• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Nexus vs. Zenith: Superpowered world

For almost twenty years the Nexus has been dedicated to protecting the people of Earth, with hero stations in various outposts called Nexuses in most major population centers, and for a time it worked the world enjoyed a golden age of peace and prosperity but as government interference, increased internal conflict and corruption begun to overtake the organization, this golden age ended and the public belief in the Nexus dwindled.
Recently a new Hero organization has arisen The Zenith, completely separate from the Nations of the World and designed to bring about a renaissance of Heroism. Though completely illegal, having to operate underground and with an air of supreme secrecy. The Nexus has placed the discovery and disbanding of the Zenith as priority one. The two organizations are locked in conflict not only against the villains but also against each other.

It’s up to you to choose your side.

RULES:
  • The normal Pokecharms rules apply.
  • In a battle with another participant's character, please discuss who's going to win in the battle.
  • Romance is allowed.
  • Swearing is fine as long as it's not over the top in regards to language used or the regularity of use.
  • Your Powers need to have a setback. Mention that in your bio.
  • Please write proper length paragraphs with correct grammar punctuation, I will ask you to change it if it is not up to standard
  • Upto two hero characters, and one villain per person

Name:
Hero/Villain Name:
Loyalty (Heroes only): Zenith/Nexus/Unattached
Desire/Motivation (Villains only):
Nationality:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Hero/Villain Costume:
Personality:

Power name:
Explanation:
Setback:
Additional information:

Name: Skylar (Sky) Masterson
Hero Name: Combustion
Loyalty: Zenith
Nationality: American
Appearance: Tall and very lean, with a light tan and naturally orange eyes. Her long hair fades from a dark to light amber as it flows and is often streaked with firey orange. It is always left to fall naturally over her shoulders
Clothing: her more casual clothing often consists of denim shorts, a simple brightly colored top and short sleeved mini jacket. Always paired with a pair of high tops
Hero Costume: a skintight flame-retardant and flame inspired bodysuit with boots and gauntlets designed to focus her abilities in order to allow her to easily glide around her environment without much excess effort. Her mask consists of a simple white visor over her eyes and ears, with a small respirator over her nose and mouth.
Personality: very passionate and loud both in volume and in personality, her talkative and somewhat inquisitive nature means she occasionally will run her mouth and cross the line into intrusiveness.

Power name: Combustion
Explanation: Skylar is able to manipulate and ignite the air around her. Creating gusts of wind which can suddenly ignite to create a wall of flames. The larger the gust of wind or flame the larger the movement need to create it.
Setbacks: Given that Skylar must be able to move freely in order to utilise her powers, she isn’t as suited to confined spaces. When restrained her powers are severely reduced.
Additional information: The intensity of her flames is proportional to her emotions, if she is sad or afraid her flames are weaker, while her flames are even more intense when she is passionate or enraged. She is unaffected by her own flames and is able to move more freely due to her bodies reduced density as a result of her powers.

Name: Erik Masterson
Hero Name: Erosion
Appearance: Shorter than his sister and considerably more bulky. Erik’s tan is much darker and his eyes are by comparison plain, brown with steely specks, while his hair is kept short and naturally a dark expresso on the backs and sides, with a small top knot above streaked with a single blue highlight
Clothing: heavily distressed denim jeans with a white V-neck t-shirt and a black leather jacket coated in a water resistant layer.
Hero Costume: Skin tight black under-suit atop of which lies dark pieces of body armor. Most noticeable are the hydraulic cylinders on his boots and gauntlets designed to help to break up solid rock for easy use of his powers.
His helmet covers his entire head except his hair which is left to flow freely.
Personality: Somewhat staunch and stoic but ultimately his heart is in the right place, he rarely wastes his words being very blunt and to the point.

Power Name: Erosion
Explanation: Erik is able to manipulate the Earth, mainly dirt and rocks, and Water around him provided it has been in contact with a part of his body, for example if he were to hold a rock taken from his surroundings in one hand it would allow him to manipulate the rocks around him. Likewise he needs to have been in contact with a sample of nearby water in order to manipulate it.
Setbacks: His powers rely on the availability of resources, so an area without easy access to water starves him of half of his abilities. When Rocks or dirt are not available, materials such as sand or cement can be used but his control over these materials is reduced
Additional information: His powets allow him to stay underwater for an extended period of time without breathing, as well as enhancing his physical strength and resistance.

Name: Sergio Martinez
Hero Name: Lucifer
Appearance: 5'6", a little gangly, tan skin. Dusty black hair kept short, dark brown eyes. Square jaw with slight stubble.
Clothing: Varying, but rarely anything brightly coloured, apart from a few band T's.
Hero Costume: His field outfit consists of black field boots, black pants with practical pockets, and a special long-cut black overcoat with Kevlar properties, a high collar and integrated hood. A small duffel bag slung around his shoulder contains the rest of his field equipment.
Personality:
Stark, venomous, generally unsociable- it's not easy to like Sergio, let alone be his friend, but he's always focused on the mission. He seems totally in his element in combat, arrogant and almost gleeful to be fighting.

Power Name: Bladestorm
Explanation: Through mental effort, Sergio can conjure and control up to nine blades of shimmering energy. The blades are notoriously sharp, move at high speeds up to range of thirty feet around him, and can even block blows with surprising resilience.
Setback: The drain of conjuring and controlling the blades is immense; he can only do so for five to six minutes at a time with more than four blades, and up to ten minutes with fewer. It also takes a ton of concentration and strategy to move them in actually useful ways.
Additional information: The blades crackle like dry ice and shimmer with every colour of the rainbow.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Lorenzo Mortalus
Hero Name: Bamf
Loyalty: Nexus
Nationality: Irish
Appearance: Tall and slender, ginger hair, green eyes and freckles. Caucasian.
Clothing: He wears a black tank-top, blue jeans and a pair of black boots.
Hero Costume: He wears black jeans and a black hooded cloak. No shoes or shirt.
Personality: Calm natured, gentle, trusting and dedicated. He cares for others deeply and tends to avoid killing at all costs.

Power name: Spacial Jumping
Explanation: He can teleport anywhere, but he must be able to see it, either through his own eyes, a photo or a video.
Setback: He becomes more and more fatigued the more he jumps, he has to rest from time to time or it will kill him.
Additional information: The places must be real.
Name: Maddison Hackett
Hero Name: Burnout
Appearance: Kind of short, curvaceous, red hair and blue eyes. Caucasian.
Clothing: She wears a red crop-top, blue skinny jeans, brown fur boots and a ruby bracelet.
Hero/Villain Costume: Red spandex body suit, black boots and black goggles with red lenses.
Personality: Cheerful and a bit naive, but she can also be cold and ruthless, not caring how she deals with people, just that they are dealt with.

Power name: Pyrokinesis
Explanation: Manipulation and creation of fire.
Setback: The use of her powers uses up her body oxygen meaning that if she uses her powers to long she will suffocate.
Additional information:
Name: Jack Leto
Villain Name: The Mist
Desire: He wishes to become rich and famous.
Nationality: British
Appearance: He is rather tall and muscular, he has brown hair and eyes that are the reverse of most eyes (they have black pupils, white colouring, but the white of his eyes is black). Caucasian.
Clothing: He wears torn black jeans, a black t-shirt, black trench coat and black boots.
Hero/Villain Costume: He trades the trench coat for a hooded cloak and wears a plain black face mask.
Personality: Ruthless, cruel and wicked. Secretly he can be warmer but only to the person he truly loves.

Power name: The Smog
Explanation: He can create different forms of smoke and mist, his smoke is deadly to the touch, as it slowly poisons his enemy, the mist is purely for defensive reasons as it works as cover. He can also transform into a smokey ghostlike form.
Setback: His powers are slowly killing him, he has to take a special medication to keep himself alive.
Additional information: The antidote to his smoke is cough syrup and ibuprofen.

Last edited:
Name: Lorenzo Mortalus
Hero Name: Bamf
Nationality: Irish
Appearance: Tall and slender, ginger hair, green eyes and freckles. Caucasian.
Clothing: He wears a black tank-top, blue jeans and a pair of black boots.
Hero Costume: He wears black jeans and a black hooded cloak. No shoes or shirt.
Personality: Calm natured, gentle, trusting and dedicated. He cares for others deeply and tends to avoid killing at all costs.

Power name: Spacial Jumping
Explanation: He can teleport anywhere, but he must be able to see it, either through his own eyes, a photo or a video.
Setback: He becomes more and more fatigued the more he jumps, he has to rest from time to time or it will kill him.
Additional information: The places must be real.
Name: Maddison Hackett
Hero Name: Burnout
Appearance: Kind of short, curvaceous, red hair and blue eyes. Caucasian.
Clothing: She wears a red crop-top, blue skinny jeans, brown fur boots and a ruby bracelet.
Hero/Villain Costume: Red spandex body suit, black boots and black goggles with red lenses.
Personality: Cheerful and a bit naive, but she can also be cold and ruthless, not caring how she deals with people, just that they are dealt with.

Power name: Pyrokinesis
Explanation: Manipulation and creation of fire.
Setback: The use of her powers uses up her body oxygen meaning that if she uses her powers to long she will suffocate.
Additional information:
Name: Jack Leto
Villain Name: The Mist
Desire: He wishes to become rich and famous.
Nationality: British
Appearance: He is rather tall and muscular, he has brown hair and eyes that are the reverse of most eyes (they have black pupils, white colouring, but the white of his eyes is black). Caucasian.
Clothing: He wears torn black jeans, a black t-shirt, black trench coat and black boots.
Hero/Villain Costume: He trades the trench coat for a hooded cloak and wears a plain black face mask.
Personality: Ruthless, cruel and wicked. Secretly he can be warmer but only to the person he truly loves.

Power name: The Smog
Explanation: He can create different forms of smoke and mist, his smoke is deadly to the touch, as it slowly poisons his enemy, the mist is purely for defensive reasons as it works as cover. He can also transform into a smokey ghostlike form.
Setback: His powers are slowly killing him, he has to take a special medication to keep himself alive.
Additional information: The antidote to his smoke is a liquidated daisy mixed with the blood of a cat.
Heroes accepted, your villains antidote is too obscure

Name: Charlie Fox
Hero/Villain Name: White Wash
Desire/Motivation: For the most part, Charlie just has his priorities mixed up. It was once that Charlie was simply doing what he thought was right, by 15 he was a natural at catching villains. Charlie absolutely loved being the good-guy, perhaps too much. A very good deeds turned into an obsession and, in time, Charlie started taking his stunts farther and farther. Why wait for the cops, when he could just kill the guy himself? If somebody does something wrong, they deserve punishment; and Charlie feels that he is more than capable of punishing them.
Appearance: Evenly tanned skin is golden in hue, tightly wrapped around his small body. Charlie is neither muscular or tall, but it's never bothered him much- likely because his opponent rarely even see him. Charlie's eyes are bright and blue in color, sticking out again his dark skin; and his child-like face is framed by dark eyebrows and nearly black hair that spikes out in every direction.
Clothing: Charlie typically sports a simple black coat and jeans when he is out and about. Very few know his identity, so he isn't afraid to just go out and about looking normal.
Hero/Villain Costume: Charlie switches to a rather odd apparel when he fancies himself to go kill a few. He wears a black and white tuxedo with a bright blue tie and even nice shoes. He also sports a belt with several knives which he has grown quite fond of using.
Personality: Over emotional, Positive, Entitled, Strangely kind to those he feels are pure, Easily offended, Childish

Power name: Pain Relief
Explanation: Charlie can't feel pain. It's a simple concept that is less simple than it sounds. Charlie's body is not limited by pain or exhaustion, but that doesn't mean he is invincible. Charlie simply can't feel his injuries, though they still affect him physically; and can slowly kill him if he' not careful.
Setback: Although Charlie can't feel pain, is more of he just can't... feel. Charlie's nerves are completely shutdown, leaving his feeling sense useless. He can't tell hot from cold or feel a breeze, he survives entirely off of his other senses.

Name: Martin Phipps
Hero/Villain Name: Whiz
Nationality: French
Appearance: Martin in sort of tall and dangly looking. Not one for combat, Martin's thin build and pale complexion give him a rather fragile appearance. Marty sports a pair of pale, yellow eyes that match his dull blonde hair. Martin's hair is yellowish in color, it's styled in a straight undercut, with the top slicked back.
Clothing: Martin's casual outfit consists of a leather jacked over a plain white shirt, ripped blue jeans and boots. He also wears glasses, mostly just to add on to his reputation as being intelligent.
Hero/Villain Costume: None
Personality: Snarky, Cocky, Prideful, Clever, Loyal, Prudent

Power name: Know-It-All
Explanation: Marty... knows it all. Any single fact about any single thing, Martin can recognize and bring up in under a second. This includes science and math; but also personal facts and secrets about individuals.
Setback: Of course, he only knows it if someone else knows it; meaning he can't tell the unknown. Also, just because Martin may known someone's favorite move or previous courses of action; doesn't mean he can tell the future or what will happen.

I know the bios are kinda lame. I got tired about halfway through, sorry about that. Also, i was wondering if I could kinda hold back on the personalities for now, I haven't fully made them out yet- plus I think it'll be easier to describe them in the RP (If not...I'll go edit them).

Last edited:
If you'll pardon my two cents; I don't think your bios are lame, but I do think your powers are OP. Straight-up blinding someone for fortyfive minutes takes all the challenge out of an RP. People should be able to do something to defend themselves against the effect, or they should only be blinded while Charlie has their unbroken attention on them.

Martin's power seems similarly OP, a sort of limited omniscience. You could change it to "He can focus on a person to glean their knowledge and skills, then apply them himself. With more effort, he can also attempt to read their thoughts and secrets."

If you'll pardon my two cents; I don't think your bios are lame, but I do think your powers are OP. Straight-up blinding someone for fortyfive minutes takes all the challenge out of an RP. People should be able to do something to defend themselves against the effect, or they should only be blinded while Charlie has their unbroken attention on them.

Martin's power seems similarly OP, a sort of limited omniscience. You could change it to "He can focus on a person to glean their knowledge and skills, then apply them himself. With more effort, he can also attempt to read their thoughts and secrets."

I understand your concern. I'm really just horrible at describing things, but I didn't mean for either of their abilities to seem overpowered. I was really trying to go with more support-type characters/powers, but clearly I need some help XD.
With Charlie, I assumed that leaving feeling as a sense would be enough for one to battle; but I guess that makes it obvious that I've never been in a battle before. Would you prefer I change the time given, perhaps limit it to 2-5 minutes of blindness, or change the level of blindness (I can make it so he only censors sight). -Or I can change his power all together, which I really don't mind; but I have to have some time to think about new ones.
As for Martin; I really don't think it's as OP as it sounds. If you're really convinced he'll have an advantage, then I'll go ahead and change it, of course. He's basically just really smart, he knows facts. However, he can't apply anything to himself- he flees in the face of a fight. If you are concerned with him 'copying' someone's moves; I'll clarify that just because he knows somebody can kick or make flames doesn't mean that he can do that... he just sort of knows it XD.
Anyways, I might just wait to see what the thread creator thinks as well. But if there is something really bothering you, then I have no problem with changing it. :D

Well, you have to look at the full extent of the powers. If there was someone in the Marvel Cinematic universe who could make someone blind for 45 minutes just by being near them, and with no chance of deflection, they could beat pretty much every other character but Daredevil. The same is true for 2-5 minutes; It's not the time that matters, it's the fact that there should be strongly limiting factors to it. Otherwise, every fight is gonna be a cakewalk. Almost no one can actually fight just by hearing.

