• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
That looks better. :)
Added to the list.

They would all be humanoid here, though. :D
I'm thinking it'd be a lot simpler to just follow through with the egg groups, though, perhaps an exception that Nygenn managed to dig up earlier would be Nidoqueen, since supposedly she's in the Undiscovered egg group, and would not be able to breed at all (like genderless legendaries) despite her pokedex entries mentioning her trait as being fiercely protective of her offspring.
Well when I was referring to Jynx and Mawile being humanoid I meant more the original Pokémon than their gjinka forms. But honestly I don't mind which way we go with the egg groups :)

Alright just a head's up on the ruling body of Suimera.

The King Zachery Quintes Delago, a Dragonite who was tragically murdered about 2 decades prior to the present.
The Queen Celeste Delago, a Milotic who used to be nothing more than a very timid and ugly Feebas maid before she evolved and enchanted the then Prince. Her's is a perfect Cinderella story that fills many a young maiden with hopes and dreams.
Their son is and everyone's favorite royal is of course Prince Salem Tempus Delago, the Dragonair marked with Suicune's blessing.

Then, supporting the throne are some prominent figures such as Countess Alizé Deidre Moreaux, the Pyroar in charge of intelligence and court affairs.
There is the acting general, a Baron who's name and species is currently up for debate, but who commands the armies and security.
Then there is the head of all serving staff, Lady Zoya Boralis, an Empoleon who actually got knighted some years back for her services and loyalties.
Lastly there is also the mysterious mystic adviser, who has been in service to the crown for as long as anyone can remember but who no one really knows anything about. The character is often gone for years but then suddenly reappears without warning or fanfare.

Last edited:
There is the acting general, a Baron who's name and species is currently up for debate, but who commands the armies and security.
Ok, I'm throwing out ideas for species out here.
Salamence
Bronzong
Golem
Volcanona
Rhydon
Camerupt
Emboar
Gallade
I'll think of more later.

Ok, I'm throwing out ideas for species out here.
Sorry, I should have phrased that better. We're putting the role of the general's son up for grabs for a quality player, and depending on what that player wants for the name and race of his character will influence those of the general.

Hey, would you mind if I actually mentioned Tales Haven in my next post? I'm not sure if you wanted it to have any particular introduction.
No by all means use it as you see fit. I plan on having more of these toys thrown into the sandbox for the kids to play with, so to speak.

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. We're putting the role of the general's son up for grabs for a quality player, and depending on what that player wants for the name and race of his character will influence those of the general.
Ok, thanks. Sorry if that sounded a bit dumb, I was just misinformed.

Ugh writers block is the worst :/

You can do it! Just try not to be afraid of failure. We will likely enjoy anything you put up :3

Side note:

I've been looking at anthropomorphic snake women to try and get an understanding of what Diana's feet and legs should look like. I found some good representations, but all of them are erotica in some form or another xD I'm having trouble finding good sfw images, which I suppose is to be expected when googling "anthropomorphic snake women".

Lots of Naga's and Lamia's I'm guessing, the odd Marilith perhaps. But those are all legless. 'Lizard folk' might yield some good results.

You can do it! Just try not to be afraid of failure. We will likely enjoy anything you put up :3

Side note:

I've been looking at anthropomorphic snake women to try and get an understanding of what Diana's feet and legs should look like. I found some good representations, but all of them are erotica in some form or another xD I'm having trouble finding good sfw images, which I suppose is to be expected when googling "anthropomorphic snake women".
Thanks Chrocey, that means a lot and I will get right back to it when I've had a bite to eat :)

Oh! I just realised the robery Pen was talkingabout was the bag thing! I'm so silly, I had read that but... I don't know why I didn't even consider it >_< Anyways, I think I'll do another post about Trini stealing the bag, it had jewelery so she would probably be interested in it, would it be okay if I did so, or perhaps, maybe editing my last post to add that to the first one.

And about the egg groups, I didn't realise that Jynx and Mawile belonged to different egg groups, I thought that, since they had quite humanoid figures, they would be compatible. I'm so sorry! If it's okay with you, could I change Trini's bio so Delilah isn't her biological mother?

Oh! I just realised the robery Pen was talkingabout was the bag thing! I'm so silly, I had read that but... I don't know why I didn't even consider it _ Anyways, I think I'll do another post about Trini stealing the bag, it had jewelery so she would probably be interested in it, would it be okay if I did so, or perhaps, maybe editing my last post to add that to the first one.
You way want to run this by Chrocey specifically, I seem to recall him saying something along the lines of already having plans that cover the theft.

And about the egg groups, I didn't realise that Jynx and Mawile belonged to different egg groups, I thought that, since they had quite humanoid figures, they would be compatible. I'm so sorry! If it's okay with you, could I change Trini's bio so Delilah isn't her biological mother?
Yes, but all means, if you don't mind. Although it's never actually stated in her bio that she is the biological mother either, so you could just opt to slide it into a thought or comment in one of your upcoming entries and just leave the bio be. Whichever you prefer.
-

Last edited:
Just to preface, I definitely don't have a foot fetish xD and I won't kink shame if anyone does. It just really bothered me to think of Diana having normal human feet. Like...in a weird gross kind of way.

Anywho, this is a pretty tasteful picture someone drew that I think displays a fitting design for her feet/claws/whatever-they-are-called.
just_relaxing_by_sassysnake.png

Aww Astralkitsune, I'm so disappointed that you decided to have Mai ignore Lady Alizé closing statement, but let's just say she didn't hear it over the verbal lashing she was giving herself.
Seriously, you are going way, WAY, over the top with the dramatics, to the point where it is already taking away from the character rather than adding to it. Of course this is my personal opinion and you and anyone else is allowed to disagree and argue the point, but hear me out for a moment.

I am already wondering how this girl is even alive with the amount of self-loathing she has. I bet that if Salem ever ran into her and she started gasping, she would just kill herself on the spot if he jokingly said "Hey, don't use up all my air."

Being harsh on herself is one thing, and certainly an interesting character trait to have, but this is just too much. Add to that the fact that you feel the need to remind us of it with every sentence she utters, and every thought she has, and it makes for a rather annoying read if i'm brutally honest.

Now of course I can't just leave it with tongue lashing, no one ever got better from just that, so lets see how we can make this better. Earlier I've already said that in the telling of a compelling story it is always better to show than to tell. You're doing a good job and portraying Mai as loyal and submissive with her patiently awaiting orders, braving an uncomfortable situation, and kneeling even when the lady is not looking at her. The way she handles the scroll also adds to this. Had you have her back away out of the room rather than turn her back to the Lady her actions would have been complete and made it perfectly clear to all readers that this girl is Loyal and obedient.
Her negative perception of herself would also have been better shown, though admittedly there have been few opportunities for that as of yet, but that's fine. We don't need to know everything about the character right off the bat.

If you do insist of making this clear then her thoughts and inner monologues would serve her well here, as you already displayed. But even here it is better to show than to tell. Instead of her straight up thinking "I am not worthy" and emphasizing it with descriptors such as; "This lowly person, my unworthy self, my cursed existence, the unworthy entity that is me, etc," you could structure the sentence so that it carries the undertone of low self-esteem. For example:

'Me and the P-p-prince!?' Mai-Ling thought, shocked by the implication, yet her eyes fluttered and her heart pounded at the thought. She reigned in those hopeful delusions quickly, before they could take root, and squashed them ruthlessly. She should not, must not, entertain such fantasies, not now, not ever. Her place was in the shadows, watching over, and enabling the prince and the other nobles, not being a part of their lives.

Now you could still throw in a thought like 'I am not worthy,' but then you immediately reached your quota for that entry, and I would even argue the following couple of entries as well. In this example I thought it would be nice to show that Mai-Ling actually feels positive things, hopeful things, like any normal character would, making it all the more dramatic and meaningful when she consciously denies herself. What do you think?

if you feel I'm stepping way out of line here, or just flat out disagree with my opinions then please say so. That goes for everyone btw. I am the kind that generally has an opinion on just about everything, and have enough delusions of grandeur that I believe everyone should hear those opinions, but do correct me when i'm mistaken. :)

I hope you are not taking this as some kind of assault. I was never my intention to harm or offend. Don't go taking your entry down either, there is structurally nothing wrong with it, just, you know, do better on the next one. :p
-

Also, that's a very sexy image Chrocey, and I agree with the feet thing, although it wouldn't have bothered me too much if Diana had had dainty human feet either.

