• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Shiny Pokemon Thread

I did get a shiny Pichu in my Crystal version ( hatched egg) named Electra
A shiny Smeargle in my Soul Silver named Pikasso
A shiny Beautyfly in my Ruby named Wormy
A shiny Loppuny in my Platinum named Rabbit
And a shiny Gyarados named Gyarados in Soul Silver too! ( the one in Crystal I traded to get my Pichu back ..)
* EDITING TIME*
I also now caught a shiny Panpour named AquaChimp in X, and a shiny Charmander named Charlote in the same game!! ( It will become a BEAUTYFULL shiny Charizard soon enough!)

Last edited:
I had a fake leafgreen when I was a kid and actually caught a shiny grimer and phanpy in the game, only to delete itself alongside other strong pokemon I had. Then I found a shiny snover in diamond only to lose the game the same day.

Now leaving the sad stories behind I caught a shiny bronzor in Platinum and named it Shiny (how original), 2 hoothoots in heart gold, loudred in ruby, and mienshao and cottonee in white.

As for x and y, my first there was a shiny yanma in x and then scraggy in y, then while chain fishing I caught a octillery, corsola, and magikarp (fun story I was meaning to catch like a gyarados or sharpedo but I accidentally used the old rod and found magikarp). I've been attempting to get shiny mawile and pumpkaboo through masuda method but so far no luck, but while hatching competitive solosis a shiny one hatched after 27 eggs. I laughed so hard.

pokemon x is my biggest curse ever! in other pokemon games i had like 1-3 boxes full of shinies but now in pokemon x i have none! i have hatched over 700 noibats the last two days via masuda method and i have gotten NONE! no shinies! why oh ? it is so painful. well i will now go back and breed another 500 pokes to get that damn shiny noivern....

does anyone have luck that's as bad as mine?

Last edited:
The only shiny I ever had where a Shiny Cyndaquil breeded in Pokemon Gold (of course it took over 50 eggs) and a Shiny Zubat in Diamond.

Last edited:
I just got a shiny yanma yesterday in pokemon x.
I was looking for a hidden ability yanma and a hidden ability Houndour, and then when I used sweet scent i saw a shiny yanma and I got surprised and said 'HOLY!' My friend didnt believe me till he saw it.

My first ever shiny was in Platinum, when I found a Shiny Buneary. I caught it, not knowing what it was, but I knew it was different. I ended up restarting the game. Next playthrough, I found a Shiny Buneary. Restarted. Found a Shiny Buneary. I ended up thinking it was hardcoded into the game for about 6 months.

Then I found a shiny Abomasnow in Platinum as well, but I did end up restarting it so I lost all of those Shinies.

Didn't find another shiny until Black 2, where I found a shiny Watchog after beating the game.

In Y, I've caught a Shiny Pachirisu (Random Encounter), Shiny Skrelp (Now Dragalge), and Shiny Red-Striped Basculin.

I REALLY want a Shiny Beldum line, a Shiny Pancham, and/or a Shiny Skorupi.

EDIT: Just got a Shiny Magikarp in Y.

Last edited:
My first shiny was a machop that I caught at mt.coronet it evolved into the green machoke (hulk XD) and I caught an other green shiny that was shiny oddish in ruby that I transferred to pearl.Then on a horrible night I was in the safari area in pearl hunting for a kangaskkan and I found a shiny yanma.That ran away! it was horrible.Then in a few years my pearl game was sadly destroyed killing all my shinies.Later now in pokemon Y I got shiny Gyarados(I have like two in Pearl because of soulsilver...) and a shiny tentacruel.I still want that shiny Yanma :(.
Edit: Found a shiny Electivire that is from a friend safari and a shiny jigglypuff that I randomly found :)

Last edited:
I've been very lucky in my latest play through of X. Currently I've found
2x Gulpin
Scraggy
2x Psyduck
2x Hoppip (only could catch 1, damn horde!)
Whismur
Nosepass
Stunky
Mime jr
Klefki
Foongus

I'm happiest about getting the Klefki, I didn't even sweet scent, just took a detour to get the super rod
also on Y last week I found a jigglypuff, my luck on Y is nowhere near as good as X.

a few months ago i did the encounter o-power friend safari technique in someone's fighting-type safari with Machoke, Pancham and Breloom, praying that if i found a shiny it would be a Breloom - a shiny i've longed for ever since Ruby - and after around two hours of running around i found one! i freaked out a lot. so my first shiny in X and my last since HG was a beautiful female shiny Breloom named Amanita with good IVs and a good nature ♥

Finally my MM breeding has payed off! Got my shiny Eevee, male !! ♥ Its now a beautiful Sylveon! ^-^
And only a little hour later, I was just leftover breeding some pokémon I got over trading with randoms passerby's. I got a shiny Cottonee, which is also male!
And I have never realized how it looks like as a shiny Whimsicott, and it's pretty as well! Luckily for me it's one of my FEW favorites from that gen. except the starter Snivy :33
1525169_236768603159520_1643572697_n.jpg

1526238_236799469823100_772314106_n.jpg

(been listening to this ever since http://24hoursofhappy.com/ )

I have a Shiny Gulpin on Pokemon Emerald. I also found Shiny Tailow, Ralts and Zigzagoon, but I killed them by mistake. ;_;
I would like to have Shiny Volcarona, Hydreigon and Clawitzer :)

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I found a shiny Combee last night, but it just so happened to be male. ;_; The biggest of trolls. I'm still going to train him to possibly play some kind of support role, though. I named him Blanco.:)

I neglected to say this before: I did encounter a Shiny Pokemon in Soulsilver(other than Gyarados!). It is a Shiny Nidorino. I do not remember if I caught it like that, or if I evolved it. Either way, I remember having about 20 Master Balls saved up from other save files and playthroughs. I happened to have some of those in Soulsilver at the time, and when I encountered this particular Pokemon, the Master Balls were the only Pokeballs I had on me at the time.

So you can guess what happened.

EDIT: Also, I just now encountered my first Shiny Pokemon in Kalos! It was a Foongus in a Horde, caught with a Nest Ball.

Last edited:
I haven't posted in Pokecharms for ages. @_@

But, I hatched 2 Shiny Meowth last month on my X, they're both twins with everything the same but ability =3

They have 4 Egg Moves, in Dream Ball.
I was breeding competitively ^^

My other Shiny Pokemon were: Charmander, Cottonee and Electrike.

I had the Shiny Charm, so it increased my chances =]

As soon as I went from the main menu to the game when playing Y today, I took 1 step. Wild Pokemon encounter, Shiny Haunter. I attacked it with Carnivine. Leaf Tornado barely did anything, so I went for Feint Attack.

Critical Hit, down to a tiny bit of red health. I nearly had a heart attack. But, it has been caught, making it my second Shiny Pokemon to be caught in Pokemon Y. (Still without a Shiny Charm).

My first legitimate shiny was in Pokemon White 2. Yeah, I know, not too long ago, but I never really cared too much. I was catching all the legendaries after the main game, and my cresselia just happened to be shiny and I got so excited I used my master ball.

First one aside from the red Gyarados was a Magby hatched in Silver. In Crystal I caught a Raticate. Then came the dry spell 'til X. I've caught a Doduo and bred a Duskull so far.

I HAVE SEEN FUCKING SHINY YVELTAL AND ZYGARDE
I was in a link trade with a player who was able to hack the game and disable the shiny lock
In both pokemon the black parts (and yveltal's gray mane) become white
He also hacked to obtain diancie and shiny diancie
Shiny diancie has black instead of white
He did not have xerneas, but I assume it also has black swapped out for white like yveltal and zygarde
Finally, shiny mega eon duo (both look the same mega) are green

Corion

Formerly Stewie
I should probably post something...
2nd and 3rd gen. I had no luck. But 4th gen...
In my Diamond version I found a shiny Budew that is still on my team today. Her name is Fulva after a poisonous flower or something. In Platinum I got a shiny Starly and Rhyhorn which I have traded away to friends. Gen. 5 I got a Shiny Clefable and a Metang I have traded away as well. Nothing so far in Gen 6... yet.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
20140515_125926.jpg
Well, hopped into a Friend Safari to catch a female Druddigon in a Net Ball and encountered this little lady :D Nearly died, I haven't found a shiny since Diamond :') Yay for the Shiny Charm I got for completing the 'Dex! xD

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Annnnnnnnd just found a shiny Eevee ^^;

Again, it was in a Friend Safari so I'm guessing there must be a higher chance? But yay! Shiny Eevee :')
Yep. Friend Safari's have a higher Shiny rate than normal. Yet I only JUST got a Shiny from a Friend Safari. My Shiny Aipom! Still don't have a name for it. :l

this was not my first at all, but i was rock smashing in x and y for an old amber, and then...
FRIGGIN.
SHINY.
DWEEBLE.
After that I Stopped hunting for an old amber, and raised my dwebble to a crustle. :D

I have had shiny:
Mew!!! (hacked by someone else)
Zigzagoon (evolved into Linoone)
Goldeen (but didn't realize it was shiny til looked in Dex) >=O;_; GRRRRRR....
Karrablast
Escavalier
Drowzee
Greninja (had 2 trd back tho.)
Umbreon (but trd parrtner turned off)
And others (but i forgot.):'|

ok so other than red gyarados, i dont think I've bred any shinies, but I remember one time I was replaying emerald and messing around in rusturf tunnel and ran across a shiny whismur (which i promptly spammed with great balls until I got it).

Also, just recently I caught a shiny swadloon in a friend safari ^_^ -cough @Linkachu cough-

A few years back, I was playing Pokemon Crystal (I like the original games better than the newer ones). Anyway, I started off with a kick ass Totodile and needed a fire-type to round my team out, so I settled on catching a Growlithe. I KO'd the first one I ran into, but the next one that appeared was shiny :D caught him with a great ball before he had a chance to roar me out of the battle lol

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I have a few shiny Pokémon in my possession.
My favourites are Bulbasaur, Vaporeon, Hitmontop and my precious Starmie.

I've ran into things like shiny Ratata and Pidgeys but at the time, I didn't even know what a shiny was!
So I often KO'd them and pressed forward in my adventures when I was a kid.

I also have the shiny Gyarados. I know it's not very impressive but I love the thing!
I've always wanted a shiny female Eevee because it's so mega uber rare.
...And I wouldn't say no to a shiny Porygon ---- Eiiii, Pory's~! <33

I have the shiny final evolutions of each kanto starter.
I got a shiny Onix in Fire Red.
Shiny poochyena in Ruby.
Shiny Electabuzz, Gyarados and Tyranitar.
I have found a shiny pidgey and ratatta but both failed to capture due to having now pokeballs. I still can't believe I saw those two in the same game apparently I'm extremely lucky with shinies in Fire Red.
And also a shiny hoothoot in gold. But I also couldn't catch it.

My first shiny encounter was a Shiny barboach in mt cornet I was surprised I found a shiny in one encounter I caught it because I knew what shinys were already. Sadly I deleted the file. Then while I was using poke radar hunting for a baltoy. Then a wild shiny ponyta appeared. I got surprised and was very happy then a few days later a shiny wurmple was found in a honey tree. Then I deleted the file and on my third file I found a shiny magikarp while fishing at the resort. Then while I was playing my friends silver I found a shiny tentacool and caught it.

Then on my black 2 while I was in chargestone cave I found a shiny joltik and was very happy. Then I found a shiny azurill with shiny charm. Then on my black I was fishing at the dragonspiral tower when I found a shiny dragonair. Then on my heart gold in mt silver I find a shiny quagsire I was surprised also. Then my Pokémon Y I find in the beginning of the game after 5 encounters looking for a pidgey. I find a green pidgey im thinking its a bit different and it sparkles. I was very surprised. 2 days later im looking for a tailow when I find a shiny wingull in a horde. Then I find several more shinys in my file.