• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Trailer, English Names and More!

Rex

Resident Furry
Team_Flare_screenshot_EN.jpg
The fifth Gameplay Trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been released, and alongside it various English names and gameplay features have been revealed to us thanks to the official Pokémon site.

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Am I the only one who thinks Oblivion Wing is a much cooler name for a move than Death Wing? Now if only Xerneas would get a move called Oathkeeper...

Now that we have a Professor Sycamore people are going to need to come up with a different name for their fan region's professor. I've seen a lot. I still think he looks like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

Team Flare looks like bouncers from a Hell themed nightclub. Sounds about right for people who are just out to make money.

I love the improvements made to the GTS. Filling up the Pokedex was so tedious when you could only trade for Pokemon seen, especially in Gen V where after battling every trainer in the game you only filled up half the Pokedex. I'm going to abuse the hell out of random trade just because that sounds like a lot of fun ^_^

Psycho Monkey said:
I love the improvements made to the GTS. Filling up the Pokedex was so tedious when you could only trade for Pokemon seen, especially in Gen V where after battling every trainer in the game you only filled up half the Pokedex. I'm going to abuse the hell out of random trade just because that sounds like a lot of fun ^_^

Fair warning though, more than likely 80% of the Pokemon in the wonder trades will be Pokemon like Rattata or Bidoof, methinks. Though who knows, maybe they will fix that too.

Also I like the new gym leader names especially, and the trailer leaves me excited for how interaction will happen between trainers, almost like cutscenes!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Doubled said:
Psycho Monkey said:

Fair warning though, more than likely 80% of the Pokemon in the wonder trades will be Pokemon like Rattata or Bidoof, methinks. Though who knows, maybe they will fix that too.

The smart thing to do would be to only allow you to send Pokemon of the same species once in 10 times or something like that. Or require that the Pokemon has levelled up since you caught/received it. Any small restriction, really, would be enough to deter a majority of exploits of it.

It's a cool feature, though. And given the random nature of it, even if the good Pokemon are in the smaller percentage, the odds are still relatively quite good for you getting one anyway. It's the same as a deck of cards, really. The 'bad' cards (2-10) outnumber the 'good' cards (Ace/Face cards), but due to the random nature of a shuffled deck, you're still relatively quite likely to put together a very good hand when dealt.

At any rate, it does at least fix one issue with the GTS - in that there are no insane requests to meet. I hope the actual GTS starts limiting based on common sense, too, but I wouldn't hold out any hope.

According to some sources this team only has one goal and it is not world, universal, or even complete domination. Their main goal is to get rich. Now I know it's new but come on this was an idea for team rocket but was changed now come on nintendo is this all you have to offer i was expecting a dual team in this region like in generation 3 with team aqua and team magma but instead with get team flare and if you are a long time pokemon fan like me we know how this story will play out the do a lot of crime with stealing your friends pokemon that you have to go rescue them or stealing from mines to get fossils then depending on which version you have when you are near the climax before the elite four they would have some how stolen the opposing legendary pokemon and you will have to catch the other one to beat it or it could play like gen 2 or gen 4 and 5
:angel: