• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Those were some great posts. I'm still trying to ease into doing longer things, but I hope to improve!

I also just realized that the ability to control shadows was great for Allen, as he is a shadow of his younger self before the fire. Really fitting for a random thought, if you ask me.
It's okay if you go for smaller entries. I mean even writing half of what seems to be the average entry length here is good enough, provided the quality is up to snuff. I am sorry to say that you need to work on that some more, because you're a bit under par right now from what I can see, both content wise as in the telling of it.

If you're struggling, or unsure about things feel free to ask. We have what I believe to be about the best cast of writers on the forum together in one place here. Every question asked here counts double.

I might join this but I need to know, what do you mean by anthropomorphic pokemon?
Well JohnsonAce, you can probably get a good idea reading the character bio's in the second post of this thread. But in short it's humans with some Pokémon features such as ears, eyes, tails, claws, and some of their abilities.

It's okay if you go for smaller entries. I mean even writing half of what seems to be the average entry length here is good enough, provided the quality is up to snuff. I am sorry to say that you need to work on that some more, because you're a bit under par right now from what I can see, both content wise as in the telling of it.

If you're struggling, or unsure about things feel free to ask. We have what I believe to be about the best cast of writers on the forum together in one place here. Every question asked here counts double.
Thank you so much! I always love criticism, and the offer for help is too good to pass up. With my next post, I'll do better. Thanks!

Yea you are right I tend to do a lot of scene description and inner monologue. However Pen had already set the scene. The rug was as much as I messed with that and I am trying to be very careful with the palace as I know that is the play area of the STs same with introducing npcs. In hindsight I could have done a flashback scene as well.
We actually want to encourage world building, rather than discourage it. So while being careful is good, you can always run your ideas by us before you set about posting, and this goes for everyone btw. If you are unsure whether what you are about to introduce could cause friction with others, just post it here, or throw it in a private message with whomever it may concern.

Introducing NPC's is fine as well so long as they are there to back up your own character. You shouldn't just introduce NPC's that will be a major influence on others without discussing it first. So if you want Mai-Lin to have a good friend among the maids for example, then feel free to do so, just don't suddenly make her the relative of another character, or state that this girl is Salem's personal scrub nurse or something. Not that I would likely object to a personal scrub nurse for the prince, but I would like to be consulted on the possibility of one beforehand.

What PentheWonderful already said. You can consider your group of NPC's your character's support cast. It's not necessary that you have them of course, but if you do you are more than welcome to use them. Again I would like to stress that you make sure you don't end up isolating your own characters with these extra's. The main drive of the RP should still be interaction between players, but you can use support NPC's as proxies of course. It's entirely possible that some of these NPC's begin to take on a life all their own of course. Should this happen I am inclined to support that because clearly it is what the story and the players demand. There is no rule against having multiple characters, just make sure you can handle them all.

On that note... Aurorus, a fossil pokemon... Denver... Are you perhaps referencing Denver the Last Dinosaur? :D
(You know, I had no idea that they remade this show.)

Also, with so many people gathering in front of your story, could you tell us if the shop has a name, and if so what it is?

I wish I made that referance! No, that wasn't intentional, but that's hilarious! :)

The only reason I hadn't named the store was because I couldn't think of one. Here, the name is Northern Jewlery, unless that's too modern of a name.

Finally finished my character's form! Here it is!

Name:
Opel Fay

Nickname(s): Not much- either Opel or Fay. She's not one for actual nicknames.

Species: Mareep

She works as a nurse's apprentice, but she wishes to find a full-time job in the palace some day.

Personality: Creative, patient, and polite, the first impression people get of Opel Fay is usually quiet, apprehensive, and tender-minded. Although, around those she cares about, the Mareep gijinka is dependable, cooperative, enthusiastic, and reassuring. No matter who she is with, though, she can be very sensitive, but not overly so.

History:
When she was born, poor Opel figured out, very quickly, that her parents did not want her around. This was shown by the Wartortle and Flaaffy gijinkas abusing her tiny form to the brink of causing actual damage, both mental and physical. Once she had grown to be the age of six, she finally learned that she could do something to get away from the suffering she was forced to live through her entire life: she could run away. Run away and never look back.

So that's exactly what she did. In her cloth bag, she packed only her rather poorly-made but favorite toy, a clay Ponyta, and a handful of hazelnuts, taken from the kitchen without her parents' knowledge. With determination in her mind, a frown on her face, and a tear in her eye, Opel Fay left her home, the only place she had ever known, and ventured into the surrounding, unknown woods.

It didn't take the young girl long until she made it to a building on the outskirts of Suimera. Instantly, she ran over to it, out of curiosity of what it might be there for and lack of energy to traverse anywhere else in the dangerous woods alone for more than the five minutes she'd been out. Hearing commotion inside, Opel peered in through the cracked-open door to see what there was to see.

Inside, many children, who all seemed to be either around her age or younger, ran, played, laughed. Knowing only of harassment, the Mareep gijinka child built up the courage to tug on the shirt of a Poliwag gijinka, gaining her attention. "H-Hello there. What is this place?"

"This building? Why, it's our home! We all ran away from our real homes, and somehow, we came across this place!" Tilting her head in confusion, the Poliwag wondered aloud. "Did you run away?"

Opel nodded in response. "Yes, I did." Not wanting to cause any trouble for any of the children, she played with her foot before she asked: "I-Is there room f-for one more here?"

The Poliwag grow very excited. Running over to a much-taller Darmanitan gijinka, she told of Opel, her dilemma, and her question. Very quickly, she was welcomed to the 'orphanage' with open arms.

