• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Oh VS Seeker, where art thou?

I just wanted to post this to see if I am the only one who misses the VS Seeker. I couldn't believe it when the VS Seeker was no where to be seen anymore, I miss the days of FireRed and LeafGreen when I'd use it to train up my Pokemon. I loved seeing the opposition trainer's Pokemon grow stronger, as this gave the game more depth, I felt.

So do other people miss it? Do you think they will bring it back in later games? To me, aside from the metagame, it was one of the best parts of my in-game experience.

I'd have to agree, it was useful to grind up some teams once EV trained, wanting more flexibility than being trapped at the Elite Four for a while. At the very least, it was good to get some extra cash by targeting the right trainers. As for the depth of going against developing opponents, I must admit I never thought of it that way. I would like the VS Seeker to return, but I think with the advent of flowing EXP such as in Kalos, it might not really be necessary.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I will admit that over time I'd somewhat forgotten about the thing but thinking back on it now, I rather do miss it. Or did miss it before the Battle Chateau became a thing. The Battle Court and Stadium in Unova were nice but not nearly as helpful as the VS Seeker had previously been for level grinding and money making. The freedom of being able to rechallenge a massive amount of trainers whenever you felt it, as much as you wanted, was very much appreciated.

I too also enjoyed rechallenging certain trainers over and over and admiring how their teams developed and grew in strength overtime. It felt like they were developing alongside my own. :)

I miss it quite a lot. The Battle Chateau doesn't quite cut it for me either, because for me at least when ever I'm training higher level Pokemon the place is ridden with lowly Barons/Baronesses but as soon as I try training lower level Pokemon everyone seems to be Dukes/Duchesses

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I miss the poke seeker a lot. More than I should. I used to run around and face everyone over and over again, especially in Pokemon pearl. (That dude on the route to sunny shore city with a prugly was like my exp dude. He gave a lot of cash too.)
The only thing I like in the battle chateau is those people who have audinos. It's easy to level up Pokemon that way.

I think it'll come back, in the form it was originally; which is with the pokenav and a small icon that warns you that they're cruising for another bruising. I'll cry if we never get the chance to fight Wally again.