• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Not your normal adventure

Plot and Sign ups can be found here - http://pokecharms.com/threads/not-a-normal-adventure-discussion.14355

Finally Will had entered the room that the professor had asked him to enter, with his partner Shellshock. "Why do you think we are in here?" he asked Shellshock
"Blast blastoise blast (Wait... you just entered the house of some old guy without any explanation as to why he wanted you to?)"
"Sorry" Will said "i dont speak Pokemon"
"Oh but you will soon!" Came a voice from seemingly nowhere "Now to test my Mind Swap machine, my greatest invention yet!"
Mysterious gas filtered into the room, knocking both Will and Shellshock out.
When will woke up, something felt different. He was still in the same room, but something was a bit... off. "Shellshock?" he tried to say, but all that came out was a low "Blast"
He looked around, confused, only to see his own body lying on the ground. He looked at his hands and body, which had transformed into the body of a Blastoise.
"oh no!" he thought as he saw... 'Him' begin to awaken
"What happened?" 'he' said "and why can I speak hum-o my gosh I'm Will!"
Will and Shellshock looked at eachother.
"what happened?" Shellshock asked
Will shrugged and shook his head

"It seems my invention works!" said the same voice from earlier "you are now stuck in each other's bodies for ever, or atleast until you do what i ask of you"
"What?" Shellshock asked "what do you want?"
"I am planning to do this to a couple other trainers, once i have turned three of you, you will all go out on an adventure. Whichever one of you brings me PROOF that you won the Pokemon League, gets to be human again"
"and the others?" Demanded Shellshock "and what could you gain from this"
"entertainment" the voice said "I will watch everything, the winner will get free and the others will be forced to battle eachother for my entertainment until they die!"
"And why would I ever even try?" Shellshock asked "This idiot who has been controlling me for the last several years is now In MY control, i could easily just run away and make a life for myself as a human"
"BLAST! (WAIT WHAT!?)" Will shouted "BLASTOISE! (I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!)"
"I never thought of that..." the voice said "whatever, go do that if you so wish... although..."
A gun appeared on the side of the wall and fired a red blinking device at Shellshock, and another at Will.
"I will be able to track your every move" The professor said "If you run... you will be electrocuted"

Shellshock sighed "It seems i have no choice" he whispered, then shouted "alright then, when do i start?"
"Right after two others arrive, until then make yourselves at home"
A door opened, and Shellshock and Will went to the other side. On the other side was a lounge room, complete with a TV, snacks and a couch.
"Blast! (Cool!)" Will said "Blast Blastoise Blast Blast Blast (If this is what it will be like maybe i won't mind doing this for a long time, and also I honestly like this idea of being able to battle as me, it would be a unique experience and i would really enjoy it and it would be fun and i get to eat those tasty Pokemon Treats and i can-)"
Shellshock grabbed his old Pokeball and returned will.
"Alright then" Shellshock whispered "ill play your game... for now"

Alex walked into the room the Professor asked him to enter "Ooooooh i like this room!" Alex said as he ran around in it "Lucario... (You are a idiot...)" Axe said as he punched Alex "Ow! what did you say?" Ale said as he punched Axe back "You will learn what he said soon enough!" A voice said "Oooh... are you gonna give me lessons?" Alex asked, The room started to fill with gas knocking Axe and Alex out, Alex woke up and jumped up "Lucario! (that was weird)" Alex said as he looked around and saw him self on the floor "Lucario lucario? (Wait thats me... WAIT IM AXE!)" Alex yelled as he ran around the room screaming, This woke up Axe "Huh? could you shu- THATS ME... AND IM YOU AND.... MY GOD I CAN TALK... THIS IS INSANE!" Axe yelled, The Professor said all the things about the league and how he might die and stuff then opened the door "wow...." Axe said as he entered the room, He saw a Human sitting on a couch "Uhh... Hello?" Axe said as he tried to stop Alex who was running around the room like a idiot "Lucario!!!! (WEEE!!!!)" Alex yelled as he jumped around "STOP MOVING OR ELSE!" Axe yelled as he tried to tackle Alex "Lucario! (Im a pokemon!)" Alex yelled as he jumped on top of Axe, He then hit his head on the ceiling and fell down "Ugh finally... well hello...." Axe said to the person on the couch.

