• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Site & Forums Theme - Heart Gold/Soul Silver theme

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, following the announcement of the now excruciatingly anticipated G/S remakes, we've given the site a minor makeover to celebrate.

For the next couple of weeks, the new default for the site will be this Heart Gold/Soul Silver inspired theme, so I hope you like it. :)

As setting this to the new default over-rides everyone's custom settings regarding themes, you should be aware that if you wish to maintain your custom selection after the default is reset (or go back to it now, even), you must do so manually. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause to those using the custom themes - but only a few select themes will be used this way, so it will be an irregular occurrence.

Oh gods Oak I nearly had a heart attack. XD I look away for five seconds then click another page and suddenly everything's yellow! I thought something was wrong with my computer. Cool idea though, even though I hate yellow I love the idea.

Oh gods Oak I nearly had a heart attack. XD I look away for five seconds then click another page and suddenly everything's yellow! I thought something was wrong with my computer. Cool idea though, even though I hate yellow I love the idea.

Lol I did the same thing :p I really like this theme though.

Good job. ;)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Same XD
Way to mess with our heads, Alex :p

Loving the new theme, although the yellow is quite bright! I had to squint at it at first, before my eyes adjusted... I guess I got so used to the gentle purple. I like the legendary birdies at the bottom too.

Edit: My screen may have been to bright actually. It looks much better now ^^;

lol I was freaking out at first too, but I knew why there was the change. C:
I love it, the colors and everything. (Yay legendary birds!!!) Great job making it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. I'm actually not a big fan of the color yellow, but thankfully this seems more golden. The colors work nicely together oddly enough, and digging the artwork at the bottom right.

I'll be keeping with this for awhile =)

I didn't freak out. I was like "Cool! New layout!" *scroll down* "Awesome..."
I like the fact the two best birds in Pokemon are on the bottom of the screen.

Really nice theme there, Alex. At first I wouldn't think it would work, but it just... does :)

Good stuff, as always. Could I pinch the render of the birds you have at the bottom there? I could see it coming in use sooner or later, thought I'd ask your permission first.

The new theme is Awsome! I actually think its easier on the eyes, and all the colours work really well together! And the Lugia and Ho-oh at the bottom just top it off ;]
Good Job!

I really like the idea of heart gold soul silver layout. The ho-oh and lugia are amazing! Also I think that the colours fading into each other is cool too.
Job well done!

This new theme is really great. I think it's easier on the eyes than the bright green. Also the Lugia and Ho-oh are awesome at the bottom.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
You're getting a warning for this and your other spam post,, oh and now double posting too! How fun!

Seriously though, stop, yeah.

Hm, I like this new sarcy Admin thing I have going on. Nice new regeneration...

I like it so far...even better than the last one. A brilliant idae to get the images of the new Lugia and Ho-oh design. I just hope this one never goes away (that and it gets me hype for HG & SS; XD).

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I'll probably be setting the default back to normal next week - but you can still choose to use this one anyway...

~Alex (On Rach's lappy).