• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Oboe's Sprites and Shop (Requests are open!)

So I've decided to start a sprite thread. :I Hopefully my work doesn't suck that badly.
(Requests are open!)

-Rules-
Please comment before you request.
Only one request per person, please. Fair warning-- I am notoriously slow.

Examples of my work:
Trainer Sprites-
2irn3f6.png
289ai5f.png
2li9ehl.png
nvoz83.png

Probably what I'm best at. I'll make original trainers, cosplays, whatever. I don't think I can do mugshots though. :c If you want the custom trainer to be displayed with a team of Pokemon, I can do that too. Just specify which ones.

Pokemon Sprites-
5p4g7c.png
2i9m64h.png

Recolors, splices, etc.

Lineless-
i4j0xz.png
25q7tw1.png
2ziwpx3.png
wgv0z.png

I'll gladly lineless pretty much anything-- pokemon, trainers, custom sprites, whatever.

Re: Oboe's Sprites and Shop

One word: WOW!
I love your trainer sprites they are very original ^.^ I am very fond of the last trainer she looks AWESOME
I also love the recolour you did! I like how it's so colourful ^^
Oo, and your lineless look great! I like how you did a trainer sprite lineless. (I was actually thinking of doing that earlier).
The only thing I can suggest for you is to try and make your sprites transparent. Other than that, keep up the wonderful work ^^

Shaymin ~*

You can get help with that in this thread. I downloaded GIMP myself, and I recommend that. I've also used Sandile's Photobucket technique, but it tends to be inaccurate, so I do not use that unless GIMP is down.Then again, nothing says you HAVE to have transparent sprites, it's a matter of preference :>

That being said, you are a very talented spriter! Your trainer sprites are excellent, they are really top class. I love the first and the last ones most, and I love how you took a male base and turned it into a female trainer ^^

The Bagon splice is interesting to say the least, but what really catches my interest are the lineless, or more precisely the lineless Scrafty. It just looks so neat, and is pretty much the definition of a perfectly made lineless. Great job, good sir, great job ^^

~Weeds

Thank you! I attempted to download GIMP but I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing, so... :I
Anyway, it's good to know what people think of my work. If anyone wants to request something, feel free.

-jumps in-

ooooo cool sprites :O
Your trainers are quite good and I don't spot any major problems with them although they could use some touch ups here and there~

your rainbow linoone is super cool XD love it ♥ your splice isn't half bad either ;P its just missing part of its foot....

lineless-wonderful. can't say much more than that~

keep up the good work ;)

So this thing is pretty much dead, but I'll attempt to revive it with these Ace Attorney Investigations sprites. :I
2mzmmug.png
2e1i23q.jpg
2vhsn6f.png

In order: Rhoda Teneiro, Jacques Portsman, and Shih-na.

Last edited by a moderator: