• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

• Total voters

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Easy enough. What version will you be picking up?

Omega Ruby for me, cuz I like red and my brother went for Alpha Sapphire. Happy playing! ;)

Last edited:

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I voted both, because I will eventually get both versions. But I'm going to get Alpha Sapphire first, simply because I've only ever had Ruby.

Having originally bought Ruby, I will be starting with Omega Ruby and eventually buying Alpha Sapphire, so I voted for both.

Honestly, I don't think that we have sufficient information in regards to version differences to be able to make a proper choice on this matter. Everyone will pick one either because it is a remake of their old Gen III game, or it is a remake of the opposite version that they never had.

That being said, I am settled on
OmegaRuby for the time being based on one of the above reasons: it is a remake of the opposite version of what I had(Sapphire).

I chose Alpha Sapphire because it was the game I first choose for gen3 and it brings back memories ^^(Plus I love Kyogre but that doesn't mean i don't like Groudon neither XP) but in the future when it comes out I could later one buy Omega Ruby :p

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Alpha Sapphire for me. Version differences be damned. Kyogre is my favorite Legendary, Sapphire is my favorite Pokemon game, so for me the answer is a no-brainer.

I'll be getting Omega Ruby as Ruby was the game I originally got when Gen III was first released. :)
I would choose the Alpha Sapphire because originally Kyogre would beat Groudon's Ass side to side:).

Well obviously I would choose alpha because of its legendary Pokemon and the fact that when the original Sapphire was out I was really satisfied with it. It was also my 4th Pokemon game for me.Though I think Pokemon really ran out of ideas becoz I mean rely a key Pokemon and a flower Pokemon(not to sunflora or any other Pokemon before the X and Y Generation).So they'Re making remakes of the actually the bestselling game of Pokemon game's franchise.So alpha sapphire it is then!

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
All depends on what they do with the plot. If the storyline does the stupid thing I suspect it will do and reverts to Ruby/Sapphire's I suspect I'll go with Alpha Sapphire because compared to Ruby, Sapphire's plot made some vague degree of sense. If it keeps the Emerald changes and does something post-Emerald storyline... then it all depends on the version differences and what they might do with them. Either way, far too early to form an opinion yet.

... Assuming I'm even going to get the damn games. Lack of 3DS and the existence of higher priorities money-ways kind of throws a wrench in that. XP

Both, one digital and one cartridge. ^_^ I'm not sure which one will be which, though-- I might go sapphire digital and play it first at midnight, and then get the ruby cart for later. It depends on how the plot goes and what pokemon are available, and whether or not I can trade a bunch of bred pokemon over from XY.

It depends on what pokemon are available in which version and which one my friend picks. We've always had this sort of rivalry between us since we were kids, I'd always pick a starter and coincidentally he'd get the one stronger to it; I'd pick... say, Diamond, he'd get Pearl, etc.

For now, I think I'll play AS first because I lose my original Sapphire cartridge when my step sister stole it and sold it for money for her purse (DIDN'T EVEN GET TO FINISH IT THAT LITTLE). But yeah, also because I feel like I'd be in more danger from drowning than I would from getting a sunburn. Also because I played Y last time, and I kind of want to bounce back and forth between the "warmer" and "colder" colors (Black and Black 2 being the exceptions). I just hope that the stories will be different enough so that it won't be too much like the originals either way.

I'm going to think it's safe to assume that the two versions will have specifics based from their GEN III counterparts, so I went ahead and voted Alpha Sapphire. However, I'm going to wait a while to see version exclusive Pokemon and things like that before I finalize my decision. As others have been saying, there seems to be not enough information out to decide completely.

As far as I'm aware exclusives have stayed the same throughout the remakes minus the removal of Mankey and Meowth as version exclusives in FireRed/LeafGreen. And I don't see anything outside maybe Mawile and Sableye changing as exclusives so I'd imagine they'll be the same. I'd rather know the story to see which version makes the most sense. Based off of exclusives I'd prefer OmegaRuby just due to Zangoose and Mawile. I have equal liking to the legendaries and the Lotad and Seedot lines, I think Lunatone is the only Sapphire exclusive I prefer.

