• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Nowhere left to go, except for the oasis. ( Ready Player One RP disscussion. )

Howdy do! I recently received the Ready Player One book and am absolutely in love with it, so i'm make an RP for it. First, lets go over some rules.

• No canon characters, period. You need to make you own characters and avatars.
  • You may have slight romance, but no heavy stuff.
  • No overpowered avatars
Story:
It is the year 2042, the OASIS was peaceful, people driving in their flying bikes and cars, free-running, and any other things normal OASIS users would do. But then it happened. The OASIS was raided by an unknown group of people, most named a random set of numbers, they seemed to be able to hack the OASIS and it's users. The group had weapons, shooting at users and screaming " This place is ours now! " It's up to a select few of people to save the OASIS and the remaining users on it. Most people don't know about his OASIS raid, as it was erased from the OASIS files as if it had never happened before. Only OASIS users who were logged in at the time of the raid could be in the OASIS and couldn't log out. All other user's OASIS devices didn't work at all, as if they were broken.

Here is the character template.

Name:
OASIS name:
Appearance:
OASIS Avatar appearance:
Backstory:
Skills
Vehicle of choice:
Other:

This is my character template:

Name: Arthur
OASIS name: e1ght-b1t
Personality: Shy, yet energetic at sometimes.
Appearance: He wears a light grey hoodie with the hood up most of the time, along with black jeans, He wears a gas mask that looks like a motorcycle helmet.
OASIS Avatar appearance: He has a black trench coat with a hood, a black cape as well. He has the same mask on that he does in real life, as well with the hood from the trench coat on.
Backstory: Both of his parents are in a nursing home, and have been since since he was 13. Doctors say they could die any second now. He got the OASIS from mom on his twelfth birthday and has loved it ever since.
Skills: Amazing at free-running and parkour, as well as math.
Vehicle of choice: A tron bike of sort, being able to go at mass speed.
Other: None.

And that's it! I'm going to start the role play when I get 4-5 people.

Last edited:
Name: Iris
OASIS name: Bow
Personality: Easily motivated, outgoing, geeks out over small details and references. Has a tendency to get sidetracked, even in the heat of battle. Usually more quiet and timid irl.
Appearance: She usually doesn't get out of the house often, so she often just wears a blank lightly colored t-shirt, and jumpers. Whenever she does actually go out, a light hoodie and jeans is what she usually wears and as she stands, she shorter than most at 5'2.
OASIS Avatar appearance: She as all the same physical features in her avatar except has much shorter hair (makes it feel more immersive), wears a hoodie inspired by BMO from a show her mother used to love, and black cargo pants
Backstory: Born into a family that was not poor, but not rich, she had a easy childhood for the most part, becoming incredibly attached to her nerdy father and his fandoms, while her Mother was hardly ever home. On her fourteenth birthday, she received an Oasis console and begun going to the virtual school it provided. Graduating from it with all honors, but in the time period of virtual schooling, she developed a hobby of creating miniatures of larger things. When she was 16, her Father died tragically in an accident at work, this crushed her and the oasis became more than just a place for fun and school. After schooling, she begun selling scale models irl and in the oasis, and so that's what she does now.
Skills: Piloting, detailed model making, Pianist (not super good, but not bad either)
Vehicle of choice: Naboo N1 Starfighter, with the ability to go the speed of light faster than most other vehicles.
Other: nope, none

Last edited:
Name: Iris
OASIS name: Bow
Personality: Easily motivated, outgoing, geeks out over small details and references. Has a tendency to get sidetracked, even in the heat of battle. Usually more quiet and timid irl.
Appearance: She usually doesn't get out of the house often, so she often just wears a blank lightly colored t-shirt, and jumpers. Whenever she does actually go out, a light hoodie and jeans is what she usually wears and as she stands, she shorter than most at 5'3.
OASIS Avatar appearance: She as all the same physical features in her avatar except has much shorter hair (makes it feel more immersive), wears a hoodie inspired by BMO from a show her mother used to love, and black cargo pants
Backstory: Born into a family that was not poor, but not rich, she had a easy childhood for the most part, becoming incredibly attached to her nerdy father and his fandoms, while her Mother was hardly ever home. On her fourteenth birthday, she received an Oasis console and begun going to the virtual school it provided. Graduating from it with all honors, but in the time period of virtual schooling, she developed a hobby of creating miniatures of larger things. When she was 16, her Father died tragically in an accident at work, this crushed her and the oasis became more than just a place for fun and school. After schooling, she begun selling scale models irl and in the oasis, and so that's what she does now.
Skills: Piloting, detailed model making, Pianist (not super good, but not bad either)
Vehicle of choice: Naboo N1 Starfighter, with the ability to go the speed of light faster than most other vehicles.
Other: nope, none

Yes, finally! Accepted.

Wait, so can we have sweet weapons from fandoms?

