• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Rp

Zandia looked surprised and embarrassed. "Aw man I insulted the captain?! Me and my big mouth." She turned to Alarich. "Look I'm great with maps and directions. Also, I can defend myself pretty good. I mean, I survived in this awful place on my own, that's gotta be worth something, right? Oh and I have a bounty on my head! Come on fishman! I'll be useful, I pro-mise!" Zandia held her hands together and looked up at Alarich with big, teary eyes.

Alarich was just about to tell Elio his approval ,but before he could speak he heard Zandia speak up ,and as she got teary eyes Alarich has a silly idea. "Tell you what... I'll vouch for you on one condition... If you can pour sand in someone's pocket without getting caught your in... and they can't be my pockets..." Alarich whispered to Zandia. He then immediately afterwards got in the ship and walked over to Elio, "Its not like we have any experts ready to lend a hand at a moments notice... Besides! she said she was good with maps! sounds good to me!" Alarich said calmly. Alarich didn't really have a clue what he was looking for in a navigator a,but then again he didn't even know how to be a pirate either. Alarich chuckled to himself as he watched to see what would happen next.

Last edited:
Now I'm kinda pissed that this guy's stronger than me; his naivete is really starting to get a little annoying. As colorful fireworks shot into the air as an alarm to whoever's ship was stolen by Elio, Arcann sighed before boarding the vessel as well and turning back to shore, ready for whatever would be approaching soon. Sure enough, enraged shouts filled the air not too long a distance away, and Arcann unsheathed his black dagger, twirling it as he got into a battle stance, simply waiting.

Zandia sighed and placed her hands on her feet. "Really?" She said as Alarich walked away. What a weird request. Then again, he didn't really say how she had to do it. A big smile spread on Zandia's lips as she got an idea.
The monkey girl immediately began to work. She grabbed a big hand full of sand and walked quietly with it. She had the expression of a troublemaker about to do a prank. She walked quickly on her toes as she went towards one of the slavers, that seemed to still be knocked out. She poured some sand into his pocket and even some in his head, making a small bundle. She then grabbed a twig, stuck a leaf on it and placed it on top, resembling a flag. She snickered, stood up and dusted her hands clean.
She skipped quickly back to Alarich, near the boat. "Well? I did what you asked me to!"

"congratulations! your a pirate now! Alarich said calmly. Alarich was surprised she actually did it. He looked outside at the other pirates ,and wondered which one had sand in their pockets ,but he wasn't interested enough to actually find out. Alarich began looking around to see if he could find any beds or cooking area. Alarich wanted to have plans set early for dinner. He looked around carefully to see if there were any food inside the ship as he might find some ingredients to help with his cooking.

"Really?!" Zandia shouted. "Thank you!" She jumped up on the boat and shook Elio's hand. "Thank you for the opportunity to join you captain! I promise to work hard!" She ran around the boat, jumping and swinging from places looking at everything. Her pupils were wide with excitement as she acknowledged every part of the ship. Once she got a good look she climbed up the highest spot and looked down at the rest of the crew. "So, where and when do I work?"
She sniffed the air of the island one more time. Maybe she could find her father or maybe not. But the fact that she was leaving was good enough. Sure, the captain wasn't the handsome Fabio or Jack, but he wasn't bad looking either. She could get used to it. Plus, there seemed to be many interesting characters to interact with.

'This metal pile of junk?'

Harphina crossed her arms, none too impressed with Elio's taste in naval vessels. The hull was an assortment of metal slabs held together by nuts and bolts where welding acted as an effective but unappealing substitute for waterproofing. The fact that the whole thing stayed afloat was a miracle of workmanship, but the vessel did seem to be on its last legs. As Harphina strode aboard she took notice of an indent on the deck, from a cannonball, perhaps. Aside from that, the ship's mast seemed held together by an additional iron pole that wrapped around it. Chances were the next storm that came along would rip the sails right off the mast, along with whichever misfortuned sap had the pleasure of manning the lookout.

Now, Harphina could have been said unlucky sap. Her peculiar biology meant she didn't need to sleep —more correctly, she could sleep with only half of her brain, keeping the other half awake and alert. She was perhaps the only person in their crew who could maintain awareness 24/7. However, contributing her all to her new 'comrades' was the furthest thing from the Seal-mink's mind. In fact—

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Ya'll have fun on this...thing, you can count me out. I'll take my chances in the water. Try not to capsize, I can't guarantee I'll save you~"

As Elio, bumbled his way into almost exploding a hole into the already decrepit vessel, Harphina took a step towards the railing. Stepping up to the rails, she turned and gave her comrades a humorous salute.

"Hoist the Sails, and raise the anchor. Set sail for Davey Jones Locker!"

With that, she dived over the edge, leaving behind only a spray of water.

Alarich saw Zandia moving about the ship all over the place. When the mink called the ship a pile of junk Alarich snickered to himself ,"Right... because a circus is a great place to look for fancy boats..." Alarich thought to himself. He then began looking into the ocean to find fish ,and as he looked back at the crew he began thinking of how much food he would need to get to feed them all. Alarich started counting heads, "does anyone see a net on this ship anywhere?" Alarich asked as he knew a net would make fishing much easier so he wouldn't have to jump back on the boat every time he caught fish.

Morgan followed the self-professed captain as he clarified that he lacked a ship but he desired to find one, which itself had been a red flag and may have had been grounds to leave had it not been for the off chance that he happened to find a ship docked at shore as he claimed it as his own.

The ship seemed modest enough, in fact pretty good as far as Morgan had been concerned. It certainlly beat the life boat he used to get on this island so he lacked the feeling one of the entertainers mused about as far as jumping off and swimming for land. Though between the way he just happened to find this ship off dumb luck and the way certain members of the crew reacted to him Morgan really began to wonder just how much command he had over people who were "supposed" to be his crew.

Something further supported Elio bumbled about and stumbled onto the ship itself.

With a sigh Morgan rested against the railing of the ship as he considered the offer, as he wondered if Elio really had the "it" factor needed to be a captain and questioned his style but on the other hand he needed a way off this island and this seemed his best bet given he lacked the ability to swim himself with his Devil Fruit attributes. So he'd have to suck it up and hope both that nothing weird happened going forward and maybe this guy showed some reason why he should join this rag tag bunch along the way.

Last edited:
While rummaging around the island, the woman found a few items of interest. Her findings included a metal pipe, some rope, a small sheet of steel, some iron and wood scrap from a barrel and a glass beaker in perfect condition. “I’m surprised to find something like this here. Why would anyone just throw this away?” She said to herself as she examined the beaker.

While focusing on her loots, a sudden explosion appeared near the shores causing the woman to turn. “Huh, someone or something seems to have triggered my makeshift alarm, wonder what it is.” She thought as she made her way towards the shores with a jog.

“Ummm alright. Just lead us to the nearest island.” Elio furrowed his brow as he responded to the strange monkey girl, still not entirely sure what he thought of her. Turning around, he sighed as he saw Harphina just simply jump off the ship.
“Alarich. Go get her, we’re leaving.” Elio barked in his most captain like voice.
“Arcann, come help me with the sail. Morgan, I’m sure you know how to steer.” He jumped up to the top of the mast and began unfurling the main sail. At his height the ocean breeze carried in a new and fresh smell- the scent of something new. Elio’s deep blue eyes looked back towards the wasteland with a new look of determination, finally fitting of a captain. You took two years of my life, I’m about to get them back!

Last edited:
Funny, I didn't agree to join your crew yet. But if it gets me off this island faster who am I to say no?

Morgan listened as Elio seemed to enter his command mode and began to direct the crew with orders as he worked to get the ship sailing and before long Morgan made his way to the steering wheel of the ship and had it ready as he'd wait for the sail to lift and everyone else to move into position. Finally he'd be back on solid ground soon enough and get a chance to resupply which in turn would allow him to decide what he'd do next going forward.

"Yeah yeah..." Said Alarich as he walked over to the edge of the boat. He then dove into the ocean ,and began looking around when he spotted the mink girl. Alarich paused for a moment, "Wait a minute... since when did I become a delivery boy..." Alarich bewildered thought to himself. Alarich wasn't sure how the circus girl was going to act ,but he figured he might as well say something. "Yeah... I'm guessing you already heard Elio speak... time to get back on the ship" Alarich said. Alarich then looked torwards the ocean ,and wondered where the ship would take them.

"Ummm...well...how about...no?"

Harphina drifted along the surface of the water, laying on her back and lazily kicking her legs to propel her along. She'd responded to Alrich with a tone that belied her distraction. Her attention was far more focused on the small hula-hoop she was balancing along on the tip of her snout. She seemed to make sport of it, tossing the hoop through the air and then catching it in her jaws before deftly flipping it back to its perch on her nose.

Alarich looked over, "Ah... I see... the fighting must have taken a lot out of you... I understand. You stay here as long as you want. Nobodies going to judge you for being tired..." Alarich said calmly as he held back his chuckles. Alarich sat in the water a few more seconds sticking his head under the water. As he too enjoyed the feel of the ocean ,but he then decided to get back onto the boat.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Everyone was leaving him in his spot while they left to jump on what seemed to be a boat. Wait, a boat? SHOOT IT'S TIME TO STOP ACTING LIKE AN ANIMAL AND JUMP ON THAT JOINT! It's been a while since Ging had to actually get serious but when he does his normal human interactions kick in. He begins to use the maximum potential his brain could work at which meant everything he saw up until this point was kept in a memory bank saved for this moment.

Standing on two feet he made a run for his life to get off this island, this horrific, trash, island. As soon as he started running on his own two feet he had a rumble tumble, falling every few steps, but that didn't stop him. He needed to be on that boat. On his way to the boat he saw the fishman and human/animal hybrid talking.

"Yeah... I'm guessing you already heard Elio speak... time to get back on the ship" The fishman said.

"Ummm...well...how about...no?"
The animal/human hybrid said.

Ging wasn't going to stop just for what seemed to be a female animal looking thing or what he concluded from looking at the very huge coconuts on her chest. Though he wasn't going to stop, he was still going to give his input. "Ya know if you stay here, your probably never going to get off this island," He said as he almost fell again. "I've been here ever since I was alas a we little boy, I think I've been here years, maybe hours. Over the course of time I've experienced body changing (puberty) probably due to this island." This time he came to a halt just to look at her one last time.

"All I'm saying is that you don't wanna get stuck here like I did, also I think your boyfriend might miss you if you stay." With the last sentence he took off for the boat.

Last edited:
As Ging started talking Alarich was confused as what the boy was talking about ,and was completely surprised that the boy could actually talk. What's more was the fact that it was standing on two legs now. Alarich overheard the boy talk about the mink's "boyfriend", "hwa hya hya hya! Your a smart boy Ging!" Alarich said laughing.

Last edited:
"Boyfriend?"

Scoff. The nerve of some people. This kind of stuff is exactly why she was in the water, instead of on the boat. Harphina gave the water a firm slap, sending water splashing in Ging and Alrich's direction. Her lips curled back, exposing her dagger-like teeth as she chittered them. This was a firm and instinctive display of aggression, both a challenge and a scare-tactic.

She recalled that Elio and his first mate had decided their ranks through a fight. Would the crew's hierarchy be decided by strength?

"Stop spouting nonsense! There's no way I'd ever get stuck here, unlike our Captain, I can actually swim. This old hunk of junk ship couldn't keep up with me anyway."

Last edited:
Alarich managed to hold back his laughter as the mink made her angry faces ,but didn't think much of it as many fish-men had sharp teeth so this wasn't new for him. "Yeah okay. You made your point... I'll just be over here waiting till you calm down. Getting all angry and stressed like that causes wrinkles and gray hair" Alarich said with a serious tone ,but deep down he was definitely joking around. Alarich looked back over at the boat and slapped the side, "Hwa hya! No argument there... I bet this ship doesn't even have a decent supply of rations(Alarich scoffed) ,but it should be able to carry you no problem..." Alarich remarked as he began scanning the sea for decent sized fish.

Zandia grinned. "Yes my captain!" She saluted him and then got to work. She reached into a pocket of hers, which looked deep since her hand and forearm went it. She pulled out a large rolled up paper. She then sat down and spread it open, there was drawings and lines in different colors all over the place. To her, it was a very detailed map, to others, a little kid went crazy with crayons. She then pointed at an odd shape. "Here! We head south east to this island and we should be there soon. It has some cities, maybe we could get an actual boat." She smiled and then looked up. "Just turn the boat 34° degrees to the left and we're off! Just don't crash into the island!" She giggled.

They’ll catch up. Elio shrugged to himself as he jumped down from the mast and watched the large white sail bend as it caught wind and pull them out to the vast sea.

With his entertainer overboard, Elio figured he’d have to find a different way to keep himself occupied until they arrived at their southeastern destination. A devilish grin crossed his face before casually trotting up to Arcann and Morgan begins the wheel.
“You both seem pretty strong, I’m glad to have you on my team.” He complimented both of them. “But I cant help but wonder which of you two is stronger.”

JPSomeone

The sail was catching wind, his only chance of leaving the island was leaving him. Fear was finally starting to kick in, thus only making him run even faster. With each step water splashed everywhere but with each step he was getting deeper into the water. He was running out of options, he had to make a decision fast.

I don't wanna stay, I need to be on that boat. Please someone from the above save me from this hell. Please gimme the strength to carry on with what I'm about to do.

Ging took a few more giant steps on the water before to trying to jump to the boat. "Fishman! If anything I wanna thank you for the magnificent food before you leave! It was greatest I had in my life!" He called out to the fishman.

I guess... I won't make it.

Alarich chuckled as the boy went further into the water for seemingly no reason. Seeing as how the boy wasn't swimming so well Alarich swam over grabbing the boy by his shirt holding his head above water so not to drown him. As he then dunked the boy down hoping the sea water would mask some of his smell before tossing him aboard the ship, "That was more fun than I thought it would be..." Alarich said cheerfully.

Arcann had simply nodded in compliance before assisting Elio with the sail, and once the task was done, he leaned against the mast of the boat and watched as everyone else got to work. Suddenly, he looked up upon Elio addressing him and the other guy known as Morgan, and he raised a brow when the former implied a contest of strength between Arcann and Morgan. Arcann shrugged, an indifferent look on his face, though he rested a hand on the pommel of his dagger, and he turned to glance at Morgan. "I don't mind; if you're down, I can give you a good fight."

JPSomeone

A greater force pushed him deeper into his demise. It was like his life was ending as the air in his lungs were being pressured to leave him. Yet this outer worldly force brought him onto something solid, probably not land, but it was solid. If I'm not on land and I'm not in water, this could only mean one thing... I'm on the boat. Then there was a sudden burst of laughter from Ging. "YES! HAHA, THANK THE HEAVENS!"

Zandia sat there watching each member of the crew. She realized she had just jumped on a boat with a bunch of strangers, which out loud doesn't sound that good. She gave every single one a good look, rarely blinking. This was nothing how she imagined a pirate ship to look like. The captain didn't have a hook for a hand, the cook looked like the food he cooked and she didn't even know the others. As she looked at everyone, her stomach grumbled, but she was too shy to say anything. Finally, her eyes settled on Ging.
"Hey! Dogman! What are you doing here?" She pouted. "This is a pirate ship! Are you a pirate?"

JPSomeone

Something must of hit Ging's head or the water is getting to him, Ging never spoke in full sentences for this long. Maybe the island was affecting his brain but nonetheless he was leaving it. As he layed there where the fishman dropped him, he heard someone address him as if he were an animal. He had to turn his head to see who he was responding to but as soon he saw her he knew he was about to flame her but not today. "First of all I'm not a dog if anyone is the animal here it's you, second of all I'm trying to leave the island. What else would I do?" He said. Though she did say something about being a pirate he didn't hear it all, so he did the most respectable thing to do. "Yeah gurl, I am a pirate but enough about me, what are you doing here?"

Elio’s ears perked up upon hearing the words spoken by the strange man. A pirate? For real? Him? None of it made any sense to the captain. Quickly he abandoned his front row seats to the fight that was sure to break out between Arcann and Morgan.

“So you say you’re a pirate.” Elio had a slight smile as he pointed the end of his oar at the intruder.
“Prove it and you can join our crew, otherwise I’m throwing you overboard. See that girl over there?” He asked, still grinning but now pointing his oar in the direction of Harphina. “If you can catch her you can join us.”

Elio did well to conceal his internal joy at the comedic scene that was sure to unfold. He could not think of anything more entertaining than this homeless man child attempting to capture the egotistical mink.

As Elio pointed at poor Harphina, "Bwa hya hya hya hya hya! Sounds like things are starting to get fun!" Said Alarich ,but before he could join in the fun he spotted a large fish swim by. Alarich dived down in chase. As he followed the fish he quickly managed to catch it ,and kill it quickly. While still holding he shot up out of the water landing on the boat with the fish still in his hands. Alarich looked towards the ocean to see if the boy was going to attempt to catch her.

"Quite the flattery you have there, though are you trying to get me to join your crew or ask me for a date?" Morgan asked with a sly grin as he considered his little question of who among Elio's presumed two "strongest" would-be crewmen as naturally Morgan had confidence against anyone in this sea but he knew little of this Arcann guy.

However, as he sized up Arcann while he steered the ship, as some intruder cam aboard and seemed to be tasked with getting the entertainer back on the ship. He then quickly came back and seemed to take the figurative front row seat for something as Morgan rolled his eyes.

"Trying to bait me into something?" Morgan asked as he turned back to Arcann.

JPSomeone

"I mean with all that charm you tried to lay on her, no wonder she isn't on the ship but if you insist." He said. Ging didn't have a plan nor something to start off from, he had to start from scratch. Plus with the tone of voice he heard from the guy who addressed him, he was probably the captain and he surely wasn't messing around.

Ging got up from his spot on the floor and began to walk around in circles. If I catch her in a aggressive way I'm no better than the slavers. If I go down and talk to her they'll think I'm a wimp and throw me off. If I just do nothing, welp I may well jump off myself. Think Ging, Think! Nothing was coming to mind once all those thoughts formulated. The only thing left to do was play the ideas in a certain order. Starting with the talk.

He walked over to the end of the hull then began to climb down. He had to climb down just enough to talk to her but also hear her, though he didn't want to touch the water. His head was the first thing to go down which meant he had to rely on his legs to keep him from falling into the ocean. "So um... Hey how's it going? Mind jumping on this very extravagant ship for me?"

Last edited:
Upon hearing the question from Morgan he assumed was directed toward him, Arcann looked up at the other crewmate, a look of confusion on his face. "Me? I don't know; Elio just wanted us to fight, so I'm ready when you are. Though," He added, gesturing to the captain, who had already been gone to talk with someone else. "He seems to be occupied. Quite an odd kid, that one. His mind's always going from place to place every ten seconds. But, he's strong, and though I don't want to admit it, he's stronger than me." After his little monotonous tangent, Arcann turned back to glance at Morgan. "Do you wanna fight? I will if you're down, so it's up to you."

Morgan listened as it seemed that Arcann was eager to accept this little battle that they seemed goated into, with his hands on the wheel his expression betrayed neither disinterest or content until a sly smirk crossed his lips.

"Well, if you want an early thrashing I would never object to giving one. But only if you can answer one key question..." Morgan clarified, as his tone almost seemed a bit ominous behind it as he held a pause for what felt like an extended period but only had been a few key moments. Then he spoke once more.

"...if I fight you, who steers the ship?" Morgan asked with a dry deadpan.

Matching Morgan's deadpan stare with an indifferent shrug of his own, Arcann folded his arms over his chest as he answered monotonously. "I mean, Elio better; he probably has more steering experience than anyone else besides us, and he's the frickin' captain. I'd be surprised if he didn't take over for other responsibilities while we're doing what he wanted us to do." With that, he brandished his black dagger, twirling it a few times before pointing the blade at Morgan, a challenging glint in his eye. "Give me an early thrashing, you said? Let's see if you can follow through with that, hm?"

As Arcann gave his answer, Morgan passed one look over to the self appointed captain, then one look back to Arcann before he shrugged as he faced Elio once more while he kept his hands to the wheel.

"If you want to do this little test of yours, you have to take the wheel. I ain't gonna beat down anyone while we circle the sea or crash into something." Morgan said as he made his condition clear to Elio as really he had been eager for a fight since he wound up on that wasteland so this little "who is better than who" test Elio was interested in had been the perfect excuse to warm up a little.

"This crew just gets better and better... We got the crazy monkey girl, the "optimistic" captain, I think a mink?, the stinky boy ,and these two knuckleheads over here... I'm not sure if they wanna tear each other up or measure penis sizes... and lastly you have the talented gifted chef... Life sure works in strange ways" Alarich thought to himself. As things continued Alarich began sizing up his fish he caught ,and deciding how he was going to cook it. Ultimately he decided he would take it to the lower deck just in case an actual fight broke out.

“Hahaha.” Elio laughed, delighted that his small remark had spurred what was sure to be an entertaining event.
“You got it, just don’t break the ship. We’ve only just got it.” He chirped and jumped up behind the wheel. Genuinely, he wondered who would win. Arcann was no easy victory and seemed to have years of experience in his fighting style, while Morgan didn’t appear to have any form of fighting outside of his devil fruit.

What will win, mastery in combat or the brute power of a devil fruit? A grin crossed Elio’s face as he entertained the thought.

'Well...'

This was certainly a new approach. Eyebrow cocked back skeptically, Harphina trained her eyes on the raggedy boy who'd decided to hang out. Her nose twitched catching a whiff of the air, she smelled conspiracy —it was awfully sweaty and pungent, kind of like wet dog. The mink snorted, ridding her nostrils of the scent. She remained contemplative for a moment longer but...

"Since you asked nicely...I guess I could. Though it kinda stinks up there, like it really stinks. Between you, monkey girl, and all those sweaty men, something mean and nasty's been brewing in the air. I'll come up, but I won't stay up if the lot of you don't take a dip!"

Harphina snorted again, a bit more forcefully this time, sending a spray of water splashing in Ging's direction. It was as much a playful splash as it was preparation, her lungs soon filling with air as she disappeared beneath the surf. The endless crests of water didn't stay unbroken, however, as a moment later, Harphina broke through the waves, launching herself onto the ship, where her claws dug into the wood and railing. She flipped over the railing and back on deck, just in time to see what appeared to be an old fashion throwdown.

"So we are fighting for standing after all..."

Well, with that matter settled Morgan released his hold on the wheel and stepped back to allow Elio into the literal driver's seat as he moved down to the main deck and rolled his shoulders to get them nice and loose. He seemed quite sure of himself, and as he had gotten himself ready it seemed that the curious entertain finally decided to "grace" the crew with her presence as he passed her a sly smirk.

"So, finally finished you little bath?" Morgan said before he glanced ahead and made a "come here" motion with his finger that had made with his index finger.

"Well, come on, I don't have all day. I am curious what you can do and eager to show what I can do~" Morgan said as his confidence reflected well in his tone as he seemed ready to go.

"It was quite lovely, the water's warm and sparkling blue, would you like to go for a dip?"

Her words came out in a slow, tempered hiss. Although her swim had been rather cathartic, Harphina found herself at odds with yet another one of those devil fruit users. She'd found they had many things in common outside of their shared weaknesses, for example, they all had faces that deserved to be beaten. The nerve of that lot!