a midriff cut just above his abs and a pair of dark black jeans along with some matching colored boots.
Personality: Someone who can best be defined as a magnet for confrontation. He is rather bold and blunt, never shying away his language or how he feels for better or worse and tends to have a natural talent to picking fights with others. His cocky demeanor and eagerness to prove his skills probably provide fuel for that fire. He is a bit too headstrong which naturally doesn't help, but it also means he is willing to do or try just about anything to meet his own goals adding a certain boldness to it which one can either admire or find frustrating. Inside though there is a longing to be something more than what he fears he is, which is just some nobody from the streets with nothing and no one. But he'd be caught dead before he allowed that to show.
Affiliations: Bandit (Current), Pirate (Eventual)
Role: Helmsman (Though also serves as an enforcer type)
Weapons: Hardened Beads
Devil Fruit
-Name: Take-Take no Mi (Bamboo-Bamboo Fruit)
-Description: The Take-Take no Mi appears to be some sort of large pear with an evergreen color and brown horizontal stripes across it.
-Type: Paramecia
-Powers: The user is able to produce and generate bamboo to use and manipulate freely; either from his body or around him in a limited degree.
Weakness: The more bamboo that Matt produces, the more it eats and drains his stamina. And if he overextends his limits it will leave him in a drained state unable to defend himself or even more for an extended period.
How it was Acquired: When he was younger a local wanna-be pirate was bragging about his latest "haul" when he snuck aboard his boat and saw this oddly colored fruit among his rather meager supply. The man berated him and demanded he release the fruit which out of spite or some ill-advised defiance he ate it before him. He received a several beating, but on a fluke produced a shoot which stabbed into the man's side which scared him off as he soon discovered just what made that fruit so odd.
Techniques:
-Take-Take Crescent Slash (Produces a single bamboo and waits for the opponent to charge or attempt a strike, then bursts with a sudden counter strike)
-Take-Take Shot (Produces a hollow bamboo shoot and loads up his hardened beads into it that he fires as a projectile shot towards the opponent)
-Take-Take Surprise (Slams palms into the ground as two bamboo shoots launch from the ground to strike and stab at the opponent from underneath)
-Take-Take Takedown (Produces twin sharpened bamboo shoots that act as his "duel blade" as he charges forward and delivers a quick twin slash charge)
-Take-Take Windmill Strike (Produces an elongated duel tipped bamboo shoot he spins 360 degrees around him to bash or cut at whatever may be around his immediate area)
Home Island: Birth Island, East Blue
Backstory: Growing up abandoned as a child, he moved from local orphanage to the streets as he struggled to survive and quickly knew he had nobody he could count on beyond himself. He heard tales of great pirates who struck fortune and immortalized their names forever and desired to follow in their footsteps. One day however he met a young girl from a noble family named Elizabeth Winthrop who causes a spark of an odd friendship between the two as their shared desire for adventure brings them together. That is, till one day she just...vanished, without a trace as the one person Matt ever felt any bond with was gone leaving a hole in his heart he aimed to try and bury. He would spend the next years training, becoming a local bandit to get by as he aimed to build capital and fame for himself with dreams to one day sail the seven seas and make his own legend among them. All the while he tussles with local authority ending up with plenty of scuffles, fights, victories, beatings and time in and out of a cell along the way.

Last edited:
Name: Matthew "Matt" Morgan
Epithet: The Shoot Swordsman
Bounty: (We will update this later but it should be 0 for now unless included in your backstory)
Species: Human
Appearance: Is a young man with slightly below average height for his age and a muscular build though mostly kept to a somewhat slender figure. Is fair skinned with a missing tooth at the front row of his teeth and a faded scar just under his right eye; which those eyes in question are dark blue and his hair a short somewhat spiky brown. He wore a short-sleeved grey top with a midriff cut just above his abs and a pair of dark black jeans along with some matching colored boots.
Personality: Someone who can best be defined as a magnet for confrontation. He is rather bold and blunt, never shying away his language or how he feels for better or worse and tends to have a natural talent to picking fights with others. His cocky demeanor and eagerness to prove his skills probably provide fuel for that fire. He is a bit too headstrong which naturally doesn't help, but it also means he is willing to do or try just about anything to meet his own goals adding a certain boldness to it which one can either admire or find frustrating. Inside though there is a longing to be something more than what he fears he is, which is just some nobody from the streets with nothing and no one. But he'd be caught dead before he allowed that to show.
Affiliations: Bandit (Current), Pirate (Eventual)
Role: Helmsman (Though also serves as an enforcer type)
Weapons: Hardened Beads
Devil Fruit
-Name: Take-Take no Mi (Bamboo-Bamboot Fruit)
-Description: The Take-Take no Mi appears to be some sort of large pear with an evergreen color and brown horizontal stripes across it.
-Type: Paramecia
-Powers: The user is able to produce and generate bamboo to use and manipulate freely; either from his body or around him in a limited degree.
Weakness: The more bamboo that Matt produces, the more it eats and drains his stamina. And if he overextends his limits it will leave him in a drained state unable to defend himself or even more for an extended period.
How it was Acquired: When he was younger a local wanna-be pirate was bragging about his latest "haul" when he snuck aboard his boat and saw this oddly colored fruit among his rather meager supply. The man berated him and demanded he release the fruit which out of spite or some ill-advised defiance he ate it before him. He received a several beating, but on a fluke produced a shoot which stabbed into the man's side which scared him off as he soon discovered just what made that fruit so odd.
Techniques:
-Take-Take Crescent Slash (Produces a single bamboo and waits for the opponent to charge or attempt a strike, then bursts with a sudden counter strike)
-Take-Take Shot (Produces a hollow bamboo shoot and loads up his hardened beads into it that he fires as a projectile shot towards the opponent)
-Take-Take Surprise (Slams palms into the ground as two bamboo shoots launch from the ground to strike and stab at the opponent from underneath)
-Take-Take Takedown (Produces twin sharpened bamboo shoots that act as his "duel blade" as he charges forward and delivers a quick twin slash charge)
-Take-Take Windmill Strike (Produces an elongated duel tipped bamboo shoot he spins 360 degrees around him to bash or cut at whatever may be around his immediate area)
Home Island: Birth Island, East Blue
Backstory: Growing up abandoned as a child, he moved from local orphanage to the streets as he struggled to survive and quickly knew he had nobody he could count on beyond himself. He heard tales of great pirates who struck fortune and immortalized their names forever and desired to follow in their footsteps. One day however he met a young girl from a noble family named Elizabeth Winthrop who causes a spark of an odd friendship between the two as their shared desire for adventure brings them together. That is, till one day she just...vanished, without a trace as the one person Matt ever felt any bond with was gone leaving a hole in his heart he aimed to try and bury. He would spend the next years training, becoming a local bandit to get by as he aimed to build capital and fame for himself with dreams to one day sail the seven seas and make his own legend among them. All the while he tussles with local authority ending up with plenty of scuffles, fights, victories, beatings and time in and out of a cell along the way.
I really like him, super cool devils fruit and applications! Accepted!

*Sudden Demon Slayer AU Flashbacks*

Yea...terrible idea.
We can try the Dick-Dick Fruit instead. He’ll be the most powerful character in the series and the meaning behind the D. Because Monkey-Dick Luffy and Gol Dick Roger are too soft.​
I am one lazy boy- let me tell you. I didn't do the appearance yet, because- like I said- I'm a lazy boy.
Careful with the identifiers, Rule 29.

So I’m supposed to bring the ship the crew will call their first vessel, but I’m bad at designing so if anyone is willing to give me ideas I’d appreciate it.
How about a big raft made of three sealed off giant PVC pipes, with irrigation water wheels on the side for speed booster in addition to the regular sail? The cabins will be built inside the middle pipe. So it's more like blackbeard's first ship rather than luffy's.