I'm thinking Alpha Sapphire, as I always wanted to play Pokemon Sapphire. I like the idea of a team that made sense, as there are plenty of Water types and having more room for them in the region is a decent idea to form a opposing team around.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I voted 'Both' as I'll end up owning both games just because I always do. I like having one as my main game, and the other for when I feel like replaying.

I'll get Omega Ruby first though, and it'll be my main game. Doesn't matter what differences or version exclusives it ends up having, Ruby was my first Gen III game and the game that caused me to fall in love with my little old Pokemon called Thunderdog, so easy choice for me :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
@Magpie if possible, you should send Thunderdog to your Omega Ruby. That way it could have traveled to Hoenn after a long journey through time and space from Hoenn. This is the first time we can actually send Pokemon to the same region from a different generation after all! :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@Magpie if possible, you should send Thunderdog to your Omega Ruby. That way it could have traveled to Hoenn after a long journey through time and space from Hoenn. This is the first time we can actually send Pokemon to the same region from a different generation after all! :D
I can! It shall be done! What an awesome thought :halo:

I'm definitely planning on getting both versions so I can try all of the different version exclusives for each of them. The only thing I'm trying to consider now though is whether to buy hard copies or E-Shop digital copies

I'm definitely planning on getting both versions so I can try all of the different version exclusives for each of them. The only thing I'm trying to consider now though is whether to buy hard copies or E-Shop digital copies

Im going to be getting both as well, but I'm probably gonna get hard copies. I got eshop copies for X/Y, and i regretted it. Nothing was wrong with them, I just like to have the games in hand better than just a downloaded copy

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'll most definitely be picking up both at launch but I'll likely purchase Omega Ruby digitally (and play through it first) and Alpha Sapphire physically. I did the same with Pokemon X and Y (bought X physically and Y digitally) and it worked perfectly for my needs.

I like having one as my main game, and the other for when I feel like replaying.

Exactly the same reason that I always buy both versions. I'll most definitely be playing through those remakes multiple times over. Like Magpie, Omega Ruby will be treated as my "main game" (simply because I played Ruby first and therefore feel that it's only proper to play Omega Ruby first as well) while Alpha Sapphire will be freely abused for my various replays. :)

I've just had a thought. We may get some cool Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire 3DS's. If they're XL's like I think they will, then that may factor into which one I get as I've yet to upgrade to an XL. I tried one at Game and much preferred it to my regular 3DS but never had the money to upgrade (still don't but my birthday is creeping up and that means birthday money ;D)

Omega Ruby for me, no two ways about it. I am with Groudon all the way. Either way, I hope there is some way to get X and Y Pokémon to O Ruby and A Sapphire.

I am getting both most likely three copies 2 alpha Sapphires and 1 Omega Ruby simply because well I have a boredom issue. I love erasing my file in Pokemon and then start over so it annoys me. Does anyone else have this issue lol

voted for omega ruby because ruby was my 2nd pokemon game (1st being soul silver) so I would love my 2nd favorite pokemon game to be remastered :)

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hey people, just wanted to say something. I will be closing this after OR/AS come out. If I don't do it, could Teapot or somebody please lock it? Thanks.

Happy playing!;)

hard question, ive lost my trust in both with the new megas and im less interested and WAY less excited. id probably get OR or if they make it a emerald remake when thats out

Any one that will have a Natu.:? Which, last time I checked, original Ruby and Sapphire both did at the safari zone. So, I might just go with Omega, because I like Groudon. :arr:

Getting Omega Ruby on the hunch that Latios is gonna be in it much like the original Ruby version. Apart from that, the other version exclusives are easy enough to snag via Wifi. Depending on how good the game is, I might get Alpha Sapphire and do a Nuzlocke, since this region is where that craze began.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I'm going to get both, but Omega Ruby's the game I'm going to prioritize in.
I had sapphire first, so why not a change?