• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nintendo announces Nintendo Labo for the Switch

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
labo-boxes.png

Nintendo's latest announcement isn't a new game, or even a new console, but a new kind of content altogether. Aimed very much towards kids, but in typical Nintendo fashion, openly accessible whatever your age, Nintendo Labo is a brand new type of video game accessory that you build yourself.

Two kits will be available at launch - the Variety Kit, with 5 different Toy-Cons to build, and the Robot Kit, in which you make yourself into a giant robot - for $69.99 and $79.99 US respectively.

If you want to learn more about Labo, or why it's a welcome reminder of Nintendo's toy-maker heritage, check out the latest article about it on our sister site, GameCrash:

fb-profile.jpg

That’s it. Next thing we know, Nintendo will port switch games to a rock. No, they’ll take over the entire Earth with weaponized stones and sentient cardboard boxes, both of which double as SNES consoles.
I'm not touching this product if my life depended on it.
Although, that may just be because I don't like VR. I mean, I'm sure it's executed well, but I don't like games that feel like reality. That's not the point of a game.