• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One For Me And You

Does this peek your interest?

• Sounds Interesting

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I'll bite

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Not my flavor of Vanillite

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Story: (You can skip to the summary if you don't want to read two paragraphs)

When a world is in distress, there is always a bright light ahead of us all. In the city of Larimar, life is normal for some without a partner Pokemon with them. The excitement of battles, the bonds of friendship, and the meaning of love all fade from the city as the future moves on without a bond with Pokemon. Some people are looking for a change in life to make everyone look for these elements they are missing in the world. This is what the One For Us group is trying to accomplish.

The One For Us group is a group of people looking to spark a flame in people in Larimar City for Pokemon once again. Where others don't see the point in battles, friends or love, this group does. Their goal is to show the city and the world what it means to be a Pokemon Trainer in the Pokemon World. The group does things from public Pokemon contests, battles, showcases, and much more.

Summary:

In "One For Me And You," Larimar City holds a group of people known as One For Us. Their goal is to connect people to people and Pokemon. Ever since the city has focused more on things like the economy, they have fallen further away from a bond with Pokemon, making life stressful and dull. As this Roleplay goes on, the people of Larimar will change how they see Pokemon based on the group's actions. The group is very small, like a school club, so their efforts are usually seen as small and for fun. You can either join the group or choose a separate role for the story to either help or harm the group to change the story for better or for worse.

Conflict:

There is not much of a conflict, but it's more of you against the world kinda thing. The group will come together to try to come up with ideas to bring people closer to Pokemon and others, but not every time will be perfect. Something may go wrong for some of their plans depending on what happens during an event they do.

Rules: (If a rule is broken, no worries! I'll help you fix it together and continue on with our stuff.)

1. Have fun, and keep an open mind for other ideas.
2. Do not argue, if there is an argument of any kind, make sure to keep all minds open and communicate.
3. Follow Pokecharms rules to a T.
4. Fights in RP are allowed.
5. Romance is allowed.
6. Properly communicate with everyone during RP in this chat.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Role:
Backstory:
Other:

Pokemon: (Only 1, more can be requested in time)
Name:
Appearance:
Other:

My Character:

Name: Toshi Kora (Tora)
Personality: Relaxed, Hopeful, Spirited.
Appearance: He is 5'9 with messy black hair. He usually wears a white sleeveless sweatshirt and black sweats. He carries a small bag that holds his tools and other travel belongings. He also has a belt for Poke Balls.
Role: Owner of "One For Us"
Backstory: Toshi left his home a few months before the story. His life wasn't horrible, but he couldn't take life as it was and wanted to move to a city for excitement. He was met with a city that didn't care for Pokemon, and he wanted to make a change in that. He started to perform acts around the city with his Buizel and even sometimes looked to battle the rare Pokemon Trainers that came by. He wasn't very successful but continued to eventually found the One For Us group.
Other: N/A

Pokemon: Buizel
Name: Buizel
Personality: Relaxed, Spirited, Cautious.
Appearance: Wears a blue bow atop her head.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Name: Loki Primus
Personality: Loki has low self esteem, tending to stick to routine rather than difference. He has a very negative attitude normally, though with Pokémon, his personality shifts completely. Merely just seeing one of those creatures makes him feel confident and supported, diving headfirst into action if he has one on his side.
Appearance: Loki is of average height, with an overall general physique. He has jet black hair and green eyes as well. He wears a snowflake embroidered chullo and a nice winter scarf, both with a black, grey, and white colors. He wears a winter coat, with grey and white patterns on it. Underneath that he wears a plain grey short-sleeved shirt. Loki wears denim jeans and grey sneakers.
Role: Member of “One for Us”
Backstory: Loki grew up near the outskirts of Larimar City, where he grew up in a middle class family who never even thought of getting a Pokémon to ruin their lives. However, Loki was always fascinated about Pokémon, his childhood was him obsessing over them. So one day, Loki ‘captured’ a Natu and brought it home. His parents were outraged, and they keep on scolding him for capturing the Pokémon from the wild still to this day.

Pokemon:
Xatu
Name: Quetzal
Personality: Calm, observant, quiet, obedient.
Appearance: Nothing short of your average Xatu.
Other: He isn’t kept in a PokeBall, he just follows Loki around.