Last edited:
I would hate to be you right now @Chrocey , delving through the pit of death

Anyways

I honestly just realized that I had given Allen no traits of Drifblim, other than the color scheme of both himself and his clothes, and the small little things on his coat, and those are just part of his clothes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't specified any details in the roleplay, so could I change it @Nygenn ?

Also, just putting this out there, I really want to have Pidove-kid (I'll think of a name) be a recurring NPC.

@~Principessa~Phantom~ Ok, cool. So why don't we take @Nygenn 's suggestion- Abel knowing Opel's parents and knowing how bad they were, and is her cousin. (He's a tad to young to be an uncle in my opinion, but if you think that'd fit your character better, I wouldn't mind making him an Uncle.) So yeah, sound agreeable to you?

I would hate to you right now, delving through the pit of death
What do you mean?

I honestly just realized that I had given Allen no traits of Drifblim, other than the color scheme of both himself and his clothes, and the small little things on his coat, and those are just part of his clothes. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't specified any details in the roleplay, so could I change it @Nygenn ?
Of course, as I stated several times before already, it's perfectly alright to make improvements on your character at any time, only if they are large changes that would have effected interactions in the RP then bring them up to be discussed.

Also, just putting this out there, I really want to have Pidove-kid (I'll think of a name) be a recurring NPC.
Go for it. It'll be fun to occasionally have this child filled with wonder pop up and be amazed at everything, while being trailed by his sister who desperately tries to reel him in.

What do you mean?

Of course, as I stated several times before already, it's perfectly alright to make improvements on your character at any time, only if they are large changes that would have effected interactions in the RP then bring them up to be discussed.

Go for it. It'll be fun to occasionally have this child filled with wonder pop up and be amazed at everything, while being trailed by his sister who desperately tries to reel him in.
Thanks for the info!

Also, I messed up. Talking to Chrocey with the first part.

Also, for some reason, I can picture all the child characters really getting along with Allen in this. Expect maybe Story's character. Does he count?

Sounds good to me, @EspeonTheBest!

By the way, Opel's intro mas been posted! Even though she's not explicitly interacting with anyone's characters, she does have money, so...

Oh, and would anyone want to be a merchant for a couple of posts? She needs to buy a thing, and I didn't want the entirety of her intro to be no interaction with anyone that wasn't created by me, y'know?

Oh, and would anyone want to be a merchant for a couple of posts? She needs to buy a thing, and I didn't want the entirety of her intro to be no interaction with anyone that wasn't created by me, y'know?
That's a great request actually, I hadn't considered that we could all play each other's random NPC's when needed. I'll be happy to accommodate you this time. What kind of merchant did you need specifically, and what sort of show would Opal have run into?
-

Also, thank you for the Follow, but don't think it's going to make me go easy on your entries :\=|:

Just a shopkeeper that sells materials and the like, including cloth and things like that. Thanks for helping me out here! :p

Also, didn't think it would. I like following people in RPs that I'm part of so I know when they're online and when I can expect a post or reply or something from them.

Sorry for the length of that post, I promise I can make longer ones :p
I can play the part if you want! Totally not to add an extra 400 words to my post...
Ahem, I have a character that would work well if you'd allow me :)

I can play the part if you want! Totally not to add an extra 400 words to my post...
Ahem, I have a character that would work well if you'd allow me :)
Go ahead Burble. I remember owing you one for stealing June's glory in giving that vicious Sceptile a beat down. And what a beat down it was, easily one of my personal favorite fights. 8)

Makes it sorta sad that Ajax went from an exceptionally large Blastoise boss, to a tiny plushy that gets thrown of the balcony, doesn't it? :p

I really feel like typing something, but I can't think of ideas.

On another note, I really like Opel, Princess. Phantom? Idk. The character idea, while the first part of the history seemed just the smallest bit cliche, was a great idea and is quite unique.

Yes, but all means, if you don't mind. Although it's never actually stated in her bio that she is the biological mother either, so you could just opt to slide it into a thought or comment in one of your upcoming entries and just leave the bio be. Whichever you prefer.

Oh, if that's the case maybe stating it in RP would be way more practical now I have posted the bio already. Thanks for your advices!