It had been a year or so before the trip to downtown Suimera. Leading all the children, who had grown to be good friends with Opel and could bring out her more 'outgoing' side, the Darmanitan gijinka asked around if people were looking to 'adopt', since not many knew of the orphanage's existence. Seeing many strange people made Opel uneasy, but she told herself she'd be strong for her friends- the exact same friends she considered her real family.

A large-ish building caught her eye. She could see a few gijinkas inhabiting the building, and she was quick to wonder what they had gathered for. Many were crippled in some way, mainly due to some mental disorder, and the Mareep gijinka grew worried about them, feeling a need to help them throughout their time at the building. Slowly, as she told her 'family' that she would be right back, Fay walked over to the intriguing building, feeling emotions well up inside her, but she did not know why.

In the midst of the patients inside, a fully-fit Wigglytuff gijinka stood, feeding a Roselia gijinka. Approaching the woman, Opel Fay tiled her head to a side in slight confusion. "Excuse me, miss, but what are you doing? Why are you feeding that man?"

Looking down to the short girl, the Wigglytuff smiled a light, beautiful smile. She explained her purpose for helping the Roselia man, calling the building an 'infirmary' in the process. Absolutely fascinated by the patients' stories and the Wigglytuff's reason for helping them, Opel wanted very much to stay here with her friends and assist the Wigglytuff, but she could not, she said, because she was "trying to get adopted".

"Oh, poor dear, you're an orphan? Honey... Would you like a new home?" Smiling, the Wigglytuff walked away from her nursing duties at the infirmary only to speak to the Darmanitan about adopting Opel, who said a light-hearted "yes" in response. After many minutes of saying a tearful farewell to her friends, ensuring that they would visit sometimes, Opel followed the Wigglytuff, who happily took her in as her very first apprentice, saying that "I can always use an extra hand around here!", back into the building she would know as her new home for the rest of her life.

Appearance: With red hair as short and fluffy as the Pokemon's wool, Opel is a small girl, both lengthwise and width-wise. Donning a wide array of freckles on her face (her entire face, I mean), arms, and even her legs, she finds herself toying around with her tail (the orange bulb on the end, to be exact) whenever there is nothing very specific for her to do. Eyes a shining orange, she has the ears(?) of the Pokemon she portrays, and her legs (and arms) are a bit shorter than usual, hence her height.

Clothing: As a child, Opel Fay wore nothing more than a cheap, white, woolen dress and leather shoes, given to her by her mother to help with chores inside the house. But, since her time at the infirmary, she was given and began wearing a sleeveless tunic, woolen shawl (both much too big for her size), girdle, and black shoes.

Special Abilities:
Thanks to learning the move Cotton Spore, Opel has the ability to create cushions to help soothe the patients of the infirmary, stop any bleeding, and give them a comfortable night's sleep. (Y'know, like pillows.) Also, seeing as Mareeps are able to do this, during the nighttime, her tail glows a bright orange color to help others see in the lack of light. (Thanks a bunch for these, @Jake Acker!)

If there's anything wrong with this, just let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can. I do hope this meets the expectations, though!

Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
~Principessa~Phantom~, first of I just want to say that I like how your bio is written. Your style and structure seem pretty good, which is a big factor in being allowed in. Design wise I actually like your little lamb and her story save for a few points, points you were already aware of yourself going by your commentary.
I am on the fence about her age. I don't actually have anything against an 8 year old character, provided she's portrayed as an 8 year old character, if you know what I mean. She can help out at the infirmary of course, but much more than offering comfort and ferrying supplies I don't really see her do.

My other concerns are with her abilities. I don't really see where her super strength would come from. Had she been something like a Machop then this would have been fine, but unless I missed something there is no excuse for a Mareep to be extraordinarily strong physically. This is not necessarily to limit your character, but to allow the possibilities for more appropriate characters. Let's say for example that the next character is going to be a Timburr and he wants his niche to be that he's exceptionally strong, he's going to have to be extra exceptional or accept being outdone by a little sheep. So for that reason among others, I'd prefer if we stick to abilities that make sense for the Pokemon.
This brings me to your Rain Dish ability. It's just a little to out there frankly. A quick look at Mareep doesn't really show much much in the form of healing, though there are options for defense, or soft things, so we can probably shape that into some sort of comforting ability.
Alternatively you might want to look into doing something with the Static ability or her electric type. Wouldn't it be interesting if she accidentally shocks people she touches on occasion? Some more than others perhaps. I'm currently imagining her continuously zapping Gerald 100% of the time. :D

Give those points a bit more thought and see if you can't come up with something that might fit a bit better. Overall it's a very good first draft and I'm quite positive we can make this work. Now we just wait and see if Pen has anything to add to this when she wakes up.
-

I'm about to pass out, but I just want to finish something for you all to consider while I recuperate. :p
It'll be up shortly.

Give those points a bit more thought and see if you can't come up with something that might fit a bit better. Overall it's a very good first draft and I'm quite positive we can make this work. Now we just wait and see if Pen has anything to add to this when she wakes up.

Yeah, I'll definitely revise it. I honestly had no idea what special abilities Opel could have, and I probably got a bit carried away. Sorry about that. :|

When I can, I'll think of and change them into something a bit more predictable and understandable.

Yeah, I'll definitely revise it. I honestly had no idea what special abilities Opel could have, and I probably got a bit carried away. Sorry about that. :|

When I can, I'll think of and change them into something a bit more predictable and understandable.
Perhaps you could have her use her static electricity as a form of defibrillator or something? :p Or for more serious ideas perhaps she could use cotton guard to form some kind of comforting and cloud like substance to soothe people or light up the bulb on her tail (Something the Mareep family is very well known for) and use it as some kind of Florence Nightingale lantern as she goes around the infirmary? Just some suggestions :)

Perhaps you could have her use her static electricity as a form of defibrillator or something? :p Or for more serious ideas perhaps she could use cotton guard to form some kind of comforting and cloud like substance to soothe people or light up the bulb on her tail (Something the Mareep family is very well known for) and use it as some kind of Florence Nightingale lantern as she goes around the infirmary? Just some suggestions :)
Some fine suggestions, indeed! You wouldn't mind if I took advantage of these, would you? They're super smart and could be used in more ways than one. I really like them! :D

Phantom, here's another idea:

Mareep and its evolutions all have some form of relation to the story of the Golden Fleece of Greek mythology.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Fleece (Golden Fleece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Go read the Plot section before reading any further.

I'm waiting.

Go ahead.

Ya done?

Good.

So, if you read it like I told you to, you can derive a few ideas from it.

1. The winged ram has a subtle part in the story, so maybe something to do with, not flight, but maybe some kind of increased speed? I don't recommend this one.

2. The ram was sacrificed to Poseidon and became the constellation Aries. Like suggested before, this could have something do so with lighting. Aries has to do with fertility and creativity in Egypt, so take it as you will.

Alright, so here's the little thing I was working on. After looking around and seeing the type discrimination be such a problem everywhere I got the inspiration for a place outside of Delitown (I hate the name Delinquent Town :p), that would be welcoming to unfortunately types that are willing to do good, as well as other types willing to accept and mix with the darker types in a controlled environment.
Here's what I came up with, let me know what you guys think. If it's usable then I like to just toss it up for anyone/everyone to use as they fancy in their personal stories and entries. All except for the Proprietor that is.

Chrocey for example, if you like the idea of this place you could find a little invitation/business card with the image of a curled up Ninetales in your money bag.

Tales Haven

Exterior Description: From the front, the building stands out from its neighbors, not because of its size but rather its unique architecture. It stands a mere two stories high but seems a lot wilder, as if the gardens rose up to make the building a part of it. The entrance is a large round double door, the building itself is rather narrow and extends more towards the back than the sides. This leaves it seemingly small and fitting in just right with the small shops surrounding it.

The structure is unique compared to other buildings around it, but despite this it is easy to miss. There are many trees and parks strewn throughout the city and Tales Haven just seems to blend right into those.

Above the door hangs a sign with a mark resembling a curled up Ninetales.

Interior Description: The interior is much like one would expect from a hostel. There is an entrance hall with reception desk on the side, immediately continuing into a corridor leading to simple bedrooms and facilities. Across from the reception is a staircase leading up to another floor nearly identical to the one below it.

The interior design of the place is rather warm and more luxurious than one would originally assume. Paintings, a large assortment of plants, both potted and not, and various curtains draped all over give the place a homely, yet exotic feel. There are even actual trees interwoven with the walls, sprouting from the ground and going up through the roof.

On the wall near the receptions an old painting/tapestry depicting a very attractive Ninetales woman.

The Real Treat: Off to the side of the reception desk, around the corner, there is a wide staircase leading down into the ground towards a pair of heavy black doors. Beyond these doors a tunnel continues downwards in a curve until it opens up in a fairly large underground cavern. A staircase hewn from the rock but properly decorated with wood and cloth leads to the cave floor. This entire cave is decked out like a sort of jazz club, but then medival, in that there are tables with seats placed on the outside, with a small dance area free in the middle. Towards the back there is a slightly raised dais with curtains for performances of all sorts. To the side is a support band area, and all the way on the opposite side of the cavern, carved into the rock wall is a large bar that curves halfway around.

The cavern ceiling is a good two to three stories high and it, as well as the walls are covered with tree roots and great curtains and tapestries so as to remove any echoes. Despite the place being underground there is proper ventilation so as to not have the air grow dank and stale. There are many little fox statues scattered about and the entire place is lit up by a multitude of lanterns large and small.

Finally, from the ceiling in the back hangs what can best be described as a skybox, but great plates of wood with intricate patterns cut into them make it nearly impossible to look inside.

Location: Tales Haven is an establishment in one of the oldest districts, closer towards the center of the kingdom. It is located in what used to be one of the main streets, which ends in a relatively large square where many of the festivities were being held. Over the years however, and with the expansion of the city, the main hub for activities, parades and festivals have shifted to newer streets and larger squares that are much more accommodating to such grand events.

The area, once bustling with theaters, taverns, and gambling parlors, has long since mellowed out into a relatively quiet and quint area with little stores, café’s, and hostels, with residential areas surrounding it.

History: The origin of Tales Haven actually dates back to the dawn of the kingdom itself. It is rumored that the original proprietor had not only been part of the exodus that led to the discovery of the vale, but had in fact been a close companion to the first king and was there are the birth of Suimera. Whether such stories are true or not, they certainly add to the mystique of the establishment.

What is undeniably true however, is the fact that throughout its long history the Haven has been destroyed and rebuild numerous times, the last of which occurred soon after the late king’s passing. It was around the time of the sudden surge in type discrimination. The king had been poisoned and tensions were running high. Haven had, as its name suggests, always been a place willing to welcome people of all walks of life and it had paid dearly for that.

The building has since been restored in recent years, but has been closed until a couple of days ago. A new welcome sign was really the only indication that anything had changed at all, so many of the citizens who are used to walking by the place took no notice, but now with the flood of new blood pouring into the kingdom, Tales Haven might yet be rediscovered and flourish once again.

Custodians: Votum Volcris (Kricketune) and Constantia Volcris (Ladian)
Mr. Volcris and Mrs. Volcris, otherwise known as Tumtum and Tia respectively as they like to call each other, are the senior couple somehow managing the place. They would both stand around 4 feet tall if they could still stand up straight, but crooked with age as they are they only reach a little over 3 feet.

The pair are diligent workers, and perform their jobs to the best of their abilities without ever complaining. They work as fast as they can, but when it takes five steps just to turn around you can imagine the patience is a good virtue to have when dealing with this sweet couple. They are open and accepting of everyone no matter what type or background, and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Do not be fooled by their slow gait and aged bodies because both of them possess a sharp mind, sharper tongue, quick wit and have the advantage of experience on their side.

Mr. Volcris, despite his age is master musician of snare instruments in particular, while Mrs. Volcris is arguably one of the best cooks in the kingdom.

Bouncer: Latro Volcris (Scizor)
Latro, or simply ‘Lad’ or ‘Laddie’ as Mr. Volcris calls him, stands almost 6 feet tall, with an athletic build, and a perpetually scowling face. He is somewhere in his mid to late twenties and is the bastard son of the Volcris’ daughter. The girl got tangled up with a punk Scyther who just knocked her up and left. There were complications and the girl did not survive giving birth, so Latro was raised by his grandparents. He was a natural born delinquent. Always fighting and causing trouble and exceptionally good at both. Eventually he bit off more than he could chew and ended up almost dying by having his throat ripper out. He survived, however did lose his vocal cords, along with what little humor her possessed, and has been a scowling mute ever since. As one might expect he sports a horrendous scar along his throat.

Latro became a lot less rowdy and has since dedicated his life to helping out his grandparents wherever he can. He is fiercely protective of the elder Volcris, and a dutiful guardian of their establishment as well as their guests/employees.

Proprietor: Simply known as the Lady, this mysterious figure is not seen around the Haven. She took on the Volcris family to manage her restored establishment instead, with the hopes of having it be what it was always meant to be, a place where everyone could feel safe and free of discrimination and hatred. Now more than ever Tales Haven welcomes those of unfortunately typing looking to break the stigmata.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the help, @Sciencewars! I'd love to find a way to incorporate that myth into Opel's character, but for now, her special abilities have been updated. I'll find a way to work the whole constellation thing into her, though! :D

I really like this place, too, though! :o

Last edited:
Edit: Thus, a robbery has taken place! Since our Liepard thief operates mostly in the night time, @Blue moon, how about you take this one? That is to say, this is purely a suggestion that you are in no way obliged to follow. :p

@PentheWonderful Sorry for the late response! I wanted to read the thread so far before deciding what to do with my character :'| About the robbery, I'd happily take it, but it hasn't appeared in the RP thread right? Or is it that I missed it? Anyways, I'd like to write an introducing post before Trini starts getting in trouble, would it be okay if I do that first?

Finally finished my character's form! Here it is!

Name:
Opel Fay

Nickname(s): Not much- either Opel or Fay. She's not one for actual nicknames.

Species: Mareep

She works as a nurse's apprentice, but she wishes to find a full-time job in the palace some day.

Personality: Creative, patient, and polite, the first impression people get of Opel Fay is usually quiet, apprehensive, and tender-minded. Although, around those she cares about, the Mareep gijinka is dependable, cooperative, enthusiastic, and reassuring. No matter who she is with, though, she can be very sensitive, but not overly so.

History:
When she was born, poor Opel figured out, very quickly, that her parents did not want her around. This was shown by the Wartortle and Flaaffy gijinkas abusing her tiny form to the brink of causing actual damage, both mental and physical. Once she had grown to be the age of seven, she finally learned that she could do something to get away from the suffering she was forced to live through her entire life: she could run away. Run away and never look back.

So that's exactly what she did. In her cloth bag, she packed only her rather poorly-made but favorite toy, a clay Ponyta, and a handful of hazelnuts, taken from the kitchen without her parents' knowledge. With determination in her mind, a frown on her face, and a tear in her eye, Opel Fay left her home, the only place she had ever known, and ventured into the surrounding, unknown woods.

It took the young girl quite a long time until she made it to the downtown area of Suimera, but she instantly fell in love with the utopia. Although she wasn't one to talk to strangers, since she had never had a time when she could or would be able to, Opel, who was sore from her feet up to her head, pushed through the crowds, on a mission to find a new place to call home.

A large-ish building caught her eye. She could see a few gijinkas inhabiting the building, and she was quick to wonder what they had gathered for. Many were crippled in some way, mainly due to some mental disorder, and the Mareep gijinka grew worried about them, feeling a need to help them throughout their time at the building. Slowly, run down from all the walking she had been doing during these past few hours, Fay could feel emotions well up inside her, but she did not know why.

In the midst of the patients, a fully-fit Wigglytuff gijinka stood, feeding a Roselia gijinka. Approaching the woman, Opel Fay tiled her head to a side in slight confusion. "Excuse me, miss, but what are you doing? Why are you feeding that man?"

Looking down to the short girl, the Wigglytuff smiled a light, beautiful smile. She explained her purpose for helping the Roselia man, calling the building an 'infirmary' in the process. Absolutely fascinated by the patients' stories and the Wigglytuff's reason for helping them, Opel decided to stay and assist the Wigglytuff, who happily took her in as her very first apprentice, saying that "I can always use an extra hand around here! And since you don't have anywhere else to go..."

Appearance: With red hair as short and fluffy as the Pokemon's wool, Opel is a small girl, both lengthwise and width-wise. Donning a wide array of freckles on her face (her entire face, I mean), arms, and even her legs, she finds herself toying around with her tail (the orange bulb on the end, to be exact) whenever there is nothing very specific for her to do. Eyes a shining orange, she has the ears(?) of the Pokemon she portrays, and her legs (and arms) are a bit shorter than usual, hence her height.

Clothing: As a child, Opel Fay wore nothing more than a cheap, white, woolen dress and leather shoes, given to her by her mother to help with chores inside the house. But, since her time at the infirmary, she was given and began wearing a sleeveless tunic, woolen shawl (both much too big for her size), girdle, and black shoes.

Special Abilities:
Thanks to learning the move Cotton Spore, Opel has the ability to create cushions to help soothe the patients of the infirmary, stop any bleeding, and give them a comfortable night's sleep. (Y'know, like pillows.) Also, seeing as Mareeps are able to do this, during the nighttime, her tail glows a bright orange color to help others see in the lack of light. (Thanks a bunch for these, @Jake Acker!)

If there's anything wrong with this, just let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can. I do hope this meets the expectations, though!

Thanks again! :)
Aha, could this be the lucky soul to fill the final slot? :D

I'm inclined to say yes, but I don't know how I feel about Opel's history. First off, it's another character coming from an abusive household, which seems to have become a sort of trend. We must have two already so far. :p

Second, I'm very uncomfortable with her running that far away from home into a FOREST and then surviving only on hazelnuts until she made it to a city (a grand accomplishment, especially for an eight year old). I've always imagined the forest to be the borders of the kingdom, so Opel would have come from outside of the kingdom like a dark immigrant, and traverse a path that would undoubtedly be full of marauders and bandits, since the knights don't quite patrol outside of the path unless needed (since technically it isn't part of the kingdom) and that makes her chances of surviving this journey twice as farfetched.

So instead, I'd suggest this sweet Mareep child to come from an orphanage, if you don't want her parents involved. Perhaps she just showed up on the doorstep Meet the Robinsons style. But of course, this is just me being nit picky.

I did see you take input very well, and amended your post quite a number of times already, so if you amend thone bits of her history, then accepted! :D

Welcome aboard! Kind of.

Now, a big kudos to @EspeonTheBest @Jake Acker and @Blue moon! Thank you so much for your world building! Jake, I adored that you expanded the world from the guard's perspective. Their frat boy lifestyles I found extremely fitting, and I don't think I would have been able to come up with something better than that. And your hints to Salem was greatly appreciated.

Espe, thank you so much for introducing Denver, and for taking my intervention into consideration; showing that Delinquent Town really isn't as violent and crime infested as some would come to imagine. I really appreciate you setting the tone. Really Delinquent Town gets crowded in the night, when people from OUT of the West side come to visit for nightly fun. I imagine some guards and knights would even pop in from time to time to see the shoes and splurge in some gambling. Think a very quiet, seasonal Las Vegas type of place. But you did absolutely splendid showing it in its day time graveyard state. :D

Blue, I want to thank you for those wonderful mentions of Suimera's lore. I couldn't help but grin a little reading them! As I discussed some time ago with Nygenn, Suimera is quite an old kingdom, nearly reaching, if not over a millenia old. I don't mind if you'd like to start slow, in fact, that was purely a suggestion and I'm much happier with what you came up with now. The theft I mentioned was of Diana's belongings in Chrocey's post, in case you missed it.

Also, @Sciencewars I see some improvement in your second post. That's good. Also the mention of the royal family and Lady Alizé in Allen's deck of cards was greatly appreciated. Keep up the improvements. :)

Once again, wonderful job, everyone! Flawless work, except, just one thing that I would like to see fixed, because it was so minor and would make it all the more better! And because it was pretty hilarious.

A single, poisonous horn sprouted from his forehead, and it complemented his scraggly mess of back hair.
I'm quite sure you probably meant black hair, right Espe? :p

oooooh I like this :) my only question is that theres a dance club? In medieval times?
Also, I think Ny was going for more of a saloon type of place where there's a stage for performances, and customers would simply be watching.

Anyway, with this I officially close the rosters until we've established more of the world and events. Although, I am still waiting on @MozzaD and willing to make an exception for writers who I know are up to par.

Last edited:
Alright, so here's the little thing I was working on. After looking around and seeing the type discrimination be such a problem everywhere I got the inspiration for a place outside of Delitown (I hate the name Delinquent Town :p), that would be welcoming to unfortunately types that are willing to do good, as well as other types willing to accept and mix with the darker types in a controlled environment.
Here's what I came up with, let me know what you guys think. If it's usable then I like to just toss it up for anyone/everyone to use as they fancy in their personal stories and entries. All except for the Proprietor that is.

Chrocey for example, if you like the idea of this place you could find a little invitation/business card with the image of a curled up Ninetales in your money bag.

Tales Haven

Exterior Description: From the front, the building stands out from its neighbors, not because of its size but rather its unique architecture. It stands a mere two stories high but seems a lot wilder, as if the gardens rose up to make the building a part of it. The entrance is a large round double door, the building itself is rather narrow and extends more towards the back than the sides. This leaves it seemingly small and fitting in just right with the small shops surrounding it.

The structure is unique compared to other buildings around it, but despite this it is easy to miss. There are many trees and parks strewn throughout the city and Tales Haven just seems to blend right into those.

Above the door hangs a sign with a mark resembling a curled up Ninetales.

Interior Description: The interior is much like one would expect from a hostel. There is an entrance hall with reception desk on the side, immediately continuing into a corridor leading to simple bedrooms and facilities. Across from the reception is a staircase leading up to another floor nearly identical to the one below it.

The interior design of the place is rather warm and more luxurious than one would originally assume. Paintings, a large assortment of plants, both potted and not, and various curtains draped all over give the place a homely, yet exotic feel. There are even actual trees interwoven with the walls, sprouting from the ground and going up through the roof.

On the wall near the receptions an old painting/tapestry depicting a very attractive Ninetales woman.

The Real Treat: Off to the side of the reception desk, around the corner, there is a wide staircase leading down into the ground towards a pair of heavy black doors. Beyond these doors a tunnel continues downwards in a curve until it opens up in a fairly large underground cavern. A staircase hewn from the rock but properly decorated with wood and cloth leads to the cave floor. This entire cave is decked out like a sort of jazz club, but then medival, in that there are tables with seats placed on the outside, with a small dance area free in the middle. Towards the back there is a slightly raised dais with curtains for performances of all sorts. To the side is a support band area, and all the way on the opposite side of the cavern, carved into the rock wall is a large bar that curves halfway around.

The cavern ceiling is a good two to three stories high and it, as well as the walls are covered with tree roots and great curtains and tapestries so as to remove any echoes. Despite the place being underground there is proper ventilation so as to not have the air grow dank and stale. There are many little fox statues scattered about and the entire place is lit up by a multitude of lanterns large and small.

Finally, from the ceiling in the back hangs what can best be described as a skybox, but great plates of wood with intricate patterns cut into them make it nearly impossible to look inside.

Location: Tales Haven is an establishment in one of the oldest districts, closer towards the center of the kingdom. It is located in what used to be one of the main streets, which ends in a relatively large square where many of the festivities were being held. Over the years however, and with the expansion of the city, the main hub for activities, parades and festivals have shifted to newer streets and larger squares that are much more accommodating to such grand events.

The area, once bustling with theaters, taverns, and gambling parlors, has long since mellowed out into a relatively quiet and quint area with little stores, café’s, and hostels, with residential areas surrounding it.

History: The origin of Tales Haven actually dates back to the dawn of the kingdom itself. It is rumored that the original proprietor had not only been part of the exodus that led to the discovery of the vale, but had in fact been a close companion to the first king and was there are the birth of Suimera. Whether such stories are true or not, they certainly add to the mystique of the establishment.

What is undeniably true however, is the fact that throughout its long history the Haven has been destroyed and rebuild numerous times, the last of which occurred soon after the late king’s passing. It was around the time of the sudden surge in type discrimination. The king had been poisoned and tensions were running high. Haven had, as its name suggests, always been a place willing to welcome people of all walks of life and it had paid dearly for that.

The building has since been restored in recent years, but has been closed until a couple of days ago. A new welcome sign was really the only indication that anything had changed at all, so many of the citizens who are used to walking by the place took no notice, but now with the flood of new blood pouring into the kingdom, Tales Haven might yet be rediscovered and flourish once again.

Custodians: Votum Volcris (Kricketune) and Constantia Volcris (Ladian)
Mr. Volcris and Mrs. Volcris, otherwise known as Tumtum and Tia respectively as they like to call each other, are the senior couple somehow managing the place. They would both stand around 4 feet tall if they could still stand up straight, but crooked with age as they are they only reach a little over 3 feet.

The pair are diligent workers, and perform their jobs to the best of their abilities without ever complaining. They work as fast as they can, but when it takes five steps just to turn around you can imagine the patience is a good virtue to have when dealing with this sweet couple. They are open and accepting of everyone no matter what type or background, and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Do not be fooled by their slow gait and aged bodies because both of them possess a sharp mind, sharper tongue, quick wit and have the advantage of experience on their side.

Mr. Volcris, despite his age is master musician of snare instruments in particular, while Mrs. Volcris is arguably one of the best cooks in the kingdom.

Bouncer: Latro Volcris (Scizor)
Latro, or simply ‘Lad’ or ‘Laddie’ as Mr. Volcris calls him, stands almost 6 feet tall, with an athletic build, and a perpetually scowling face. He is somewhere in his mid to late twenties and is the bastard son of the Volcris’ daughter. The girl got tangled up with a punk Scyther who just knocked her up and left. There were complications and the girl did not survive giving birth, so Latro was raised by his grandparents. He was a natural born delinquent. Always fighting and causing trouble and exceptionally good at both. Eventually he bit off more than he could chew and ended up almost dying by having his throat ripper out. He survived, however did lose his vocal cords, along with what little humor her possessed, and has been a scowling mute ever since. As one might expect he sports a horrendous scar along his throat.

Latro became a lot less rowdy and has since dedicated his life to helping out his grandparents wherever he can. He is fiercely protective of the elder Volcris, and a dutiful guardian of their establishment as well as their guests/employees.

Proprietor: Simply known as the Lady, this mysterious figure is not seen around the Haven. She took on the Volcris family to manage her restored establishment instead, with the hopes of having it be what it was always meant to be, a place where everyone could feel safe and free of discrimination and hatred. Now more than ever Tales Haven welcomes those of unfortunately typing looking to break the stigmata.

The idea is neat...but I don't know if I'd personally have Diana go there xP something about a safe haven from discrimination seems a bit too fluffy for my liking. For instance, it seems like the establishment's purpose is to get rid of conflict, and conflict is something I actually enjoy immensely in a roleplay.

I think the concept of it is sweet, but the thought of an actual building that you could go to to not be discriminated against just seems kind of eerie, like some sort of institution or senior living home. A reception desk doesn't really help much to eliminate that feeling.

On the contrary, it would be cool if something sinister were to be brewing with the folks running the building (which I partially thought might be true since the proprietor is presumably Cassie's Lady, lest I be jumping to conclusions). However, if it is simply to be used as a cushion for folks leaving DT, I kind of view it as too much of a crutch.

To reiterate, that is just my personal thoughts concerning how I like to develop my characters.

