• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nintendo Europe Confirms B/W 2 for Autumn Release

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Nintendo of Europe has today confirmed the imminent release of Pokemon Black and White 2, announced on Sunday morning's Pokemon Smash. No firm date has been set, but the games are set to hit Europe this Autumn - effectively within 3-4 months of the Japanese release this June.

A press release for North America has also been released which states that the games will be available "Sometime in this Fall", meaning the games could hit very close to the Europe release similar to how Pokemon Black & White's release worked last year.

No further details are available at this time, but we'll keep you updated with any news as it comes.

Read More

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I guess people were right to guess at a possible September release for Europe (give or take), and I assume the North American release will be around the same time. Not too shabby when it's almost March now.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
I guess people were right to guess at a possible September release for Europe (give or take), and I assume the North American release will be around the same time. Not too shabby when it's almost March now.

Nintendo have announced through a press release for America the games will be released "Sometime in this fall". So maybe we'll see something like Black & White, where they get a release in America and Europe very closely, I hope so anyway. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Demelza said:
Nintendo have announced through a press release for America the games will be released "Sometime in this fall". So maybe we'll see something like Black & White, where they get a release in America and Europe very closely, I hope so anyway. :)

Cool. :)

Alex/Dem, could we update this news story with the North American news as well? Might as well keep it to one update verses two when the info is so brief. Thanks. ^^

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Demelza said:

Cool. :)

Alex/Dem, could we update this news story with the North American news as well? Might as well keep it to one update verses two when the info is so brief. Thanks. ^^

Yeah I'll get on it now.:)

I'm wondering where 3rd generation remakes will fit in (if they happen that is) because it seems a bit rapid fire to have a main series game come out about 9 months after another main series game if they stick to the 10th anniversary rule but its good to here I'll have something to play through later this year :)

^ Maybe they're saving Hoenn remakes for the 3DS? I mean the DS is practically over now, I am surprised THESE games are still for the DS.

Anyway I wonder what kind of new content they'll have. I assume its still going to be in the Unova region, perhaps they'll add some extra islands or something?

I figure R/S remakes are inevitable eventually, no way will GameFreak pass up from remaking yet another gen and making millions in the process.

precita said:
^ Maybe they're saving Hoenn remakes for the 3DS? I mean the DS is practically over now, I am surprised THESE games are still for the DS.

I was a little upset that they were on the DS as well, but it makes sense if you think about it. I don't actually know anyone with a 3DS in real life (although I use StreetPass a lot) but I know plenty of people who have one or more of the DS Lite or the DSi. When you're looking at sheer numbers, it makes sense that these games will be for the DS. I guess they're waiting for more people to get the 3DS.

Also, I'll be extremely miffed if the Hoenn remakes aren't on the 3DS. I mean come now, Hoenn definitely has the most to gain by being remade in 3D.

I'm really excited about this! It was absolutely not what I expected in many ways; there are two "third game" games, they are both sequels directly to the first two, they changed Kyurem so it's... almost like it's cross-bred with Reshiram/Zekrom and it's coming to North America and Europe in Autumn.
I can't wait! :love: