• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

No Ash!

It has been announced that another pokemon show has been released. This show is called Pokemon Chronicles and the twist is none of the original crew will be in it. The episodes will focus on the lives of most of the minor characters like that girl with the chikorita that likes baseball misty tracy and even Gary. This show will air in the UK in may but there hasn't been a north american release date yet :wink:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've known about this for awhile, but nothing was ever confirmed until as of late. From what I've heard, though, the collection isn't coming to UK TV - it's going to be a direct to DVD release, most likely a boxset.

KidsWB was supposedly going to be showing it on TV this coming fall. Was that info proved false or is it it holding true? Nobody seems to talk about it anymore :?

No its going to be released in the UK but will also be on the dvd the first volume of it will be released on may 23 for it being aired on the kids wb I'm not sure but I highly doubt it will though.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
for it being aired on the kids wb I'm not sure but I highly doubt it will thoug

I don't see why it wouldn't. Gotta admit, though, I'm floored that a UK station is getting it before them; before even a solid mention by them or American distributers. Something about that just isn't right (it's an American dubbing company for crying out loud!) o.O

Either way, you're right about the TV thing, and I remember hearing something about it airing on Toonami UK.

Whatever happens, I just hope North America gets the DVDs soon. I really, really want to see them and I doubt I'll be able to stand the Doc's gloating for long :(

Tha'ts good to hear now we wont have to pay money to see this show I know what some of the episode storylines are going to be about but I'm not going to spoil it for you guys :wink:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Don't worry. We pretty much know what they all are, too ;)
Well, vaguely. They're all listed on Serebii, I just don't want to read/spoil everything :p

Even if they are on TV I'll shovel out the cash for the DVDs. They're all going to be original plots so I bet the episodes will be pretty good. I especially want to see what happens with Brock, Misty and Gary ^_^

Feel free to discuss any of the episodes you want, just remember to warn people of spoilers beforehand.

I can't wait to see the ones on misty and tracy because they're my favourite characters and I'm especialy glad Ash wont be in this you see way to much of him and I'll get started on those episodes I'll probabliy post one each day

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Listen, Alex, Just to make your stay a bit easier here - you should assume we know EVERYTHING you think is news. Because, it's pretty much going to be the truth. Afterall, it's our JOB to know all this stuff the instant it hits the waves.

If it's anime etc, then we probably don't report it - but we know all about it anyway.

In fact, I know what ALL (well, probably) of the Chronicles Season eps will be about (Assuming they're all just the special eps released in Japan), and So would most here. ^^

The Gary and Aerodactyl ep should be nice to see, I never saw it in Japanese but it's a fair way down the line for Chronicles.

The Raikou Ep on the first DVD set though just makes the entire thing worth it. Poor Dub edits such at the Rocket's names 'Attilla' and 'Hun' may be cringeworthy, but unlike other people who watch the Japanese eps first, I do still enjoy the Dubbed adaption.

And you're damn right i'm buying the Chronicles DVD the DAY it comes out here. ^^ It's a fantastic Birthday present and something I can gloat at Katie with. :twisted:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Attila and Hun? X_X

... I don't want to know. (THEY BUTCHERED THE RAIKOU SPECIAL! ;_;)

Anyhow... The HOSO specials (because that's just what PokeMon Chronicles is) weren't such a big deal, honestly. Most of them were relatively lame, actually...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The Raikou special wasn't Hoso :p

As for the butchering... What was everyone expecting? This is typical of the dubbed anime, so I don't know why people are acting so surprised. I personally just find the name changes of Kenta and Marina stupid because Yoshi IS a Japanese name, and Marina is widely used by english-speaking people (that and Dani sounds ditzy). The other names... Saw those changes coming :?

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Alex Bock said:
Tha'ts good to hear now we wont have to pay money to see this show

Speak for yourself! My partner & I don't have satellite or cable TV, because we're adults, and have to pay our own bills! £30 a month for 200 channels neither of us want to watch vs £30 for a bunch of DVDs we can watch over and over again... I know what I'd prefer.

Doctor Oak said:
If it's anime etc, then we probably don't report it - but we know all about it anyway.

In fact, I know what ALL (well, probably) of the Chronicles Season eps will be about (Assuming they're all just the special eps released in Japan), and So would most here. ^^

The Gary and Aerodactyl ep should be nice to see, I never saw it in Japanese but it's a fair way down the line for Chronicles.

The Raikou Ep on the first DVD set though just makes the entire thing worth it.

Well, I don't know anything about it! I thought the rumours of there being a series that didn't feature the usual gang were all just rumours? How do you know what's on the various DVDs? Where are you getting your information from?

I have heard of the Specials released in Japan, but aren't most of them years old? (Like from the first series of the anime?)

Very confused here.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
baratron said:
I have heard of the Specials released in Japan, but aren't most of them years old? (Like from the first series of the anime?)

Very confused here.

You'd be right. While the Hoso are from the Hoenn generation of the show, the Raikou special is from Johto (kinda old). I guess this is just the dubbers way of finally giving us the episodes they missed while making them sound like a big deal... Just like Mewtwo Returns being called a "movie" when it was nothing but a long special.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Gary... You're only going to get it the day it comes out?! YAY! I pwns you in something! Because my dad is kewl, he's ordered it from a website that nearly always gets its orders a week early! So ha! *grins* I'm also getting Heroes from the same site, due for release over here on 6/6/05... so yeah! I'm good!

Wow, you can really tell when I've been at the hot chocolate.

But not all of them are old. I know for a fact that the one with misty,daisyand tracy is new because luvdisc appear in it and the one with the girl who likes baseball is new as well because I'm pretty sure gorbyss and huntail are in it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Most of the specials ARE from the Advanced/Advanced Generation/Pokemon Advanced Challenge series. In japan they have Pokemon Sunday, a special show with an hour or so dedicated to Pokemon. This is when they'd normally repeat that week's episode, but sometimes they also show some exclusive special episodes.

They're called Hosos because that's taken from the name for Pokemon Sunday, really they have no proper name.

They all focus on what happened outside of Hoenn whilst Ash was off on his new adventure, highlighting older characters especially. They also have the last appearence of Gary in the anime. No-one knows if he's ever going to return, part of the reason he left in the anime at the end of the Silver Conference was because his japanese voice actor quit - so it was easy enough for them to simply put him out of the equation when they were switching to a second, brand new, series (Advanced Generation).

And Cinders, up to a week early sounds a bit suss. Technically it's illegal to sell things like that until their release date. But meh.