Name: Darcie Simenera
Personality: When asked to describe Darcie... you get a little stuck. Sometimes (most of the time) she can be really irritated and impatient. She gets really mad if a friend, or anyone really, makes a grave mistake, and teases the person if they make a little mistake. But, she's actually... not a demon from the underworld. She still cares deeply for her friends, even though she doesn't show it as often. And with Pokémon, she's very protective of them, especially little and cute ones.
Appearance: Darcie is a short girl with a slim build, which a lot of boys tease her about, until she beats them up. She has pink lace hair which is held up in two buns with beige bows and hazel eyes.
She wears a white turtle neck sweater, outside the collar poking out a black choker with an oval blue gem. As bottoms, she wears blue jeans and she has light grey sneakers.
Role: Member of "One For Us"
Backstory: Darcie lives with her parents around the center of Larimar City, with her parents. As a child, she has always loved Pokémon and forced her parents to show her pictures of them or else she would have a made a scene in public. And it actually worked. Around the age of six, her family visited Darcie's grandparents, who were breeders. Her parents were so annoyed that they had to listen to Pokémon cries all day long. When they had to go home, Darcie's grandma gifted her an egg. Her parents didn't want a Pokémon running around their house, but her grandma threatened them to take away their house... Guess Darcie resembles her grandma. A little while later, the egg hatched into a Swirlix, and Darcie was super extatic about getting her first Pokémon. Her parents weren't very stoked at first, but after Darcie got into baking because she wanted to make something sweet like her Pokémon, they started to keep their complaints to themselves and enjoy her pies and cupcakes.
Other: She is an excellent baker and chef.

Pokemon: Slurpuff
Name: Slurpuff
Personality: Very sweet (Get it?), patient and outgoing
Appearance: Wears a tiny beret on the red sphere on her head.
Other: Often calms down Darcie by gently slapping her.

Also, I have a question. At the start of the RP, will the group already be in One For Us, or will they meet for the first time?

Last edited:
@XanthousXatu you are accepted!

@Tudor21G you are accepted! Very nice background, and also you read my mind, I'll explain your question below.

At the beginning of the RP, Toshi will only have just started the group, so the beginning of the story will mainly be meeting the people who want to join the group and then moving out from there. In the future, if other people join late in the story, they will most likely go through the same thing. Thanks for asking ^-^

Name: Levi Lionheart
Personality: Kind of aloof, smart and quiet but once you get to know him he is kind and a bit of a sass master
Appearance: Black messy hair, light-skinned, not exactly skinny but only jogs every now and then, wears glasses, 5' 9", usually wears a gray hoodie (unzipped) with a white t-shirt underneath that says "Remix" in a spray paint style text. Has jeans on and black sneakers
Role: Member of "One of Us"
Backstory: His parents died in a car crash in a snowy mountain when he was about 6. He was lost then and he fell unconscious. He would have frozen to death but some friendly Piloswine and Snom found him. He was warmed back up by them and he even made friends with one Snom in particular. The pokemon lead him off the mountain forest and he was taken in by an orphanage until he was taken in by his grandparents until he was 14 and he joined the "One of Us". As of right now, he lives in an apartment paid for by his aunts and uncles
Other: He is currently studying to be a pokemon doctor, Also he's a big video game fan

Pokemon: Snom
Name: Yumi
Personality: Laid Back and sleeps a lot. She often latches onto Aaron's shoulder
Appearance: Regular Snom but has a little ribbon tied around her "neck"
Other:

This RP looks cool, can I join?

Last edited:
@Crystal1302 everything looks great, although one question I have is with the timeline. Does he join "One For Us" right after he leaves his grandparents at the age of 14 or later? We are all planning on really starting the group at the beginning of the story which is why I ask, sorry. :D

Eh, I'll have a go with this, hopefully the choice of Pokemon is alright.

Name:
Alexander "Alex" Williams
Personality: Alex mainly comes off as a laid back and carefree individual, he still comes off as friendly as long as people are friendly to him... if they don't mind him getting a bit sassy or sarcastic from time to time. He loves Pokemon with all his heart as well as battles, seeing them as an incredible thrill that he can't get enough of.
Appearance: Standing at 5'6" with smooth and short dark Brown hair, skin between Pale and Fair and Olive colored eyes, his physical frame is decent with no signs of either fat or muscle. His attire consists of a Black shirt with a Houndoom design on it, Gray baggy jeans and Black sneakers, above this he wears a knee long Red jacket with thick White fur linings along the bottom, sleeves and hood.
Backstory: Born between a father working his way up the corporate ladder and a mother who works a lot at home, that latter did her best to make time to spend with Alex and gifted him a Rookidee for his 5th birthday. Alex' life hasn't been the most exciting one at times, usually playing at parks or arcades or playing with his Rookidee which evolved sometime after his 7th birthday. When he was 8, he met a girl who seemed to have several things in common with Alex and the two entered a promising friendship, the girl even telling Alex about Pokemon battles which Alex immediately caught interest in. Sadly, the girl's family were travelers and only stayed in Larimar City for a month before the girl was force to leave Alex. Ever since then, Alex learned about everything needed to be a Pokemon trainer and looked for every opportunity to battle others... as rare as that was. Sometime after his 14th birthday, his Corvisquire evolved into Corviknight and his parents briefly suggested he become a Corviknight cab driver, much to his annoyance...
Other: He wants to be a trainer so he can hopefully meet that girl he met way back then. The most likely place people would find him is the park or arcade.

Pokemon: Corviknight
Name: Galahad
Personality: Galahad is very kind and gentle--especially to small Pokemon, always listening to Alex without question--seeing the latter as an older brother. He can be very cautious as well, always ready to protect Alex from even the slightest sign of danger.
Appearance: Despite his normal towering size, he looks like your everyday Corviknight.
Other: He used to remain out of his Poke ball, but ever since he evolved into Corviknight, he's had to go in more often due to his size.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Alison "Allie" Silverstone
Personality: You'll find out. (most of you already know.)
Appearance: Standing at a relatively average height of 5'5, Allie has bright blue hair and brown eyes. Her outfit varies, but usually is a skirt and t-shirt or something along those lines. She has a slim stature, and a long scar up her arm from a run-in with an Ursaring in her youth.
Backstory: N/A
Other: She is highly apiphobic. She's fine with Combee though, it's Vespiquen and Beedrill that trigger her phobia.

Pokemon: Eevee
Name: Eve
Personality: Sassy and sarcastic, Eve's quite the character. You can guarantee that her Pokespeak will either translate to a snarky remark or an insult. Even so, she's incredibly loyal and wouldn't give Allie up for the world.
Appearance: A relatively normal Eevee. Wears a small flower on her tail.
Other: Cannot evolve, for reasons unknown.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Raven (no last name)
Personality: keeps to herself but is not to be messed with
Appearance: With blue-black hair, silver eyes, and pale skin, Raven has a tall and striking figure. She is somewhat of a Goth and wears mostly black. She is almost never seen without her partner Absol.
Role: Member of “One For Us”
Backstory: A mysterious and dark character, not much is known about Raven.
Other: Her parents died when she was ten. She and Absol take care of each other.

Pokemon: Absol
Name: Absol
Personality: Absol is extremely protective and would do anything for Raven. The two of them make quite a pair, and Absol is extremely powerful, knowing nearly all of its possible moves.
Appearance: A normal-looking Absol except for its blue eyes.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
No problem! ^.^

Put simply, you can't use mega evolution without asking the mods first. The best person to ask is StellarWind Elysdeon.

It's not a simple process - you have to give a detailed character bio, prove that your character is worthy of having a Mega/Key Stone, and go into detail about how they got it. There also has to be proof of the bond between Trainer and Pokemon. If and when you're accepted, then you'll be able to use Mega Evolution for this specific character in any RP on the site. (E.G - If you applied for a Key Stone and Absolite for Raven and Absol and got accepted, you'd be able to use them in any RP - but only for Raven and Absol and not any other characters.)

I very highly suggest reading the Pokemon RP Rules, they go into more detail about the process, as well as a bunch of other things you'll definitely want to know. They can be found here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-role-play-rules.9451/

These rules also apply for things like Battle Bond and Legendary Pokemon.

Hope this helps! =D

@Night's Shadow for the reasons @EeviumZ gave about your character bio and others, you character is denied until checked and cleared up. Your Absol sounds like a Mary Sue or close to one, so remake your bio and I’ll look into it for re-evaluation.

@Crystal1302 sorry for the late response, my bad. I totally get your point but plot wise it could make sense if we all meet each other now, maybe some he already talked to just to skip the whole into part but we’ll do a quick character intro to get it started.

Well the fact that your Absol knows every move kind of makes it look overpowered. I’ll allow limited moves and maybe a few more but just make sure you don’t do anything OP in the role play or I’ll ask you to change it. For now, you’re accepted.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
You can edit the bio, if you'd like!

On the left side of the post, there should be a little button that says "Edit". Click it, and it'll let you change your post. ^.^

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
@ToshiThenAgain
First off, thanks. Second off, I don't want to be a god character. I just want to be a character with power who knows how to use it. If you want, I can limit the moves Absol can use a bit more.

@EeviumZ
Thanks for the tip. I'm still getting used to the format of the site.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
No problem! Do let me know if you ever need help. I made similar mistakes when I first joined, you're definitely not alone. :3

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Oh, I have the same problem. I'm getting better at it - I had to write a plotline for the RP I'm currently running.

Nice first post, by the way!

I guess I'll join as well. Probably late but oh well.

Name: Makura
Personality: Shy but he'll get used to you
Appearance: Dark brown skin, black hair, crimson eyes, wears denim jeans, and a black short-sleeved hoodie
Role: Member of "One for Us"
Backstory: His parents left alone at home because they had work there and couldn't take him with them so he live alone.
Other: He acts differently whenever he's backed in a corner during battle.

Pokemon: Umbreon
Name: Shade
Personality: He's kind of independent but is willing enough to make friends. Shade sticks by Makura most of the time.
Appearance: Normal Umbreon but has a red scarf on.
Other: He hates going in his pokeball.

@LightNexus everything looks good, you're accepted.

I'm sorry everyone for having such a late post. I really expected the story to progress a lot slower but our posting rate just skyrocketed while I was stuck in school, happy to see that but completely inconvenient for me. ;_;
Now that we are all in a group together, the problem is making posts with enough spacing so that people aren't trying to post at the same time, I can work with it but we might need some communications at a point like this.

Oh, I guess I should have explained this earlier but during the weekdays I have school, and this is the time span where I’m usually busy in school:

7:40am - 4:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)

So if I ever take forever to respond, this is probably the reason and apologizes if this makes anyone wait long.