• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Trailer Reveals Mid-Stage Evolutions For Sun/Moon Starters

Bionne and Dartix are disappointing, I could care less for both megas and Ash Greninja, Poke Pelago is confusing and Festival Plaza looks like a waist of time . Torracat is the only okay looking thing from this trailer. The starter's final evolutions better be good or else I'm releasing my starter as soon as they evolve.

Recall which type you choose for a starter from each game.
well, granted i have only played a few of the pokemon games, here are mine: Red(online):Charmander, Yellow(online):pikachu, obviously! HeartGold: Cyndaquil because I have an obsession, White: Snivy, White 2: Tepig, Black 2: Oshawott, X: Fennekin, Y: Froakie, then Chespin, then Fennekin (i restarted a LOT) Alpha Sapphire: Torchic (yeah, i know, a whole lot of fire types, but i'm NOT being a cheater here. I just really like burning things, that's all. :angel:>:D)

I will definitely select Litten...if somebody makes a hack of S/M for the FR/LG/R/S/E :(

It's me or there's S/M Coming anime Ash with Pikachu in the Festival Plaza Image? or it's simply the male character?it's very far!

As everytime,i wish that everybody tries this game,and im thinking of playing Pokemon Pinball:R/S now,it's easier :/

Ah, finally some news worth commentating.

Ok, let me start with these evolutions:
I don't necessarily like Dartrix, but I don't truly hate it. It is a pet peeve to me though to have a bratty, conceited, and for all I know kind of weak Pokemon on my team. I know that it won't really be truant in battle, but just knowing it's true concerns kind of gives me the decision to frown upon this thing. Nintendo, this thing needs to evolve to Robinroot. That was my favorite of the three leaked. Maybe I'll like it, a bit.

Torracat, where to start....
I'm a dog person, but this is the one cat Pokémon I REALLY WANT. It isn't as unique and stand-out with its design, but it's not just red and black fur with some fire on it. I like a Pokémon to be not over or under designed. It truly "sparked" my decision to go for team Litten for the time being.

Brionne, I expected better. I was rooting for our underdog (well, under sea lion, I guess) until I saw... this. It looks like popplio decided to put its collar down to its waist and wear some colored contacts. However, it does fit the "be careful who you call ugly in middle school" saying. I'll give it second place for its decency.

Oh, yes. Join Avenue is back, and seemingly souped up! Hopefully it doesn't mess up like my old one, because I changed the time for DST, and everything was sold out! Day after day, it was ALWAYS sold out.
I can't wait to guide people to and from some shops, and maybe in post game I'll be a wise guy and take them to the wrong store on purpose, because why not?

Poké Pelago...Ok, a new way to find stones and to let my PC Pokémon do something for once besides turn into Digimon. I like it. Maybe all those bulletproof Chespins I breeded can all go on a mission and get me a bunch of stuff.

All this news has gotten me more hyped than ever. I can't wait to play these games- both of them!

Last edited:
Well this sure was exciting! Those starter evolutions sure didn't disappoint me, definetly gonna go with Litten for the Sun team and Popplio for Moon. Artwork was on point with this one, as it has been with all Sun and Moon news. Poké Pelago looks fun and refreshing for the Pokémons in PC, I tend to transfer my Pokémon teams from earlier generations to the newest region so I can't wait to see this feature! :D Mega Evolutions are back as well (with a new animation!) which is awesome! Festival Plaza on the other hand reminds me a lot about the Join Avenue from Black and White 2.
Also, am I only one who finds it a bit weird that this Battle Bond Greninja is actually called Ash-Greninja when it transformes? I like the fact they're giving it to us, but it being called "Ash-Greninja" instead of something else makes an unnecessary reference to Ash instead of the game's protagonist seems weird to me. :?

But hey that's just me, overall this was an awesome bunch of news! :)
The starters' evos were cool, Poke Pelago seems cool; at least my pokemon aren't sitting and rotting in a pc box, I have missed join avenue SO MUCH!!! It's good to see you again. Then there's the Ash-Greninja. Why is Ash Pokemon's money bag? I've said it once(not here though) and I'll say it again:
*shakes head*
384958_upload_2016-10-4_17-58-11.jpeg
384959_upload_2016-10-4_17-59-1.jpeg
am I the only one NOT seeing the resemblance here? WHY GAME FREAK?!?!? THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE EACH OTHER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
- I love Dartrix to bits, hilarious and classy.
- Torracat is not bad and I am pretty sure will lead to the leaked "Luchacat" ive been seeing floating around. Reallllly hoping for that dark typing instead of the dreaded fighting.
- Brionne is the definition of the awkward middle stage. I would be ok with it if it wasn't for those really odd eyes...
brionneseesall.png

I love my three frame memes what can I say. <.>

The starters' evos were cool, Poke Pelago seems cool; at least my pokemon aren't sitting and rotting in a pc box, I have missed join avenue SO MUCH!!! It's good to see you again. Then there's the Ash-Greninja. Why is Ash Pokemon's money bag? I've said it once(not here though) and I'll say it again:
*shakes head*
384958_upload_2016-10-4_17-58-11.jpeg
384959_upload_2016-10-4_17-59-1.jpeg
am I the only one NOT seeing the resemblance here? WHY GAME FREAK?!?!? THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
I'm with you on this one, like I said it feels weird to have Ash Ketchum's unique Greninja from Pokémon anime in Sun and Moon. It's just a gift from the demo though, so I guess it's just fanservice; doesn't have anything to do with Pokémon anime's or game's plot. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so. Robinroot looks sick, but there is a highly likely chance that it won't be the actual final evolution
If you did some more research on that particular leaker you would know their track record is impeccable
They predicted solgaleo and lunala in march.
Told us about passimian long before it was officially announced
And they told us there would be no proper gym leaders in Alola nor a Pokémon league

Oh yeah, these designs are awkward adolescence to the max. :p

I have to say, Dartrix's design does not disappoint. I kind of like it, and it has not swayed me from picking Rowlet as my starter. I'll just have to wait for the final form to pass judgment on this line, but for right now, Rowlet's still my first pick.

Torracat is actually better than I expected. I rather like its design, too. That confident little smile is fantastic! My like for the Litten line has increased.

As for Brionne...well...it's not terrible. It's just...meh. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I am interested to see how the final form will turn out, though. This has not increased nor decreased my ambivalence towards Popplio, which is to say, it is still my least favorite starter of this trio. But, it is not terrible, which is a relief.

Overall, pretty sweet designs, but I am more heavily anticipating the final forms. I want to see how these turn out, and if the Litten and Popplio lines get an additional type when they evolve a second time.

Also, Pokemon Pelago is an awesome idea. I love being able to give my poor, lonely boxed Pokemon something useful to do! :)

If you did some more research on that particular leaker you would know their track record is impeccable
They predicted solgaleo and lunala in march.
Told us about passimian long before it was officially announced
And they told us there would be no proper gym leaders in Alola nor a Pokémon league
Good!

I didn't like Popplio, but I do now. For some reason it's middle evolution makes me like it a lot more. As for Dartrix, I can't stand that damn hair flip. Just... yuck. Torracat looks pretty average for a middle evolution, but it's peaked my interest in light of Dartrix being borderline unbearable in design. And I don't even like fire types. For me it will boil down to the final evolutions.

The Poke Pelago is of great interest for me. I like the idea of being able to potentially get nice items without having to grind the Battle Maison for them.

Gotta say, I like the idea of Poke' Pelago, I always enjoyed the idea from the anime that the extra Pokemon we put in our PC aren't just stuck in hyperspace as data be instead allowed to roam around a large open environment to enjoy themselves like a ranch or, in this case, large island. Granted the island is going to have to be pretty big to house the potential 750 or Pokemon one could possible keep in their PC but, hey, story and game-play segregation I guess.

Brionne looks adorable and awkward at the same time and I love it, the rest of the starts look cool as well, really hoping Litten and Torracat stay on two feet though. Can't wait to download the demo, I don't care if it lost to Alain's Mega Charizard in the finals, I want an Ash-Greninja (hey, maybe this is where he went after Ash released it, hum?).
Wait, isn't it cornfirmed that Greninja's not gonna leave Ash?

Wait, isn't it cornfirmed that Greninja's not gonna leave Ash?
The previews heavily imply that Ash releases Greninja for one reason or another, but it's done on a mutual understanding. They don't abandon each other but leave on good terms with the possibility that he might pop up again in later seasons. At least, that's what the preview implies, and hey, that's a bit better then just sitting around at Oaks Lab only to be occasionally used for a league tournament.

Bionne and Dartix are disappointing, I could care less for both megas and Ash Greninja, Poke Pelago is confusing and Festival Plaza looks like a waist of time . Torracat is the only okay looking thing from this trailer. The starter's final evolutions better be good or else I'm releasing my starter as soon as they evolve.
You say Brionne is a dissapointment however I DISAGREE (Colress Intestifies)

PLEASE!!! Say for me rowlet is going to have the "robin wood" Evolution! And please, litten final evolution need to be real, actually, im the only that`s like litten final evolution...