Other folks might like it. I just feel like if Diana were to go there things would be going too well for her. Plus, right now I imagine she's pretty confident in her ability to make it in the common area, even if she's experienced discrimination. I want her to see this obstacle face-to-face and either prove how resilient she is, or expose some weaknesses.

EDIT:

n fact, it's very possible that the visitors themselves are the ones causing trouble (like taking Diana's bag), but because of the prejudice against Ghosts, Darks, and Poisons, they are immediately the ones pinned for the blame.

I'll address this since her stolen items seem to have been brought up more than once in this discussion thread.

I didn't understand that the people in the town generally behaved in a particular manner. I was trying to apply a more real-world event that would occur if you left your stuff out in the open and unguarded, even in a well-off neighborhood. I'll try to make it a little more disney-esque with the citizens from here on out, aside from the discrimination part of course.

In terms of the specific case of Diana's stolen belongings, I actually had an idea earlier on how to show who stole them and why, so it isn't just a nameless thief or an act of speciesism.

Last edited:
The idea is neat...but I don't know if I'd personally have Diana go there xP something about a safe haven from discrimination seems a bit too fluffy for my liking. For instance, it seems like the establishment's purpose is to get rid of conflict, and conflict is something I actually enjoy immensely in a roleplay.

I think the concept of it is sweet, but the thought of an actual building that you could go to to not be discriminated against just seems kind of eerie, like some sort of institution or senior living home. A reception desk doesn't really help much to eliminate that feeling.

On the contrary, it would be cool if something sinister were to be brewing with the folks running the building (which I partially thought might be true since the proprietor is presumably Cassie's Lady, lest I be jumping to conclusions). However, if it is simply to be used as a cushion for folks leaving DT, I kind of view it as too much of a crutch.

To reiterate, that is just my personal thoughts concerning how I like to develop my characters.

Other folks might like it. I just feel like if Diana were to go there things would be going too well for her. Plus, right now I imagine she's pretty confident in her ability to make it in the common area, even if she's experienced discrimination. I want her to see this obstacle face-to-face and either prove how resilient she is, or expose some weaknesses.

EDIT:

I'll address this since her stolen items seem to have been brought up more than once in this discussion thread.

I didn't understand that the people in the town generally behaved in a particular manner. I was trying to apply a more real-world event that would occur if you left your stuff out in the open and unguarded, even in a well-off neighborhood. I'll try to make it a little more disney-esque with the citizens from here on out, aside from the discrimination part of course.

In terms of the specific case of Diana's stolen belongings, I actually had an idea earlier on how to show who stole them and why, so it isn't just a nameless thief or an act of speciesism.
Heh, Nygenn is just so overprotective isn't he? :p

All joking aside, you don't have to worry about this roleplay growing too tame. We're just starting off nice and clean so the transitions will have more impact. You know. Before all hell breaks loose. A shit storm isn't quite a shit storm when there's shit already flying around everywhere now is it? :D

Since we've gathered the players now, just do what you do and we'll be here, guiding you through.

It's gonna be good, I promise.

I fully agree with you, and a part of me hopes that most people will find their own way to deal withthings, but at the same time I thought it would be cool for such a place to exist at least. Imagine it a sort of gay bar in a homophobic society. It shows that at least someone is willing to address the discrimination. Just because it's there however, does not mean you should feel obligated to make use of it. Just know it's an option if you ever feel a need for something like it.

Besides that, it would make great waves if the place got burned down in future conflicts... again... 8)

It greatly depends on where in the world you are imagining. In Japan your stuff would be completely safe out in the street. Int he Netherlands it's the location you put your stuff that makes all the difference. Then there are places where the people would leave you alone but the officials would take your things, and some places don't even bother waiting for you to leave your stuff unguarded.

Also a fun fact, Walt Disney was a known racist :D

Also, I think Ny was going for more of a saloon type of place where there's a stage for performances, and customers would simply be watching.
Yes! And thank you. Saloon! That was the word I was looking for, but couldn't find in my sleep deprived mind.
-

Folding them out, he noticed artistic renditions of two Dragonite, the king and queen, as well as a Pyroar and what appeared to be a dog-like pokemon that Allen couldn't quite put his finger on dotting the cards.
Allow me a small correction. The queen is actually a Milotic, and should be known for her beauty, which is in fact a large part of how she managed to keep things running without a king all these years. It also shows that the spouse of the king does not have to be of the dratini line by definition, technically any species that can conceive a child with the ruling monarch can be made king or queen, which in Salem's case would mean either the Dragon, or Water 1 egg groups. I'm sorry if we neglected to mention that before.

For the rest, I have to say that this entry of yours is a great improvement on what you wrote before. In particular I want to point out that I liked how you did the card trick. You could have just made it seem like the magic act it really is, but you are either familiar with card tricks or looked up how these kind of tricks usually work. Either way, it was a great inclusion. I hope you keep growing like this.

"Here, in Sumeria, right where we have arrived," she concluded, standing up once more to braid her long silvery blond hair "If that lost wanderer could find a home in this place, why can't we?"
Did you mean to say Sumeria, or is that just a mistype?

Also, I just realized something that would affect you somewhat Blue moon. Pen and I have just sorta assumed that not all Pokémon can breed with each other as it is in the games. They would have to be of compatible egg groups, but now I see that maybe not everyone agrees with this. What are the thoughts on this?

For the most part it wouldn't change anything so far, except for Blue moon because it would mean that it is actually impossible for a Jynx to be the biological mother of a Mawile (can still be an adoptive one of course, that she took the child away from her real father in order to protect her).

So what do people say? Is this something we like to keep in this world of ours, and do we just throw it aside and say that anything can produce children no matter of type incompatibilities?

