• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Platinum Discussion Topic

That's so stupid though! we should all just buy the Japanese version and learn how to speak japanese (although that could take more time than it would for the U.S version to come out...) :-X

I'm so mad that the U.S has to be so far behind the Japanese, Can't we start making the english version when they star making the Japanese version? :p

That's so stupid though! we should all just buy the Japanese version and learn how to speak japanese (although that could take more time than it would for the U.S version to come out...) :-X

I'm so mad that the U.S has to be so far behind the Japanese, Can't we start making the english version when they star making the Japanese version? :p

I think they are making it, ever since the japanese version came out. Add glitch tests (which takes at least a month in total) and preparing the stocks (which takes a lot of work due to high demand), and it would take until late March. Even then, there will be complications that will delay the release date.

So since there still is alot of work to do with the english version of Platinum, you might as well get a Japanese tutor today

On top, most of the game is translated from Japanese into English. Once they get a fair way into it, they'll most likely relese the release date then.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And really, in the end, North Americans (like me) shouldn't really complain too much when you consider how much longer the UK and others places will be waiting once the game is already in our hands :p

But as a side note, being able to take your starter into Amity Square is great fun. I feel like trading my previous Infernape over just to walk around with it ^^

It would have been better if you could walk any pokemon, then that karate guy in the right entrance in D/P would stop complaining.

And really, in the end, North Americans (like me) shouldn't really complain too much when you consider how much longer the UK and others places will be waiting once the game is already in our hands :p
Don't remind me where I have to go to get the game, please... :(

I find the torn world quite interesting, being a major step in bringing 3-d to the handheld console pokemon games. Maybe the 5th or 6th games will be as 3-d as revolution. A bit far-fetched I know, but nothing is impossible (except pulling the tail of a Machop without being hit on the head with a dynamic punch... ow)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
But as a side note, being able to take your starter into Amity Square is great fun. I feel like trading my previous Infernape over just to walk around with it ^^

I didn't know that! That's cool, although it should be for any Pokemon; I'd love to walk my Manectric. Still, it's better than nothing.

I'm disappointed that we in merry old England will probably have to wait much longer than Spring, but I'm still looking forward to it. My team is already planned after all ^^

I didn't know that! That's cool, although it should be for any Pokemon; I'd love to walk my Manectric. Still, it's better than nothing.

I'm disappointed that we in merry old England will probably have to wait much longer than Spring, but I'm still looking forward to it. My team is already planned after all ^^

my friend said that he would download a USA ROM for a thing called the R4 so he can play it but they don't have wifi i think so :p to him. can you walk around with any of the starters or only the DPPt ones?

i think it is just the DP ones but all evolutions of them, oh and torchic like in DP. i would love to see a choice of taking all of them in too, that would be awesome

i don't think i can wait much longer XD

As of now, the Secret Key will be distributed over Wi0Fi from September 28th to November 4th. All they need is Wi-Fi and Mystery Gift. And there's a plus, you can give up to four friends the Secret Key if they also have Platinum. The catch, this is only for the Japanese version as of right now.

Also, the Basement Floor is also new in Veilstone City. Full Heals for 200 Pokedollars in the form of Lava Cookies plus contest stuff (Poffins and Berries as of now).

I bought and beat the game pokemon platinum and it was much cooler than I thought it would be. Me getting this game is all thanks to this website because this is the place that I first heard about pokemon platinum so thanks for telling people about that game because it is very very awesome! I can also tell anyone anything about the game if they want to know something.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
By bought it you mean imported it? >> It's only just released in Japan and unless you're fluent in Japanese there's quite a bit you wouldn't understand about the game outside of what you see. :p

P

Pokepok

I especially like the mugshots of platinum as they show more than only half the face of the person.
I also like the new formes of Shaymin and Giratina.
And yes, I really felt good about the fact that we can have rematches with the gym leaders.

Looking forward to its release...

Learn not to SPAM and quote posts that don't mean anything to your post. Try posting again with more than one word. Hi and meaningless quoting won't cut it here.

As another note, the producers of the game really want people to get the other Rotom forms, so there is anohter Wi-Fi event. For a little under two months. From January 16th/09 to March 2nd/09, there is a Wi-Fi event to get the Secret Key for Japanese games.

And with that news, it indicates that the release of Platinum will be March or later, more likely Late April or Early May now for the US.

If it is released in May I may get it for my B-day! if not oh well, Platinum looks amazing, they just keep out doing themselves....wonder what they'll do next? Rotom's new forms look weird and slightly funny in a surprisingly cool way. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!! and if I get the new Ranger game I'll have something to do while I wait

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I really hate it when this sort of info leaks out before the official press releases arrive, lol. Still, tentative or not, it's nice to see a date.

Agent "Looker", eh? Sounds like the name of a peeping tom xp

I have to agree with Linkachu on the "sounding like a peeping tom thing." In fact, it's a little creepy and I definitely preferred Codename Handsome. But either way, that date is twelve days after my 20th birthday, so maybe it'll be my present to myself. ^^

*Makes note to have Wi-Fi by then

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I hope the British release isn't too long after that, although I realise it will probably be Autumn before we get it

I hope to God that Nintendo does all the 'Event' things again for when the poor saps who are unfortunate enough to live in Australia (like me!) get the game. Unfortunately for us, we probably won't be getting it until late next year (sob!). I keep pestering my local game store 'Have you heard any info on when Pokemon Platinum is coming out?' so much as soon as they see me coming in the store now they automatically say 'No'.

Still, I can't wait for the game to come out. All those new additions make me wanna play it sooo bad.

And yes, I really felt good about the fact that we can have rematches with the gym leaders.

Is that a confirmed fact? If so I think I just died and went to heaven xD.
The Pokemon website says the official release date for the U.S. is March 22. Hopefully it doesn't change.

I'm glad they are going to have Gym Leader rematches, I cant tell you how many times I have wanted to rematch a Gym Leader. Plus, it seems reasonable and not like "Oh we have already battled, once you earn the badge we can't battle anymore" type of thing. That's why I liked Emerald.

I heard this rumour from a friend that most likely fake, but I wanted to find out if it's true or not.

If you manage to find a legit shiny, it's max level will be 105.

It looks really fake, but...

It's fake. Without hacking, Pokemon can only get to level 100. And as for Shinies and their stats, it has nothing to do with it anymore.