Also, Ready Player One is my favorite book of all time. Only book I ever read in less than a week.

I’ll make a bio soon.

Name: Daniel Michaels
OASIS name: F1ashp01nt37 because Flashpoint37 was taken.
Personality: Danny is carefree guy, who is kind, sarcastic and charismatic. He has quick temper and a hopeless romantic.
Appearance:My profile pic, but without the blue streak, shades, or trench coat. He has blue eyes, stands at 6’4”, and wears gym clothes twenty-four-seven, regardless of temperature
OASIS Avatar appearance: My Profile Pic
Backstory: Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is become a larger city due to quality wi-if. He was raised in rich family. He had it all, a nice family, an OASIS console, and all the food he could get, but, it all went down the drain farely quickly. On his 18th birthday, he was kicked out of the house, left with nothing but an OASIS.
Skills: Swordfighting, OASIS Basketball, Real Life Basketball, accuracy, athleticism, star fighter piloting
Vehicle of choice: A First Order TIE fighter but with blue stripe instead of red.
Other: Has the Sword of Seals from Fire Emblem.

Name: Daniel Michaels
OASIS name: F1ashp01nt37 because Flashpoint37 was taken.
Personality: Danny is carefree guy, who is kind, sarcastic and charismatic. He has quick temper and a hopeless romantic.
Appearance:My profile pic, but without the blue streak, shades, or trench coat. He has blue eyes, stands at 6’4”, and wears gym clothes twenty-four-seven, regardless of temperature
OASIS Avatar appearance: My Profile Pic
Backstory: Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is become a larger city due to quality wi-if. He was raised in rich family. He had it all, a nice family, an OASIS console, and all the food he could get, but, it all went down the drain farely quickly. On his 18th birthday, he was kicked out of the house, left with nothing but an OASIS.
Skills: Swordfighting, OASIS Basketball, Real Life Basketball, accuracy, athleticism, star fighter piloting
Vehicle of choice: A First Order TIE fighter but with blue stripe instead of red.
Other: Has the Sword of Seals from Fire Emblem.
Accepted.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Alright, I'll join...

Name:
Manuel Stone
OASIS name: Azure Striker
Personality: Manuel is a kind, friendly person who is often nice to others.
Appearance: In real life, he is short, standing at 5"1. He has black hair and brown eyes, also wearing glasses. He wears a black shirt and blue pants, and brown shoes as well.
OASIS Avatar appearance: His OASIS Avatar looks pretty much like he does in real life, except he is a bit taller. He wears a blue coat with a black shirt underneath, the coat also having a neck brace that covers the back of his neck. He also wears black pants and blue, techy-looking boots.
Backstory: Manuel doesn't have much of a backstory. He attended school like always until he got the OASIS console on his 13th birthday, where he started to attend the virtual school. He lives alone, being kicked out of his house when he was 19.
Skills: Accuracy, hacking, parkour, being stealthy and quick, improvising.
Vehicle of choice: Samus's Gunship, with all of the ship's abilities.
Other: He's also in posession of the Dart Leader from Azure Striker Gunvolt, which also gives him access to Voltaic Chains.

Alright, I'll join...

Name:
Manuel Stone
OASIS name: Azure Striker
Personality: Manuel is a kind, friendly person who is often nice to others.
Appearance: In real life, he is short, standing at 5"1. He has black hair and brown eyes, also wearing glasses. He wears a black shirt and blue pants, and brown shoes as well.
OASIS Avatar appearance: His OASIS Avatar looks pretty much like he does in real life, except he is a bit taller. He wears a blue coat with a black shirt underneath, the coat also having a neck brace that covers the back of his neck. He also wears black pants and blue, techy-looking boots.
Backstory: Manuel doesn't have much of a backstory. He attended school like always until he got the OASIS console on his 13th birthday, where he started to attend the virtual school. He lives alone, being kicked out of his house when he was 19.
Skills: Accuracy, hacking, parkour, being stealthy and quick, improvising.
Vehicle of choice: Samus's Gunship, with all of the ship's abilities.
Other: He's also in posession of the Dart Leader from Azure Striker Gunvolt, which also gives him access to Voltaic Chains.
Accepted. Let's do this thing.

Is this thing still going? If it is then id like to join.

Name: Alpine Jefferson
OASIS name: Tri0n
Personality: Alpine is a guy who likes to joke. He can also become a little aggresive when someone messes with his friends.
Appearance: He wears a black hoodie and dark blue pants. He has dark brown hair and light brown eyes.
OASIS Avatar appearance: A xenomorph
Backstory: Nothing special, really. He went to school like an ordinary kid, he got a hobby and eventually got an OASIS console.
Skills: Trickery, deception, persuading and being tactical
Vehicle of choice: TIE Scimitar, with all of it`s abilities
Other: In possesion of Mechagodzilla