Last edited:
Allow me a small correction. The queen is actually a Milotic, and should be known for her beauty, which is in fact a large part of how she managed to keep things running without a king all these years.
I was basing it on the original king and Queen, which was said in the first post to be both Dragonite. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Also, I really didn't think about egg groups when writing my entry. Just so happens that Drifblim and Chandulure are in the same group \_(",)_/

I fully agree with you, and a part of me hopes that most people will find their own way to deal withthings, but at the same time I thought it would be cool for such a place to exist at least. Imagine it a sort of gay bar in a homophobic society. It shows that at least someone is willing to address the discrimination. Just because it's there however, does not mean you should feel obligated to make use of it. Just know it's an option if you ever feel a need for something like it.

Besides that, it would make great waves if the place got burned down in future conflicts... again... 8)

It greatly depends on where in the world you are imagining. In Japan your stuff would be completely safe out in the street. Int he Netherlands it's the location you put your stuff that makes all the difference. Then there are places where the people would leave you alone but the officials would take your things, and some places don't even bother waiting for you to leave your stuff unguarded.

Also a fun fact, Walt Disney was a known racist :D

Yes! And thank you. Saloon! That was the word I was looking for, but couldn't find in my sleep deprived mind.
-

Allow me a small correction. The queen is actually a Milotic, and should be known for her beauty, which is in fact a large part of how she managed to keep things running without a king all these years. It also shows that the spouse of the king does not have to be of the dratini line by definition, technically any species that can conceive a child with the ruling monarch can be made king or queen, which in Salem's case would mean either the Dragon, or Water 1 egg groups. I'm sorry if we neglected to mention that before.

For the rest, I have to say that this entry of yours is a great improvement on what you wrote before. In particular I want to point out that I liked how you did the card trick. You could have just made it seem like the magic act it really is, but you are either familiar with card tricks or looked up how these kind of tricks usually work. Either way, it was a great inclusion. I hope you keep growing like this.

Did you mean to say Sumeria, or is that just a mistype?

Also, I just realized something that would affect you somewhat Blue moon. Pen and I have just sorta assumed that not all Pokémon can breed with each other as it is in the games. They would have to be of compatible egg groups, but now I see that maybe not everyone agrees with this. What are the thoughts on this?

For the most part it wouldn't change anything so far, except for Blue moon because it would mean that it is actually impossible for a Jynx to be the biological mother of a Mawile (can still be an adoptive one of course, that she took the child away from her real father in order to protect her).

So what do people say? Is this something we like to keep in this world of ours, and do we just throw it aside and say that anything can produce children no matter of type incompatibilities?
About the breeding, I believe that we should perhaps make some exceptions but not deviate too far from the egg groups set out. For example a oddish should not be able to breed with a pidgey but perhaps for things like a Jynx and a Mawile (two humanoid Pokemon) we could make an exception?

Thank you very much for the constructive criticism. Again, it has been updated. Just tell me if something else doesn't tickle your fancy, alright?
That looks better. :)
Added to the list.

About the breeding, I believe that we should perhaps make some exceptions but not deviate too far from the egg groups set out. For example a oddish should not be able to breed with a pidgey but perhaps for things like a Jynx and a Mawile (two humanoid Pokemon) we could make an exception?
They would all be humanoid here, though. :D
I'm thinking it'd be a lot simpler to just follow through with the egg groups, though, perhaps an exception that Nygenn managed to dig up earlier would be Nidoqueen, since supposedly she's in the Undiscovered egg group, and would not be able to breed at all (like genderless legendaries) despite her pokedex entries mentioning her trait as being fiercely protective of her offspring.

Oooh yay, @~Principessa~Phantom~ you were accepted! Yay! Now I was wondering if you still were liking the idea of Opel and Abel being related somehow. Again, it really doesn't matter if you don't care for the idea, which is perfectly fine, I was just wondering how they might be related if we so choose to associate them with one another.

I must say, I absolutely ADORE the amount of thought you put into the world building. I have never seen a roleplay with this amount of thought, maybe excluding DT, put into it.

It's amazing how a group of people can agree on so many things and make it go well. Honestly, even if this doesn't take off (I doubt that), I'll still be amazed.

Oooh yay, @~Principessa~Phantom~ you were accepted! Yay! Now I was wondering if you still were liking the idea of Opel and Abel being related somehow. Again, it really doesn't matter if you don't care for the idea, which is perfectly fine, I was just wondering how they might be related if we so choose to associate them with one another.
Abel could be a cousin or uncle, that Opel fled towards when running away from home. Abel would know about how bad her parents are then and not force her to go back. She'd also have a place to stay in the city.

I must say, I absolutely ADORE the amount of thought you put into the world building. I have never seen a roleplay with this amount of thought, maybe excluding DT, put into it.
I actually haven't seen much world building in DT to be honest. The setting doesn't really allow for it much.

Hey. Sorry for being very quiet, I'm working on a post (I worked on it last night too, but I fell asleep. It's almost like my body needs sleep...) that should be up today. I'll also try and squeeze out a post for DT if possible.

Anyways...
Because I'm too lazy to go back and quote everything, I'm very happy that post went over well (Though I'm sure you've heard this many times already from me), Thanks for the accolades :D

Speaking of accolades, you all are doing amazing work! It's all so good! I especially enjoyed Jake's post ("Orgy of evidence"...Heh.)

And finally, Opel seems like another diversifying member of the cast, can't wait to see her in action ^^

Can't wait to make her shock Gerald in action. ^^

Lol

Thank you very much for accepting her, though, and for all the compliments! :D I'll work on her intro after school!

Oh, and @EspeonTheBest, yes, I still like the idea! How they're related is up to you, alright?