• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Wii Channel Download

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The "Everybody Votes Channel" is available to download today from the Shopping Channel (just like the browser download), and they're calling it a "game" ;p

It's a free download, so no worries there. Just remember that you need to do a system update before you can access the download..

You start off by entering and confirming your location, language, choose a Mii to represent yourself, etc. Then... it's rather straight forward XP You vote, then get the option to predict the outcome results. There's also an analysis option that'll tell you how many votes you've made, your prediction record and accuracy, "How Tuned in Are You" (whatever that means), and how your voting compares to the norm. Up to six people can be registered on the channel.

You can suggest your own polls (only one question per day), but it appears that you can only give two options at the moment. All polls are looked over by Ninty before going out, too.

Err... yeah... This is the best game I've ever played X)

EDIT: *Gasps* Worldwide Cats or Dogs poll! O___O

*Shifty eyes*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
>=O

I will stand tall amongst the countless kitty fans of Charms! You shall not sway my vote!

In the words of a great dog from years ago... Dogs rule, cats drool :p

... even if I love my kitties and all other kitties ^^

*hides*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I sincerely hope we're not going to be bombarded with nothing but gimmicky channels like this for the next 5 years.... :/

I gave it a go, as I give all the channels a go, but needless to say I'll probably never bother with it again either.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Depends which channels you're referring to as being gimmicky. This new one I definitely agree seems like Ninty is trying too hard, but both the Weather Channel and News Channel were good ideas IMO. Maybe you don't use them, but the point wasn't for them to appeal to hardcore gamers like us in the first place...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
What Nintendo REALLY need to do is offer streaming episodes of their various animes like Pokemon, F-Zero and Kirby. THAT'S a channel.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Everybody BETTER vote cats. Because...dogs suck.

Hah. Cats got pwn'd ^_~

I actually really like how the world wide voting is dealt with. It gives you graph results for numerous countries around the world, so you can see how their opinions differ.

... What can I say? I'm a polling-whore :p