• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Wi-Fi Event Revealed For US

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
natgeo.jpg
A new Wi-Fi event has just been revealed for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y owners in the US and Canada. This event will be giving Pokémon fans the chance to get their hands on a Pinsir for their Pokémon Y game or a Heracross for their Pokémon X game. The details of the two are as follows:​
214.png

Name: Heracross
Held Item: None
Level: 50
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swarm or Guts
Moves: Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, Megahorn

127.png

Name: Pinsir
Level 50
Ability: Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker
Moves: X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Return
As you may have noticed, neither Pokémon come with a hold item. The reason for them being item-less is because GameStop will be giving away serial codes for the Heracronite and Pinsirite depending on which Pokémon game you own. GameStop will be giving the codes away from the 18th of August until the 31st.

The Wi-Fi event to get the two Pokémon will be held from the 13th of August until the 17th of September.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I already have both, but I'm glad we're finally getting one of these "Mega Stone Distribution" style events. I'll definitely get them both. ^w^

Last edited:

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
So will it be on the 13th or the 18th? Do you have to physically go into the store or do you sit at home and download it? I'm going to get a Heracross! ^-^
You can download the Pokemon over Wi-fi by going to Mystery Gift. The Mega Stones require you to physically go to Gamestop. ^w^

Yeahh! So glad to get Heracross! Not my normal choice in a pokemon, but I hope to utilize him in my next playthrough of SS, see how he runs, and utilize this one for business in X.

A new Wi-Fi event has just been revealed for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y owners in the US and Canada. This event will be giving Pokémon fans the chance to get their hands on a Pinsir for their Pokémon Y game or a Heracross for their Pokémon X game. The details of the two are as follows:​

View attachment 107338
Name: Heracross
Level: 50
Ability: Swarm or Guts
Moves: Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, Megahorn

View attachment 107337
Name: Pinsir
Level 50
Ability: Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker
Moves: X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Return
As you may have noticed, neither Pokémon come with a hold item. The reason for them being item-less is because GameStop will be giving away serial codes for the Heracronite and Pinsirite depending on which Pokémon game you own. GameStop will be giving the codes away from the 18th of August until the 31st.

The Wi-Fi event to get the two Pokémon will be held from the 13th of August until the 17th of September.
I ♥ working at walmart cause I can walk to the gamestop that is to the right of us!

I wish that the shiny Jirachi event that Japan is getting was available here too. T.T

Mega Pinsir was part of my X playthrough team but I'll be happy to get extra mega stones, too bad you have to physically go to GameStop though.

I was always jealous of the Japan wi-fi events. Movie releases are popular methods of doing so, and I've always wished the US had similar events and activities (US hosted official Pokemon events and mall tours) but the market just isn't the same, I guess.

I was always jealous of the Japan wi-fi events. Movie releases are popular methods of doing so, and I've always wished the US had similar events and activities (US hosted official Pokemon events and mall tours) but the market just isn't the same, I guess.

i agree.. like the pokebank.. they got it first.. but i guess its better than nothing 'sigh' -.-

I'm excited. Mega Heracross seems super cool. I haven't messed around with many of the megas yet due to life eating my game time, but yay!

GameStop is the US Version of EB Games, correct?

Does that mean I can go to EB Games (me living in canada) to get the stones?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Does that mean I can go to EB Games (me living in canada) to get the stones?
Unless EB Games have specifically said they're doing the distribution too, you can't assume they are - but I think they probably are. You'd have to check with them.