And, about the bag thing, I serously need to think twice before writing. @Chrocey do you have any character or event you wanted to introduce with the bag event or would it be okay if I made a post about Trini stealing it?

Makes it sorta sad that Ajax went from an exceptionally large Blastoise boss, to a tiny plushy that gets thrown of the balcony, doesn't it? :p
Who's to say that's the real Ajax? Maybe the real one is awaiting his moment for his gang of water types to strike in another kingdom, or under delinquent town, or lurking in some tavern...

Anyways, thanks for that! I won't squander this opportunity :D

And, about the bag thing, I serously need to think twice before writing. @Chrocey do you have any character or event you wanted to introduce with the bag event or would it be okay if I made a post about Trini stealing it?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I sort of got the impression that Trini and her 'mother' were still outside of Suimera and looking at it from a distance. Perhaps you should let this particular theft slide and focus on getting your girls into the city first?

On another note, I really like Opel, Princess. Phantom? Idk. The character idea, while the first part of the history seemed just the smallest bit cliche, was a great idea and is quite unique.
Well, sometimes I like working with cliche characters. :p Thank you very much, though! And you can call me whatever you'd like!

No problem Bobbymcbobbykinmccatpersonekoimjustramblimgandwhatamdoing, its catchy :p
Anyway I'm just about to put a post up, it brings me great displeasure to have to say that it is a rather short entry but I'm afraid I've had a long day and writers block has been hitting me like a truck. So if its not up to standard just say so and I will take it down and put a new one up once im feeling like myself again :)

Two things-
One, I don't consider Que in the 'child' age group, but he is routinely refered to as a boy and will hopefully be shown to be rather young in state of mind if I can ever really figure out how to do such things in my writing. But even if he was more of a child, I don't expect him to really get along with anyone, so your assumption would be correct :p

And, two, on Astralkitsune's posts and Nygenn's criticisms: To add on to what Nygenn said, I do believe that the self hate is feeling as if more retracting from her character than adding, and I agree that this can be helped by showing it more than telling and focusing on positive aspects as well. However, I can understand where you're coming from, as I tend to suffer from a similar idea of self doubt and can confirm that it really does hoard all your thoughts. In addition, I feel that this dark type lowlyness is presented as more of a fact than an emotional crusher of sorts, or at least that's my understanding from what I've read so far, so I'm okay with seeing it a few times every couple posts or so and I think that, as opposed to what I feel Nygenn is implying, it doesn't have to be this grand flaw that should only be told upon at critical moments. However, I do agree that, in general, it wouldn't hurt to focus on more sides of her character, and I wanted to say that if you really want to keep this thread of darkness going, I can confirm that it's a perfectly normal thing to have this chain of thought (in relation to your character) run through your head half of the day: "I'm not worthy, I shouldn't- no, no, no wait... but what if- no, It's alright, I can do this..."

Ny and Story in regards to Mai-Ling

It is not my intention to have her be quite that way all the time but Lady Alize certainly puts her more in that mind state.

I don't plan out my post before I do them. I just let the characters thoughts come to me as I write for them.

Honestly Mai-Ling is an experiment for me. I have not played s character with such self esteem issues in a very long time. As a role player I try to challenge myself constantly to play very diverse character roles theives, artist, computer geniuses, fighters, doctors, etc. There are a few things I tend to avoid, low self esteem and mentally weak characters is one of them.

I personally do not have depression or any form of bi-polar disorder. So any observation of that mental state is just that. I will never truly understand that mind state even though my own wife has severe self esteem issues. From my observations it is an incredibly frequent pattern though and the only way they ever get partially through it in life is strong support and positive reinforcement from those around. On the same token negative reinforcement is incredibly easy and it is much harder to bring them up than tear them down. Mai has not really had any positive support in her life other than her brother when she was young and even he thought she was weak and needed protecting.

I apologize for the fact that the character portrayal is coming across as annoying to read. I am not one to usually abandon characters or go through a long lost because I get bored with them like some gamers. However I also have learned not to annoy a group with a concept that is not working.

I can present a new character concept if you wish. Even without coming up with a new one I already have Mai's brother in my head. Believe me he is vastly different than his sister. If you would like to see that portrayal then I can switch gears.

I also apologize for any spelling and grammar mistakes on this post as it is from my phone.