• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OC Submissions for a Story (Seeking Minor Characters)

Okay, technicality time! Multiple regions have more than eight gyms. How many gyms should we have?

• 8 gyms

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 10 gyms

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 12 gyms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One for each type

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have an Idea for another Random Character
Name: Gustav Berlitz
Appearance: Blue hair and eyes, stands 5'3" at the moment, wearing a lot of Blue.
Personality: He is a worrier, and is very sweet when not worried about something.
Goal: To help Firey and the crew stop Team Cyber
Relationship with Allie: He would be worried about a girl his age trying to stop Team Cyber.
Role: Random Character, actually an Agent of the International Police, along with Firey.
Other Info: His codename is Blue. And since he is Low level in the International Police, he will only have three in the beginning.

Pokemon on hand

Species: Chimecho (Shiny)
Ability: Levitate
Personality: Chimecho is very distant to any one but Gustav.
Backstory: Chimecho was his first Pokemon, the one he received from the professor in Sinnoh as a Chingling, as his starter, there were five trainers that day and he had three starters. She Evolved after Gustav helped her introduce herself to the Pokemon.

Species: Simipour
Ability: Torrent
Personality: He is a Prankster, and will pull tricks or jokes on other Pokemon.
Backstory: Simipour was caught on a mission, by accident.

Species: Glaceon
Ability: Snow Cloak
Personality: She acts cute and cuddly, but is fiercely protective of Chimecho, to the point she may fight something Much bigger than her.
Backstory: Glaceon's trainer disappeared after releasing her in the wild in Sinnoh, where Gustav found her.

Pokemon he gets later

Species: Quagsire
Ability: Water Absorb
Personality: Mysterious, but calm and collected.
Backstory: Caught sometime between first and Second Encounter with Allie's group.

Species: Swampert (Eventual Mega)
Ability: Torrent/Swift Swim
Personality: Swampert is like a Mentor to Quagsire and some of the other Pokemon.
Backstory: Swampert was caught between start of the story and First Encounter with Allie's group.

Species: Alolan Marowak
Ability: Lightning Rod
Personality: He is a Bit of a Flirt, will flirt with Pokemon of the Monster egg group, Gustav gets annoyed about it.
Backstory: Marowak Stumbled into an Ultraball that had fallen out of Gustav's pocket.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
I hope it doesn't feel like I'm hogging this...
Name: Paul Ylepis
Appearance: Unlike many other Evil Professors, he is lanky, though a bit more boney. He has balding hair, only with a little bit near his ears. Paul has blue eyes, and his hair is a whiter shade of red, he wears bright red glasses and a tiny moustache he strokes on constantly. In terms of clothing, he wears a blue, thick sweater and red plaid pants. Over all of it, he wears short, brown boots with a lab coat that is so long it drags behind him.
Personality: The stereotypical old person but with a touch more insanity.
Backstory: He was once the most famous trainer in the entire Ferrine region, even representing it as a whole. One day, he got offered a job fourth Elite Four member, but over time demoted to the Fifth Gym Leader. To show that he could make a difference, and his own insane desires, he joined Team Cyber, but hides his identity so he can still be Gym Leader.
Goal: To prove he can still make a difference.
Relation to Allie: He was once the most famous trainer in all of Ferrine, so pretty well known.
Role: Evil Team Admin/5th Gym Leader

Species: Toxapex
Nickname: None
Ability: Merciless
Backstory: Toxapex was Paul's first Pokémon that he hatched from an egg. It is his strongest team member.
Personality: All of his Pokémon were so well trained, their personalities wore off, seeming like mindless battle drones.

Species: Scolipede
Ability: Poison Point
Backstory: It was an injured Venipede, but Paul fixed it up in top condition.
Personality: None

Species: Drapion (When challenged at the Gym, it's a Skorupi)
Ability: Battle Armor
Backstory: It was simply just caught in tall grass.

Species: Vileplume (Gloom at the Gym)
Backstory: Paul needed to chase him through a forest to catch him.

Species: Amoonguss (Foongus at the Gym)
Ability: Effect Spore
Backstory: It was mistaken for an item. Later, it was caught.

Species: Toxicroak (Croagunk at the Gym)
Ability: Poison Touch
Backstory: It was found abandoned on the streets of a huge city. Paul later adopted it.
Personality:None

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Time to take care of the Mom and Dad once and for all.

Name: Silas Silverstone
Appearance: Silas wears a white frilled polo shirt, under a purple and dark pink overshirt, not buttoned. He wears dark, nearly indigo jeans. Silas also wears medieval shoes, and glasses. He has blue eyes and burgundy hair.
Personality: He likes to base his actions upon logical thinking and nothing but. Sometimes, he seems joyous and merry. He is a nut in books, always seeming to carry a few of them.
Backstory: He grew up on the Ferrine plains, but eventually moved to the Starting Town and married Allie's mom. Now, he is spending most of his time in his gigantic library in the Pokémon League.
Goal: None, currently
Relation to Allie: Dad, and also Elite Four member. Script: The Ghost type, the fancy tricks are just the tip of the iceberg! Prepare to get -- *Adjusts glasses* Oh, Allie... It's good to see you have came all the way to the top! Sorry I haven't spoken to you recently, I just am too busy figuring out this 'Team Cyber' case. You have grown since the last time I saw you, that's for sure. You've travelled all around the region for this... so let's cut to the chase!
If won: Even though you've grown, and all of my fatherly mentoring, you still need to figure out the mysterious Ghost type!
If lost: I knew this day would come. It always will, the student will surpass the master. Allie, before you challenge the other Elite Four member (s), note that I love you, and nothing will ever change that.

Role: Allie's Dad and Elite Four

Species: Mismagius
Backstory: Caught normally. Played with and babysat Allie when she was a baby.
Personality: Warm, outgoing, and caring.

Species: Drifblim
Ability: Aftermath
Backstory: It tried to make Silas' head her home in the plains, but was trapped into getting captured.
Personality: Bubbly and airheaded.

Species: Chandelure
Ability: Flame Body
Backstory: It was caught in a cave, and is the 'maid' of the house.
Personality: The 'mom' of the team and likes to organize things properly.

Species: Jellicent
Ability: Cursed Body
Backstory: Found in a lonely ocean.
Personality: Mysterious and observant.

Species: Gourgeist
Ability: Frisk
Backstory: Originally a jolly Pumpkaboo, it became more serious over time.
Personality: Exactly like Silas.

Species: Dusknoir
Ability: Pressure
Backstory: Caught while adventuring through an abandoned tower
Personality: Headstrong and show-offy.

(Just sits on his shoulder, it isn't a Gym Pokémon)
Species: Swoobat
Nickname: Radar
Ability: Unaware
Backstory: His 'partner' Pokémon
Personality: Quite the opposite of Silas. It is cheerful, upbeat, and extremely empathetic.

Name: Katlynn "Katie" Silverstone. Maiden Name: Malwair.
Appearance: Brown hair with amber eyes. Short for age, with her hair in a bun. Always with a smile on her face, she wears a peach light sweater, with blue coloured sportspants. She wears short, black high heels and an orange apron if she cooks.
Personality: Always happy, a true optimist. Usually unaware of other people's feelings, constantly embarrassing Allie and annoying Veronica.
Backstory: She lived in Unova with Veronica. While Veronica studied technology, she participated in social events, like the Pokémon Musical, Pokémon World Tournament, and much more. Also, she became an expert cook, always preparing Allie with balanced meals.
Goal: To perfect the perfect dish and make Allie proud of her
Relation to Allie: This is obvious, she's her mom...
Role: Allie's Mom

Species: Watchog
Nickname: Specs
Ability: Keen Eye
Backstory: Katie's first Pokémon. He has watched her back since the day they met.
Personality: Careful and cautious. Though when they cook, he's as happy as a bug in a rug.

Species: Cottonee
Nickname: Cauli (Shortening of Cauliflower)
Ability: Prankster
Backstory: Katie mistook her for cauliflower, and still thinks she's a Cauliflower Pokémon
Personality: Just like Katlynn, but a little more down to Earth

Species: Blitzle
Nickname: Linear
Ability: Motor Drive
Backstory: Given to her from Elesa herself
Personality: Welcomes everyone, and likes to wake people up with a loud 'Neigh' once and a while.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@SwiftSwoobat Both are accepted! THANK YOU! Those were basically the last roles I needed to start writing.
EDIT: Oh... I just realized I already have a Psychic Elite 4 member. You might have to change the type, unfortunately.

I'm going to start writing as soon as I find the time. I'm swamped with homework right now but I finish school on June 3rd. I'll be writing actively after then.

Candidate for the Elite four, if not, last Gym leader spot, Ice type speciality.
Name: Sakura Romero
Appearance: Stands 5'7", wearing winter clothes, has Really dark Purple hair and ice Blue eyes.
Personality: She is very serious in battle, otherwise she is bubbly.
Backstory: Sakura was born with a Heart Condition and she wasn't really able to do much of anything during her childhood, but when she received Lapras, they'd go anywhere the Water Takes them.
Role: Ice type Elite Four
Goal: Help Stop Team Cyber.

Pokemon

Species: Lapras
Ability: Shell Armor
Personality: Is very friendly unless Sakura is hurt, in that state, he is Very protective of her.
Backstory: He is the first Pokemon she received, and has been there ever since.

Species: Alolan Sandshrew (Evolves between Allie's Fourth and Fifth Gym Battles) (Encounter Opportunity)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Personality: he is very considerate of anyone he meets.
Backstory: He was caught in Alola after a wild Metagross accidentally Kicked his family out.

Species: Jynx
Ability: Oblivious
Personality: She is very distant from most people and Pokemon.
Backstory: Jynx was hatched as a Smoochum and was not the nicest Pokemon.

Species: Mamoswine (Shiny)
Ability: Oblivious
Personality: Very Jolly and Playful, he is still young but is a Powerhouse.
Backstory: Mamoswine hatched as a Swinub and was a bit of a surprise for Sakura.

Species: Avalugg
Ability: Ice Body
Personality: She is highly protective of her trainer. Backstory: Avalugg met Sakura as a Bergmite during a snowstorm. She was injured and Sakura protected her from all harm during the storm.

Species: Cryogonal
Personality: Bubbly unlike most of Sakura's other Pokemon.
Backstory: Cryogonal was a Pokemon who would watch Sakura's training regiment and admire it before being caught by Sakura.

Last edited: