• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nothing but Bidoof - A Sassy Platinum Run

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, recently in 'Charms chat, the gauntlet was thrown down. Tired of hearing that one can beat any Pokémon game with nothing but Bidoof, I am rising to the challenge to see if that statement is true.

So, welcome to Nothing but Bidoof! The rules are simple.

* Five Bidoof, one Bibarel, nothing to lose but your sanity.
* The Bibarel cannot be used in battle, and can only be used for HMs.
* In a gym, E4, or major in-game event situation, the HM Bibarel can be replaced by a sixth Bidoof.
* Move Tutors and TMs are allowed, Egg Moves are not due to the Bidoof Only restriction.

In today's episode, I start my journey and catch my first Bidoof, just to see if I can do this video editing thing.

I think I can.

Today's track is Os-Uchuujin by Asuka Oogame. As someone who usually dislikes extraneous music, I can assure you that screechy J-Pop is better than screechy DS-in-quad-speed sounds... and I expect it to only get worse from here.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Today's tracks are Caramelldansen (SpeedyCake mix), and the Yakety Sax.

In this episode, I train Derpina, black out a lot, and finally drag myself into Jublife... only to be met with A Challenge.

Last edited:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I have the highest respect for you, Petey, for even giving this a try. Man, after you leveled Derpina up a bit she started Tackling her way through everyone. Man she's a beast.

You should post the levels of each Bidoof, with you updates. That way we, the viewing public, can better root for these brave Bidoofs.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds good to me, I'll do that in future. Currently Derpina is level 8, and Derpasaur is level 4. Need to do some grinding before I take on Roark.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
You should name one Derplyn, especially if it's a shiny one. :'D

Gogo Petey for even taking up this challenge~ it looks worse than Nuzlocke. Way worse XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Shiny Eevee said:
it looks worse than Nuzlocke. Way worse XD

This is much harder than Nuzlocke, purely on the grounds that Nuzlocke isn't hard.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

In today's (overdue) episode, I train Derpina some more, get to Oreburgh, go mining, and face off against the first true obstacle in my way - Roark.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aww! I'd been rooting for you during that gym challenge, but bad luck running out of potions. I loved the musical inclusions in this latest episode. XD

P.S. - Took me awhile to finally get to these but I love 'em! Looking forward to episode 3, assuming you're still interested in this playthrough. :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm definitely still interested, just lacking in time! I'll do my best to get something out soon :3

I too have the utmost respect for you, sir. This is amazing, and I never would have dared attempt something such as this.( Although once, I played through my Pokemon Pearl using only Dragon types. However, this is much more difficult and challenging.)

Good Luck!

And I thought I'd seen the last of Sassy Bidoofs since going off GPX lol.

I love this based on the idea alone and I wish I could see the videos! My internet connection speed is pretty bad right now so it takes everything years to load. I should be getting proper wifi back tomorrow so I'll watch then!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Dear Bidoof-lovers,

Sorry about the lack of update. My life has not left me much time to do anything right now. I did try and record last night, but as anyone in chat knows, my Windows decided it would explode, taking a significant part of the hard drive with it. Including the directory containing everything I need to record Bidoofs.

Thankfully, I managed to recover enough of it to be able to carry on, but it's going to involve reinstalling Windows. So, we'll see how quickly I can get up to speed.

Derpina will be right back!

-Teapot

Edit: Windows uncratered, Bidoofs Part 3 recorded. Editing in progress.