• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

News Round-Up 17/2/13

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
This week has certainly been an exciting one for fans of Pokémon, but just when you thought the storm of news had died down and things were peaceful a few more things popped up that are worth noting.

MeloettasMoonlightSerenade_zps4187b233.png

We'll start off with what could be considered the biggest news story of this round-up. Many of you likely remember that on Tuesday an official Pokémon TV App was released for iOS and Androad systems. Well, to celebrate the release of the App, for a short time, Pokémon fans will be able to watch the 15th Pokémon movie, Pokémon - Kyurem vs The Sword of Justice, and the Meloetta short shown before the movie in Japan, on the App and through the Pokémon TV page of Pokémon.com. The short goes by the dub name of Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade, and this is the first time Pokémon fans will have had the chance to catch the short dubbed.

Currently it isn't clear just how long Pokémon fans will have to watch the 15th movie and short as two different dates have been mentioned through official means. Originally it was stated that Pokémon fans would only be able to watch the movie and short until the 18th of February, however the Pokémon TV page on Pokémon.com also says that fans will be able to watch the Meloetta short until the 24th of March. It's likely that one date is for the movie and the other is just for the short, but with the information conflicting so much we suggest that you watch both sooner rather than later.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 3DS European Release Date

box-1.jpg

The announcement that European fans of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series of games have been waiting for has finally arrived. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity for the Nintendo 3DS has had its European release date confirmed at last, the game will be released in Europe on the 17th of May.

The game is due for release in the US on the 24th of March. It's the first game in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series to be released for the Nintendo 3DS and is the first to include Pokémon from the fifth generation.

Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom C-Gear Skins For Black & White 2 Live

victinicgear_zps48031ee8.png

When Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 were first released a special promotion went live internationally allowing Pokémon fans to get their hands on a C-Gear skin of Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom for their copy of Pokémon Black 2 orPokémon White 2, as well as some Pokédolls of Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy for their Dream Home, as long as they registered the sequel games on the same Global Link account as copy of Pokémon Black or Pokémon White. The C-Gear skins and Pokédolls have now all gone live on the Global Link, so if you took part in the promotion then go pick them up! You have until the 11th of April to do so.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like the Feb. 18th date really was just for the movie. Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade is still available on Pokemon TV, which is a good thing because I completely forgot to watch it over the weekend. ^^;

As for the rest of the news 'round up, I'm very happy to have Zekrom on my C-Gear for Black 2 now verses Munna. Zekrom's C-Gear skin is smexy. ♥

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
It looks like the Feb. 18th date really was just for the movie. Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade is still available on Pokemon TV, which is a good thing because I completely forgot to watch it over the weekend. ^^;

Ahh, good to know. I never got around to watching either, but I'll be sure to watch Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade at some point. :D