• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Trailer For Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
oct_p11_01_bnv.jpg
A brand new trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire has now been released covering the information from this month's CoroCoro. The new trailer can be found below:
The trailer doesn't really give us much in the way of new information. From various interviews going around we do know now that trainer customisation will not be included in these games.

CVG have published a rather insightful article about the games, and an interesting interview, which you can find right here.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Wait, so we get to soar using Latias/Latios~?
The POKENAV comes back~!
More hype for ORAS, I can't wait till November 21st~!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
This is beautiful! ♥ So much awesome makes me even more excited now! I noticed in the trailer that when using the Pokemon Seeking function in the PokeNav it uses the GBA map of the Route. I find that to be an amusing call back XD

I'm curious as to whether all the Legendaries will literally be in one game or if they won't be Version Exclusive with, as an example, Ho-oh, Dialga, and Reshiram in OR and Lugia, Palkia, and Zekrom in AS. Also, does anyone remember the dark cloud at the top of the Hoenn map that we brushed off as being just aesthetic? *points at the trailer* We really should have known better. Game Freak wouldn't add something so ominous for no reason.

I am all kinds of excited being able to fly over Hoenn on Lati@s. This would be the first time we actually get this privilege as opposed to just warping to the area we're trying to get to.

Wow, they really turned the tide of the Pokemon franchise with this one. So much new and unique content... I don't think I can handle it all!

The soaring-on-your-Pokemon concept really caught me off guard. I never expected this to come out, and I thought I would forever keep the thought buried away in the back of my mind, but this is a truly amazing turnout.

I can't wait for this to come out, for I will play it... and I will love it! ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I remember tricking my friend way back when into thinking that a new Pokemon game allowed you to actually FLY through the skies. I'm genuinely glad to see that it's now actually a thing! I am surprised that it happened, but all the same, it's a nice addition~

Lack of trainer customization makes me sad, though. I was looking forward to finally be able to make my -own- trainer and all that. Ah well, hoping everything else about the game makes up for it~

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
@Kyubeon If you think about it it isn't that surprising that you can't customize your Trainer. Every remake lacks something the "new" games of its generation had. FRLG had no internal clock so no Berry growth or other time based events. HGSS similarly lacked locations to evolve certain Pokemon (magnetic area, Ice Rock, Moss Rock). At least this time around the thing ORAS is missing doesn't affect Pokemon evolution or is really that important aside from making your Trainer unique.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Hooray for new megas! :) All these new features sound really fun, I can't wait. A bit sad trainer customization is gone, but it wouldn't feel the same to change the trainer.

Also apparently X and Y won't be updated for the new Megas? If ORAS has all the other Megas than X and Y are gonna feel pretty useless. Though since a third Kalos game is inevitable it doesn't really matter.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Mega Beautifly?
Sorry, I meant Butterfree. I keep getting the two mixed up >_<
You know, I think it actually might not happen. Mega Beedrill may have been confirmed, and even though Butterfree is Beedril's partner, Butterfree is VERY underated. But who knows, CoroCoro could come out and surprise us with like fifty megas next month.
A bit sad trainer customization is gone
Don't worry, it will definitely come back in Gen 7.

Don't worry, it will definitely come back in Gen 7.
Yes. I hope so.

Also apparently X and Y won't be updated for the new Megas? If ORAS has all the other Megas than X and Y are gonna feel pretty useless. Though since a third Kalos game is inevitable it doesn't really matter.
Well, You're right on that one. However, even though the Kyurem Formes weren't included in Black and White, they still implemented the two moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in them, even though they were not legally unlockable until B/W 2. So I both agree and disagree with these facts. Even if they DON'T update X and Y right away to accomodate these new megas, they definitely will before competitive tourneys, especially because in previous world championships accomodated any games currently in the modern generation at that time. Hackers also confirmed the hidden mega Latios and Latias BEFORE OR/AS were officially announced, so there will most likely be an X/Y update when OR/AS release, or maybe these mega pokemon were previously implemented in X/Y but unobtainable until the megas were officially released?