• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Pokémon Site Updates With Ultra Beast Info

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Today the official Japanese site for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon updated with some new information.

UB02 Expansion Screenshot.png UB02 Beauty shot.png
This latest information dump was announced recently and scheduled for today. The Japanese site has added artwork and screenshots for UB-02 Absorption and UB-02 Beauty, which were both revealed in the recent CoroCoro leak.

The official Japanese site also states that more information for Sun & Moon will be coming on the 20th of September, so check back then!

EDIT: An English video has just been uploaded for this new information – we've embedded it above. Pokemon.com also provided further information about the two Ultra Beasts. The website explains that the meaning behind their names and their purposes are not yet known (because plot), but apparently additional Ultra Beasts have yet to be revealed.

UB02 Expansion.png

With its entire body covered with bulging muscles, the extent of UB-02 Absorption's strength is unknown. The full force of its punch is immeasurable, and its long mouth is said to be harder than diamonds. UB-02 Absorption appears in Pokémon Sun.

UB02 Beauty.png

UB-02 Beauty's narrow, graceful legs allow it to accelerate so quickly that people claim it can dodge even lightning. It's said that any Pokemon who lays eyes upon UB-02 Beauty, regardless of gender, will become infatuated with it and lose its will to battle. The exact reason for this reaction - whether it be a powerful pheromone or hypnotic effect - has yet to be determined. UB-02 Beauty will appear in Pokémon Moon.

Just how many of these mysterious creatures are there? We're looking forward to finding out!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ultrabeasts certainly have an interesting idea behind them. I can't wait to see how they'll tie into the story. Hopefully they aren't being used as tools of destruction like so many legendary Pokémon have in previous games. I'd like it if these Ultrabeasts would become their own separate threat. :)

Last edited:
I really like UB-02 Beauty. I dunno why, maybe I just don't like badass looking Pokemon. UB-02 Absorption just reminds me too much of a body builder- I much prefer the slim design of Beauty. Plus, I always prefer faster Pokemon over stronger, and from he looks of it, Beauty is far faster.

I really like UB-02 Beauty. I dunno why, maybe I just don't like badass looking Pokemon. UB-02 Absorption just reminds me too much of a body builder- I much prefer the slim design of Beauty. Plus, I always prefer faster Pokemon over stronger, and from he looks of it, Beauty is far faster.
Who knows? Perhaps they aren't Pokémons at all. They do seem to appear from these odd portals in the sky and their overall design and info we've received from them would make me believe they are something else. Some kind of beings made out of alchemy or creatures from another universe would be an interesting twist. :D
Also worth mentioning is that they do not appear on the actual Pokémon list on official Sun and Moon website.

Given the fact Alolan Raticate was revealed in a trailer already, I'm quite sure there's no more to it. They'll probably use it as a punching bag for new reveals though. :p
Sometimes I get pissed at how people calling pokemon like this "terrible". It depends on how you used them. The person that can use them to win is the real good trainers(and that's definitely not me). Also, Raticate has been given as Totem Pokemon and get them self an Alolan Form. The fact that it's a Totem Pokemon but it's being used as bags but not beast, then why bother turning them into Totem Pokemon? They can just get an Alolan Magikarp or Alolan Gyarados as Totem Pokemon. Anyway, just, please, stop judging me for that.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Balloon Villager You appear to have taken @The Regal Omega's post entirely out of context there – they never claimed that Alolan Raticate was terrible. Bear in mind that most of the new Pokémon and Alolan variants have been on the receiving end of attacks in trailers, and so Alolan Raticate wouldn't be singled out.

Sometimes I get pissed at how people calling pokemon like this "terrible". It depends on how you used them. The person that can use them to win is the real good trainers(and that's definitely not me). Also, Raticate has been given as Totem Pokemon and get them self an Alolan Form. The fact that it's a Totem Pokemon but it's being used as bags but not beast, then why bother turning them into Totem Pokemon? They can just get an Alolan Magikarp or Alolan Gyarados as Totem Pokemon. Anyway, just, please, stop judging me for that.
Me judging? Hardly. I simply see this specific Pokémon's role very small to steal the show. I don't hate Alolan Raticate, but it's not the only totem Pokémon out there. They are confirmed to be the bosses you fight against, but other than that they don't seem to have more significance. Gamefreak wants to showcase the newest Pokémon in their videos, usually they put the newest ones up against Gen 7 Pokémons that have been released prior to newest ones or older gen Pokémons.
That being said I have nothing against the Alolan form of Raticate, I simply don't think they would highlight it any further. However I wouldn't mind if they did. :)

I plan on getting Pokemon Moon, and hopefully I can transfer My Umbreon over, just because it makes sense. Really two Pokemon on my priorty are Umbreon and Lunatone, and other Moon related Pokemon like Clafairy.

What? Aww, I like the UB-02 Absorbtion form better, but its in Pokemon Sun.