• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Year's Resolutions 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, we're getting close to the new year now, and that means for a lot of people that it is now time to start thinking up New Year's Resolutions for 2015.

So, the question is this: Have you thought of New Year's Resolutions for next year? What are they? And how did you do on your resolution for last year?

I don't tend to do New Year's Resolutions, but apparently I posted in last year's thread:
My resolutions are to eat better and to get better at money and conserving it. I also want to get a job but that's not really a resolution, it's been happening for a while. xp So by the end of the year I'll be really healthy and a good cook and I'll have thousands in the bank.
I got a job (two, actually!)... so one out of three ain't bad, especially as I was being flippant.

As for this year's resolutions, I'll get the obvious joke out of the way first: Two 2560x1440 monitors, a 1080p television, and a 1242x2208 phone :p In terms of other resolutions, I'm not sure yet - I'll edit my post when I think of something.

My first resolution is to become strong. I started to go to the gym and I wouldn't like to loose this habit, because I feel healthier now and I can do a lot of things.
The second one is to study hard. I want an scholarship to go Japan from my university and I'll only get it if I am the best!
(sings Pokémon #1 theme)
Well... my last but not least important resolution is to achieve to do great things for the Dravet Syndrome Foundation. They're looking for the cure for the illness of my little brother and I want to help then doing what I can. This year I reached to be the volunteer boss . I'm quite proud, but this is not the end of the way.

Well... What about you?

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I have a couple of resulutions because I didn't get much done this year.

-I want to at least go see the fireworks every Friday night during the summer~.
-I also need to start walking to the train instead of taking the bus, because I'm really a lazy ass.
-I'm still debating on wether I should take a detox diet, so this part might be edited,because I've already lost 13 pounds this year, but still it bugs me for not doing it.
I guess that's really all my 2015 resolutions for now~!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Did I end up doing well with my new years resolutions? Yes and no. On the one hand, yay better grades (so far) and lost weight (kinda)! On the other, I have strained my relationship with them due to various circumstances. So in that regard, I made my parents even angrier at me.

This next year, I'm hoping to find a new job~ That's my main goal, anyways. Lesser ones are to lose more weight, make a mobile app, and get more plushies~

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My 2014 sucked on itself epically. Nothing went according to plan and the things that did go well were of the bittersweet variety. That is why my one and only resolution for 2015 is to fight! I won't set specific goals, I'll accomplish what I can accomplish but I refuse to give up and lose.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I'm going to get my butt back into education, obtain a job and improve my artwork. (:
If I can do even just two of them, I'll be happy! ♥

I've been practicing my artwork for some time now but I've not been happy with anything I've completed just yet. I'm in the middle of fan art that is actually turning out rather nicely so here is hoping that I've already took one step forward in my 2014 goals.

I'm very excited about this year - I have a good feeling.
And I'm sure that this year, I'll succeed in doing something that I really want to do! : D
I did get accepted into college but could not attend in the end due to financial problems and family issues at home. I did get a job but I had to quit for various personal reasons. I have not improved my artwork and that fan art was never completed. This year has been nothing less than a nightmare and I'm happy to see it go. However, my goals from last year remain the same for this one coming. And I'm even going to throw in an extra goal.

I'm going to start buying small things that I will need for my future apartment, get my butt outta this here house and live my damn life as I should have always done. I might not have done it this year and maybe I won't do everything I've set out for myself for the next but until I do, my goals will not falter nor change. I'm perfectly capable and if it takes some time, then so be it. Dammit, I got accepted into college and had a job! I might have not been able to attend or keep it but I DID IT. Tis not a perfect year but it's something.

BRING ON THE 2K15!!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My new year's resolution for 2015? Play more Pokemon.

...no, seriously, that's it. I can't remember what my resolution was for 2014 but now that I've gotten a new and very awesome job with good opportunity for progression within the company I must have done something right.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Let's see how I did. Last year's goals:
This year I've been a determined bugger from the get-go so I've made three new vows: to finally, FINALLY, without fail, get back into creative writing (never been more determined! D:<); to learn to manage my mental health/anxieties better; and to play more video games. Aside from Animal Crossing New Leaf and various Pokemon games, last year was a terrible gaming year for me. So many games left unfinished or untouched. 2014 must rectify this somehow. Maybe? Possibly? Likely won't. But I can dream! </3

Welp, I managed to get back into creative writing for two or three months but a tragedy in the family derailed things and I never managed to get back into the groove afterwards. Considering that I barely touched my 360 and PS3 at all last year I can't say that I played more video games either. :'|

As for the third goal... that one is questionable. Some things stayed the same and other things became better. I had a lot of anxiety surrounding planes and worked at it, and that work paid off in a massive way. Visiting various members of the Pokecharms staff in England for the first time in my life was very likely the highlight of my year. For multiple reasons it was one of the best things that I've ever done for myself in general, so that alone made the trip deeply memorable.

For this year, I think I'll just aim to once again do more creative writing, to play more video games (particularly my backlog of games), and to visit Pokecharms more often - both the chat and the website in general. Whether 2015 will be a better year than 2014 is anyone's guess, and I suspect that certain things could become worse before they start getting better, but overall I plan to continue working at bettering myself and making many new and happy memories. :)

I still haven't thought of one and its past 2015. My New Years resolution is to think of one next year. Probably won't. Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.