Name: Charlie Fox
Hero/Villain Name: Lights Out
Desire/Motivation: For the most part, Charlie just has his priorities mixed up. It was once that Charlie was simply doing what he thought was right, by 15 he was a natural at catching villains. Charlie absolutely loved being the good-guy, perhaps too much. A very good deeds turned into an obsession and, in time, Charlie started taking his stunts farther and farther. Why wait for the cops, when he could just kill the guy himself? If somebody does something wrong, they deserve punishment; and Charlie feels that he is more than capable of punishing them.
Appearance: Evenly tanned skin is golden in hue, tightly wrapped around his small body. Charlie is neither muscular or tall, but it's never bothered him much- likely because his opponent rarely even see him. Charlie's eyes are bright and blue in color, sticking out again his dark skin; and his child-like face is framed by dark eyebrows and nearly black hair that spikes out in every direction.
Clothing: Charlie typically sports a simple black coat and jeans when he is out and about. Very few know his identity, so he isn't afraid to just go out and about looking normal.
Hero/Villain Costume: Charlie switches to a rather odd apparel when he fancies himself to go kill a few. He wears a black and white tuxedo with a bright blue tie and even nice shoes. He also sports a belt with several knives which he has grown quite fond of using.
Personality: Over emotional, Positive, Entitled, Strangely kind to those he feels are pure, Easily offended, Childish

Power name: Flash Bang
Explanation: Charlie can manipulate other people's senses. Simply by looking at someone, Charlie can eliminate one's sense of smell, sight, and sound in order to make the person virtually blind; it is temporary, but still lasts about 45 minutes.
Setback: Charlie can only blind one person at a time,making him vulnerable against large numbers. His victims can still sense touch.

Name: Martin Phipps
Hero/Villain Name: Whiz
Appearance: Martin in sort of tall and dangly looking. Not one for combat, Martin's thin build and pale complexion give him a rather fragile appearance. Marty sports a pair of pale, yellow eyes that match his dull blonde hair. Martin's hair is yellowish in color, it's styled in a straight undercut, with the top slicked back.
Clothing: Martin's casual outfit consists of a leather jacked over a plain white shirt, ripped blue jeans and boots. He also wears glasses, mostly just to add on to his reputation as being intelligent.
Hero/Villain Costume: None
Personality: Snarky, Cocky, Prideful, Clever, Loyal, Prudent

Power name: Know-It-All
Explanation: Marty... knows it all. Any single fact about any single thing, Martin can recognize and bring up in under a second. This includes science and math; but also personal facts and secrets about individuals.
Setback: Of course, he only knows it if someone else knows it; meaning he can't tell the unknown. Also, just because Martin may known someone's favorite move or previous courses of action; doesn't mean he can tell the future or what will happen.

I know the bios are kinda lame. I got tired about halfway through, sorry about that. Also, i was wondering if I could kinda hold back on the personalities for now, I haven't fully made them out yet- plus I think it'll be easier to describe them in the RP (If not...I'll go edit them).
Whiz - accepted, I like the variety he offers
Lights out - rejected, way too overpowered, even just taking someones sight for 30 seconds is too much let alone taking all their sense for 45 minutes, with no chance of negating it.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: Mark LeDieu
Hero/Villain Name: Quick Death
Status: (Hero/ Villain) New villain, ill say he can still become good
Desire/Motivation (Villains only): Revenge
Appearance: Profile Picture
Clothing: Profile picture
Hero/Villain Costume: Profile Picture
Personality: Calm and intelligent, if he was a hero he would be an amazing asset, he can get so mad he kills

Power name: Super Speed
Explanation: He can run faster than light
Setback: the more time he uses it, the more tired he is and the more rest he is gonna need
Additional information: he has two katana's on his back with poisoned tips, ((the poisoned tips are a last resort to him))

Name: Mark LeDieu
Hero/Villain Name: Quick Death
Status: (Hero/ Villain) New villain, ill say he can still become good
Desire/Motivation (Villains only): Revenge
Appearance: Profile Picture
Clothing: Profile picture
Hero/Villain Costume: Profile Picture
Personality: Calm and intelligent, if he was a hero he would be an amazing asset, he can get so mad he kills

Power name: Super Speed
Explanation: He can run faster than light
Setback: the more time he uses it, the more tired he is and the more rest he is gonna need
Additional information: he has two katana's on his back with poisoned tips, ((the poisoned tips are a last resort to him))
No, just no he is not having faster than light capabilities, I would hardly even let a character exceed the speed of sound with this short a bio. If you expand this application I will consider Super sonic speed but at this stage rejected