• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Shiny Pokemon Thread

The only shinies I have (so far) are Flygon, Umbreon, Charizard, Swampert, and Red Gyarados (of course.) I might have another but i'm to lazy to go and check xD

Well, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it, but I managed to capture a shiny Manectric on my Emerald cartridge. I like its design, and the yellow goes really well with black. And yes, this was legit, not a cheat (I could never get that code on there anyway.).

omfg! i just saw a shiny zigzagoon,the you know the one we have to beat up to save pr.birch in emerald iml ike no!!!!!!! it cant be it's my first pokemon battle how can it be shiny?!

I can't believe how many shinys you guys get. I don't even knew shinys existed until generation 4, and the only time I've seen shinys in-game was when I used a cheats in pokemon diamond that turned wild pokemon into shiny if I holded certain button (I don't do this kind of thing anymore. It's not really worthsome if it's adquired by cheats) (Note: When I played Soul Silver the screen would freeze regularly. After some time it started to freeze every two times I passed through a door or alike. After the battle agains't the ghost Gym Leader the game permanently froze. That's why I didn't get the Shiny Gyarados). But I remenber my favorite pokemon in diamond being a Shiny Ponyta I caught (cheats). My cousin also liked so much that ponyta that asked me to caught a Shiny Ponyta for him, which I traded for him in exchange for a Magikarp that I later released (The trade was simply because I couldn't simple give the Ponyta to him. So he caught the pokemon that would appear regardless of where he was: Magikarp). Just now I noticed that today I didn't ended no post with Ciao.

my very first shiny was a shiny lotad on emerald rom -_-' i was looking for a female ralts on route 102 i think (the one between oldale and petalburg) a female because something made me think that only female can evolve lolz :p so im looking to complete my dex and kaboom!! a lotad! ZOMG THIS ONE IS SPARKLY AND ALL PURPLE!!! because my pokes were around 60, i merely hold myself not to throw a masterball on it ;D instead i used an ultra ball. it's now a shiny ludicolo that helped me conquer the e4 and it has the right to rest a bit 'cause i still have battle frontier to do ;)

my very first shiny was in diamond and i had beat the 1 gym and was walking in eternia forest with cheryl and when i walked through the grass i found a shiny wumple my cousin was sitting right next to me and he didnt know wat shinys were and it was purple it was kewl,today its a dustox lv100

my first shiny was a shiny gyarados. My first random shiny that I randomly found was a geodude. I was dumb and made it fully evolve. It now looks like a big ball of poo with arms and legs....-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
My first shiny that Ive ever seen was on my brother's Leaf Green game. It was a Metapod.Well, heres the Kicker. It was silver :o Him kept yelling at him to catch it. But he didnt >:( but a few years later, i was looking up shinies, and i remember the "shiney" Well i looked it up and shiney Metapods are ORANGE. :o :o ???
Anyways second shiney i saw was a Drowzee. IN LEAF GREEN >:( >:(. I caught it (my bro gave LG away to me) so :D. then I traded it over to FR ( shiney Nidorino in safrai zone). then i restrated LG. i was going to catch Zapdos and then BAM!!!! shiney Magneton. All my pokemon were level 50 or over and it was like 31. I kwew one attack it was dead. So i blew all my ultra balls on it that were for zapdos. (caught it on the second to last one ;D ;D)
After LG, pearl i hd found a shiney casscon. then it was SS and gyarados. then a few days ago i came across a shiney Rattata. caught it.
the shineys i want would be Rampardos FTW, Blaziken, the Porygon Family cuz they remind me of cotton candy YUUUUUUM. After looking at the Unova 'mons i have decided shines Victinis, Scolipedes, and Whimiscotts are legit.

My Crystal days are kinda foggy, but i don't think i found any shinies...
My bro killed the red gyara weni let him play even tho i told him 2 catch it >_<
No shinies in ruby/emerald/FR
Then I get diamond. Still, nothing....
I get sick of Pokemon and stop playing. Pick it up and start again about a yr ltr and wattya no a shiny!!! bidoof.... (i ended up trading it)
Then i stopped again and started again another year ltr. Then i found a shiny machop yaaaaay!!!! (still in caught form im too lazy 2 trade it 2 HG atm >.>)
The ones iv gotten in trades are lickilicky (non-legit i presume judgin it was caught at lvl100...) and weavile (legit i believe) Iv ev trained the weavile and i luv it!!!
I want a shiny typhlosion, emboar, charizard, zoroark, and pretty much vry shiny tht looks cool ;D

I have caught a Shiny Marill on, I think, Emerald or Ruby. I let it evolve, and I liked it's other color better :(
Of course there's the red gyrados from those johto games.
My cousin traded me a green golbat named "snot" -_-'

My only ever Shiny was a Beedrill in Silver. At the time, I was only about 6, so I didn't see the differance. How things are different now. lD

My first Shiny was a green Zubat in Ruby that I later evolved to Crobat in Platinum. I got a shiny Bidoof and Rattatta, the Bidoof from Platinum but I seem to have lost the little bugger. The Rattatta was from Soulsilver that I traded for a level 42 Raikou at an Anime Convention. That's about it for shiny encounters but I am trying to breed some shinies from a Japanese Ditto and my Lucario, then I want a shiny Eevee. So many eggs...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Update: A couple of days ago I've encountered (and captured) a shiny Graveler in Emerald. He has a gentle nature, which means he won't be getting much use, but I named him Taalo and he will someday become a Golem. I kinda always wanted a Golem and a shiny one is a nice bonus. XD

I've captured a fair few Shiny Pokemon in the past, all of which were in Hoenn back in Gen 3, but this Christmas I managed to nab two new Shinies in the span of three days. ♥ Currently keeping my Shiny Luxio, and I gave away my Shiny Wurmple to Carmen for helping me test out my wifi ^^

The first and only shiny I've ever caught (not counting the Red Gyrados in HGold and SSilver) was a shiny Raticate on Pokemon Pearl. Unfortunately, I've lost my copy of Pearl since then...

Also, just saw a picture of shiny Drifblim in the top-right corner, and it looks very weird!

only shineys ive ever caught are a shiney spinda a shiney growlith and a shiney tentacool....the one shiney im dying to get ahold of is a shiney charizard black looks way better than orange on them

Aside from the red Gyaradose, I've only ever came across four by random chance. Two of them I was too young to understand what was so special about them so they slipped from my grasp. A shiny Sandshrew and a shiny Onix both escaped me on my crystal. The only two I've ever owned would be my shiny Fearow I randomly encountered in leaf green and another shiny Fearow I encountered in pearl. I love my golden Fearows XD

I think I haven't replied here before, so I will now~

I have a shiny Tentacruel in my FireRed, which I caught as a Tentacool in Sapphire. It's the only shiny I have (excluding the red Gyarados), and I really like it. The best part about it is, if I remember correctly, it has a pretty good nature! It's EV's are probably all messed up, but if I migrate it to a gen IV/V game, I could probably use EV reducing berries and train the thing for competitive battling! ^^

I have encountered a shiny Magnemite in... LeafGreen maybe? But I'd used my last Pokéball to catch a Magneton before, so no shiny Magnemite for me :<

On ones I really like though, Charizard, Metagross and Rayquaza have pretty beastly shinies. I'm also really liking Reshiram's shiny, and I've also taken a liking to Miloltic's shiny recently ^^

I've had a few shinys over my pokemon gaming....some I kind of forgot due to me bing young.

Crytsal: Green Zubat and a Dunsparce
Ruby/Saph/Emerald: Pink female Mukip that I kept from evolving, Absol, Slugma, Wailmer, Tailow, Shruppet, Duskull, Rayquazza (I was like HOLY MOTHER OF! When I found this...and then that Saph cartige was stolen....)
FRLG: Another green bat, Clafairy, Pikachu, Onix, Shellder, Goldeen, a really Dr.Seus looking Tauros, Vulpix/Ninetails.
PDPlt: Sneasal/Weavil, Wooper, Yanma, Shinx, Budew, Buizel, female Ralts, Tanegla.
HGSS: Ditto, Charizard, a few weeks ago Magnimite, and just a few hours ago a blue nosed Girafarige.

So....I kind of have ALOT of luck....and it also seems whenever I wasn't expecting one POOF there it was.

I've come across a few shinies in my time, and I only still have two of them because I reset a lot, and can't really care what Pokemon I've gotten on there unless I spent days raising it or something (No really, I killed my Manaphy because I got bored...). I don't really care that much for the shinies I've gotten over time, probably due to them not being any Pokemon I particulally love.

The first one I came across was a Shiny Clefairy after I'd just caught Palkia at Spear Pillar... That is the one time I've actually been glad that you can't fly away from Spear Pillar, 'cause if you could, I wouldn't have gotten it. But because I can't stay interested in a game for that long without a plot, it died in the reset.

Next was a Geodude, near that 'Draco Meteor' tutor lady. Ironically, the next time I came through that same area, I got the Pokerus. This one also died in the reset.

The only one I have at the present is a Gold Krabby, which I got in SS just before going after Lugia in the Whirl Islands. I don't plan on keeping the little fella though, because my friend has been so kind to get me a Jirachi over the Wifi (which I don't have, so getting a Legendary that you can't get normally in game is pretty amazing for me), I'm going to give it to her for a present, because to my knowledge, she's never gotten one.

And of course, I have "The-Shiny-That-Every-Man-And-His-Poochyena-Has" ... I really don't like them making the Shiny Gyarados guarrenteed... then everyone has it and if you went through all the trouble to get a shiny Gyarados before HG/SS came out, then it kinda sucks 'cause everyone's got one now. </rant>

A

Anonymous

Damn ,you Charms people have had a lot of luck with shinys.The only shiny pokemon I ever caught (Other then Garydos) were kinda small in number
Sapphire:Shiny Wurmple then ended up evolving into shiny Dustox(dammit)
Emerald:Shiny Zubat (I encountered a Shiny Lotad but the damn gameboy battery died the second I caught it)
Diamond:Shiny Tentacool (I found it while testing the walk through walls code but i did find it surfing through surfable water )
Also I got the shiny Raikou and shiny Entei from Gamestop on Plat and SS

What with some hundreds of hours of my life put into Pokemon games, I've encountered my fair share of shinies. In fact, just last week I was roaming Eterna Forest in my Platinum version, and I encountered a shiny Buneary. But of course it has to be male. Gay much? And a month prior to that, I encountered a shiny Larvitar, which I missed catching.

Long before any of that, however, when I was like 12, I had two really awesome shinies in Ruby. My shiny Manectric, Blackthundr. And my shiny Electrode, Voltrode. Voltrode was caught as a Voltorb but stayed in the boxes throughout the game after I Rare-Candied him to evolution. But Blakthundr was utilized to his fullest, but sadly was lost when my game got stolen.

But before that, and possibly the most miraculous, I managed to obtain Flare. My shiny, female Charmander in FireRed. This was possibly the luckiest shiny encounter I'd ever had, as she was my Starter! This was on my second or third playthrough of the game, but the chances are really slim for that to ever happen. But, again, my friggen' game was stolen! Thank god for Action Replay, because now I have all three back.

My caught shinies:gyarados(SS/S/G/C),wingull(Diamond),oddish(migrated from emerald into diamond,evolved into bellossom),golbat(diamond)

my shiny fails.shiny tentacool,shiny magikarp:sapphire(both lost when some ASSHOLE restarted my game)

othershiny absol(hatched from an egg)8D

Ah, shiny stories. So much fun. Other than the usual Gyarados that everyone gets and perhaps the shiny dogs from the GameStop event, I have a few.