"Sorry I'm late!" Def would say as he opened the door to the room with his Arcanine following; why did he insist that he have a pokemon out of the pokeball anyway?

"Wh-- why are you guys acting like pokemon?" He'd say towards the apparent other trainers in the room. "And what was all the yelling about?" He asked, sure was a lot of that going on as he approached the door.

Def's Arcanine looked a bit uncomfortable, "Arrrr! Arc!" He barked, trying to warn his trainer that something didn't seem right.

"so it happened to you too" Shellshock said, then looked at Def "Well if you are here, its already too late, you should probably run..."
He studied the newcomers, the trainer with the Lucario was already turned, but the one with the Arcanine seemed fine

"...Run?" Def said and put his hands on his hips. "Why should I run?"

Arcanine growled and began barking at the Blastoise, which Def then clicked on to.

"Hold the bus, how are you talking?!" He exclaimed, though before he even began saying this he too was effected by this switcharoo and was currently unaware that he said that from his Arcanine's mouth.

"Arrr...?" Growlie mumbled as he looked at himself in his new human body in confusion.

(Note: The Pokemon-in-the-human can speak, the Human-in-a-pokemon cannot. Just in case you didnt know)
"well..." Shellshock said "A bit too late now, Will come out"
Will-inside-of-Shellshock's-body popped out of his Pokeball

"Blast? (What is happening)" he asked "blastoise? (who are these)"

[OOC: Ah ok, gotcha!]

"Why am I a human? Were is my master?" Growlie-human would ask.

"Arrr, Arc! (I'm right here!)" Def-Arcanine would say, though then heard himself and looked down at his paws.
"Arrrr ar?! (What the hell is going on? Did the professor trick us?!" Oh that guy is getting a serious ass whooping when he sees him.

The Professor's voice boomed from a nearby speaker.
"blah blah blah, I did this to you, to escape you have to win the Pokemon league" he said, bored "If you run away a chip I planted on you will fry your brain"
"alright" Shellshock said "what happens if we lose?"
"you are trapped here forever" The professor said "now go..."
A massive door opened up, showing them the outside world

"Trapped here forever but we are to go out? Wow, way to contradict yourself," Growlie-human said, taking the opportunity to be able to talk to be a smartass.

"Arrr... Arca arc (this is a stupid experiment)" Def-Arcanine grumbled, "Arrrrrr arc! Arc! (What do you even achieve by doing this?)"

"uh..." the Professor said "yea you can leave now, if you don't do what i ask of, you are stuck here forever."
"Alright then..." Shellshock said "Then what if we call the cops on you?"
"Uh..." The Professor said "I will kill you if you do that"
"You won't know about that until they arrive at your door" Shellshock sighed "and what if we do decide to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good, or get surgery to remove the chips"
"um.. but.. uh" the Professor said
"you really didnt think this through did you?" Shellshock said "typical of evil scientists to make evil inventions and not know what to do with it"
"I will put listening devices on you!" The professor said
"then what about the one who does get free?"
"What about him?"
"He can call the cops!"
"umm... JUST LEAVE!"

Both David and his partner fell unconscious for longer than the expected period of time, their bodies cast aside to a far corner of the linoleum room like corpses. The floor felt cold on his skin, but his arms were too numb and his neck too stiff to move. A groan sounded somewhere to his left.
"David?" a gruff, but gentle voice asked from the same source. David's blood ran cold at the familiar timbre. "Are you okay?"
He haphazardly found the courage to speak. "Akiva?" To his wonderment and horror, the sound that came from his mouth was musical and piercing, like a flute.
"No way," his voice gasped almost exuberantly. There was a shuffling sound and he was suddenly hanging limply above the ground, dark cords hanging from below his round body and two calloused hands on either side of him. He swore like a sailor raised by a drunkard.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Defaeco Heads up: Be sure to watch your tenses, you're switching from future to past tense a lot, often within the same sentence. Please try to keep it to always past tense. For example:

"Arrr, Arc! (I'm right here!)" Def-Arcanine would say, though then heard himself and looked down at his paws.

Instead, you'd want that to be:
"Arrr, Arc! (I'm right here!)" Def-Arcanine said, though then heard himself and looked down at his paws.

[OOC: Ah! That's a bit embarrassing, oops. Thanks for the correction, I have always been in the habit of past-tense but the past while I had been RPing one on one with friends and I used "would say" a lot with them. Now I'm on forums again I'm trying to stay in the old 'said' habbit.
Thank you again, I do appreciate it ♥]

Growlie-human had listened to the good argument Shellshock was having with the professor. They were all valid points!

"I don't think he did," He said in regards to the professor thinking this plan through.

"Ok, Shellshock, right?" He asked to be sure, "You raise valid points and all but if we want to even plan that surgery or avoid getting some weird microphones stitched in to us, we best haul ass out of here." He said in an urgent tone.

"Arrr arc! (I agree! Let's move!)" Def-Arcanine barked.

Akiva wasn't quite sure how to react in the sudden shift in perspective.
"I'm human!" she cried victoriously, pumping her fist skyward. Her voice was David's, however, and it made her feel eerie to hear it so jovial. "I'm human. Ohmigosh, David! I have arms and legs and- Huh? I can't move my legs? What gives?"
Her previous body- The one David resided within itself- thrashed about heatedly and yelled without coherence, punching a wall with a needle thin arm and recoiling painfully.

"You," David hissed, pointing a heart-shaped appendage at the group ahead of them, nursing the other to what might've been his chest. "What's going on? What is this?"

lee and her partner, cass, paused in forunt of the door. "well this is the place" She said looking at the address she wrote down. Lee opened the door just as cass scrambled in. "hello?" She called. "professer? anyone?". "Poo?(hello?)" Cass called along with lee. "Ah Kathleen do you every wish to be a pokemon?" A voice said somewere. lee looked at cass. "sometimes" she admitted. "poo!(sometimes I like to be human!)" cass also called. Just then both of the girls visions turned black as they herd the voice:" today is you lucky day"

David was fuming, his miniscule and admittedly adorable face alight with pure fury. Not getting the answer he wanted fast enough from the others, he grabbed Akiva by the bowtie and poised his good hand threateningly. Akiva let out a yelp and attempted to scramble away from him. At least Akiva still found him intimidating in this form.
"My life is already hard enough as it is!" he cried aloud, despite the obvious language barrier. "My schizo brain in this body? No thanks! I'll take the wheelchair back, thank you very much."

lee woke to be on a hard steel bed. Her head hurt as she sat up. "chye?(were am I?)" She stated before jumping back at the sound of her voice. Lee begain to circle her self as cass awoke next to her. "Kathle-" Cass begain in lees voice before stopping. She looked at her self and moved her hands. "wow am I Lee?" Cass asked herself not nodicing the poochyena next to her. "POOCHENA!( CASS WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHY AM I YOU AND YOU ARE ME BUT IN MY VOICE!)" Lee yelled as cass looked at her couriusly before making a sly smile. "now I get to make chyenalistic puns" Cass stated just as a door opened up to a loundge type area. Cass was heading tword it but lee had a better idea. "chye( get the other out!)" she stated trying to grab her bag on "her" body. "no poochyena, I mean lee" Cass joked trying to be steady while walking on two legs to the loundge.

"Agh. Where am I?" Walt said drowsily. Well at least he tried to say. It came out a a series of Ooh Ooh Ah Ahs. "What the heck?" Walt yelled. "I'm trapped inside my Infernape's body!"
"Interesting..." Walt heard himself say. Must have been Infernape. "I've never been inside a human body before. What do you think this whole business is, Walt?"
"Um..." Walt mumbled, but even that didn't come out as human.
"What?" Infernape asked, confused.
All of a sudden, they both heard a person's voice booming. Something about the Pokemon League and escaping only by winning.
"Well," Infernape grunted in Walt's body. "Let's get on with it then."

Before his head hurt, Soras Thought that he was ready for anything, he was wrong, He got to the place in which he was invited to, and then it happened...
"Dun...dun!?"(My head...What the!?)Asked Drill-Soras
"Awesome!Time to go to a league, Cause wynaut!"puts on Deal with it glasses Said Soras-Drill,
"Sigh, I guess that is the best idea, Here we go!"Said Drill-Soras, in The language that only Dunsparce speak, they went outside.

Last edited: