• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Pokemon Ranger Discussion

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since I'm really interested in this game I'm going to use this topic to keep track of everything that pops up about it in the news (at least until we can actually set up a page for it). In the meantime, what do you guys think about it so far? Aspects you like or dislike? Things you want to see? All general discussion can go here.

Anyways, the run down of what we know (to be updated as more is revealed):

* For the Nintendo DS
* Known as "Pokemon Ranger: The Path to Diamond and Pearl"
* To be released before Diamond and Pearl in 2006 (Japan).
* Based on the 9th Pokemon Anime movie of the same name.
* An "action RPG" where people known as Pokemon Rangers call upon the aid of wild Pokemon to help them protect the land from evil doers.
* Has both a male and female playable character.
* Is said to hook up to Diamond and Pearl for "special bonus'"
* You don't catch Pokemon in the game, instead taking temporary control of them and their abilities. As quoted from the news:
Basically, you don't "catch" Pokemon at all - not the way we're used to at least. When you encounter a wild Pokemon in Ranger you a use device known as the "Capture Stylus" and the DS' touch screen to draw circles (ropes) around the Pokemon until an aura appears. This aura is the signal that the Pokemon is now under your control to do with as you please, though only for a temporary amount of time. The length of time you can control the Pokemon still seems to be unknown, as well as if they can level up or evolve.
* Currently we only know of three Pokemon that can be controlled: Spearow, Quilava, and Torchic

And as far as I remember, that's it so far. As of now all I can say is that I hope this temporary control of Pokemon isn't too breif, and that you can potentially level up/evolve the Pokemon you control and/or control the same Pokemon multiple times.

I hope control isn't too brief either. Infact it kinda sucks that you can't keep them permanently. I wonder how battles will be worked out? it's action/Rpg but just because it says action dosen't quite mean the battles might be real time it could be refering to the story's adventure who knows.

OOooppss.. ok from now on whenever you see GUEST it is very likely it's me because I sometimes forget to log in........carry on