Ruby: I was going around trying to hatch Eevees so I could make an Eevee evolution army XD. Well while hatching the one I was going to make my Umbron (since I lurves Umbreon) it hatched into a shiny Eevee. I freaked out and started screaming. He is now an AMAZING shiny Umbreon named "Eclipse".

Ruby: I wanted to catch a Carvanah and evolve it into a Sharpedo. But I kept catching Feebas. -.- So I vowed that I'd switch fishing spots after one more try. All of a sudden, a Sharpedo appears on the screen and I'm happy cuz now I didn't have to evolve a Carvanah. But then the Sharpedo sparkled purple and I nearly fainted. "ISH SHINY!" So I caught her.

Pearl: Running around bored out of my mind. I was just getting ready to spray a repel when I walked another step and ran into a Bronzor. When it sparkled I was like "YUSH SHINY COUNT IS THREE" so I caught that one, too. It is now a Bronzong.

I hope to get shiny Charizard, Gardevoir, Ninetales, Mismagius, Alakazam, Swampert, Staraptor, Zangoose and perhaps an Espeon.

I have gotten the event shinies and red gyrados. But I've only encountered ONE other uncommon shiny before.

In Soul Silver I got a Shiny Zapdos the first time I encountered it. :p

I have had 2 shinies, the both in sapphire.

the first one was a trapinch, I was at the desert and accidentally went into the pokemon area and it appeared, I didn't know about shinies back then so I thought " oh my god! A different color pokemon I wil catch it and how it to my friends :D.

the other one was a golbat, I don't remember how I got it :'(

I have a story about a shiny pokemon...

Once I was going to the little town next to mauville city and I forgot to bring my pokemon with fly along, so I went through the cave and a lot of wishmurs started to appear, I was running always, run, run, run, run, and I saw stars coming from one but too late, run, and I was like, I am going to throw my gameboy through the window.

Once in pearl I saw a shiny deoxys but my connection failed :'(

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
My expeditions for shinies have always ended in epic fails. All I got is the event shinies from Gamestop and one that I got from action replay back on diamond. I still have that one, but I don't consider it valid, for obvious reasons. The point is over the dozen or so years I've spent of Pokemon, I don't recall ever coming across a shiny pokemon in the wild, and with my luck, I don't expect to find one any time soon...

I found a Shiny Electrike and a Shiny Tentacool on Ruby, a Shiny Magnemite on Emerald, a Shiny Spearow on Leaf Green, a Shiny Geodude and a Shiny Machop on Pearl through chaining, and a Shiny Starly and a Shiny Psyduck on Pearl through sheer luck. I've also got the Red Gyarados from Soul Silver and the Shiny Legendary Beasts from the events, but they don't really count.

I've been quite lucky, I think.

Okay, I got Pokemon White and beat it fairly quickly (NOT enough stuff to do in Unova, despite the graphicey gorgousness). I went to the giant chasm to grind for exp. Just as I was getting ready to use a max repel, i found it... A shiny Sneasel! I jumped out of my chair and scared the everliving doodoo out of everyone around me... then I caught it with an ultra ball after using False Swipe... and now it's a Weavile, the most beloved member of my wonderful Pokemon team... It'll be sad when i reset, but... hey, that's what Action Replay is to me- a tool to reunite me with my wonderful lost Pokes. AND NOW I WILL NEVER USE REPELS AGAIN (Unless Zubat, or its obvious clone, Woobat keeps harassing me). :D

Shinnies i recently found are a shiny volbeat in pokemon diamond. A shiny Eevee in pokemon platinum (now shiny Glaceon) and of course a shiny Illumise. For some reason i mainly get the shiny bug pokemon.

Hmm, Well I kinda got a shiny piplup from SRing a bunch of times, but I maxed it out and it means nothing to me anymore. :'(