1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Pokemon Ranger Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Linkachu, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Since I'm really interested in this game I'm going to use this topic to keep track of everything that pops up about it in the news (at least until we can actually set up a page for it). In the meantime, what do you guys think about it so far? Aspects you like or dislike? Things you want to see? All general discussion can go here.

Anyways, the run down of what we know (to be updated as more is revealed):

* For the Nintendo DS
    * Known as "Pokemon Ranger: The Path to Diamond and Pearl"
    * To be released before Diamond and Pearl in 2006 (Japan).
    * Based on the 9th Pokemon Anime movie of the same name.
    * An "action RPG" where people known as Pokemon Rangers call upon the aid of wild Pokemon to help them protect the land from evil doers.
    * Has both a male and female playable character.
    * Is said to hook up to Diamond and Pearl for "special bonus'"
    * You don't catch Pokemon in the game, instead taking temporary control of them and their abilities. As quoted from the news:
    * Currently we only know of three Pokemon that can be controlled: Spearow, Quilava, and Torchic

And as far as I remember, that's it so far. As of now all I can say is that I hope this temporary control of Pokemon isn't too breif, and that you can potentially level up/evolve the Pokemon you control and/or control the same Pokemon multiple times.

2. I hope control isn't too brief either. Infact it kinda sucks that you can't keep them permanently. I wonder how battles will be worked out? it's action/Rpg but just because it says action dosen't quite mean the battles might be real time it could be refering to the story's adventure who knows.

OOooppss.. ok from now on whenever you see GUEST it is very likely it's me because I sometimes forget to log in........carry on