• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nostalgic Discussion: The Gamecube

aaah the GameCube my favorite console of all time
I grew up with this thing and in my live time lost 2 of the thanks to the disc reader breaking somehow
what kind of nostalgic connection do you have to this cool cube?

Yay, another Gamecube fan! I spent so much hours playing LoZ: Wind Waker, SSB Melee, Pokémon Coliseum and Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness. In fact I'm playing with my Gamecube more than my Wii or PS3 lately. :p

Starfox Adventures? I've been looking for a copy of that game as I've played every other Starfox game in existence. Have you ever played F-Zero GX? It's a fun game, but it's so difficult. :'|

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The GameCube was all about Pikmin. Gotta love the Pikmin! :D

My GameCube still works beautifully, and on occasion I still play Harvest Moon, Pikmin 2 and Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum.

Yeah, this brings back memories. Pokemon XD (I never owned Colosseum, only rented it for a week), Mario Party 7, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and a few others. I still go back to play XD and Melee sometimes, although not recently.

I'm surprised to know that there are still people besides me that play Melee. :) So many people I know moved on to Brawl, but I get bored of that game quickly. >_<

The only Mario Party games for Gamecube I played were 4 and 5 and true brawl got boring quickly to slow combat Melee is much faster paced.

Ah, Mario Party. I fondly remember friends getting angry as their stars are stolen from them. Good times. :D

Does anyone have any Gamecube games that they would recommend to others? For me, I would recommend anyone to try out Tales of Symphonia or Resident Evil 4. Both games were recommended by some friends and I am so glad that I tried them out.

I can't believe that all these years of having a GameCube I never got Wind Waker for it, I only played the twenty minute demo in the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition. But now I have it for Wii U, so all is good.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, and of course, Zelda: The Wind Waker 8).

I got a silver GameCube special edition which came with The Wind Waker and also Ocarina of Time and the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. I still have it, because nostalgia.

I also had a GameBoy Player which was a thing you could plug your GameCube into in order to play GameBoy Advance games on the TV. Of course, the games looked terrible because they weren't high enough resolution for TV, but it was very useful for trading between my various Pokemon cartridges >:D.

I have fond memories of the gamecube and playing wind waker, starfox adventures, pokemon colosseum and pokemon xd-- although the story I tell most often about the latter two is how the battles were so slow that I used to put the controller on the floor and mash A with my foot while playing a GBA pokemon game at the same time. :3

Good times. I unfortunately lost interest before I could beat those games' particularly tedious challenges, like the 100-trainer battle mountain in colosseum and taking pictures of all the things in wind waker.

My favorite from that generation is probably Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door, which I've replayed a ridiculous amount of times, and even restarted an intended-to-be perfect game in the final stretch because I missed "scanning" one enemy that never reappeared.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Due to the time in my life when the Gamecube was released my game collection ended up being rather small, but some of the games within it are still favourites. Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Door, Tales of Symphonia, and Super Smash Bros. Melee would be amoung my top three most memorable but l have rather fond memories of Colosseum and XD, too (if for no other reason than the fact that, while heavily faulted, they were the first 3D Pokemon RPGs). :)