• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon X & Y Trailer + Tons Of Information

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Some of us have had our fill of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news thanks to the CoroCoro leaks over the weekend and the promise of more news thanks to Pokémon Smash, but regardless news just keeps coming and today we have a brand new English trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y along with English names for the four recently revealed Pokémon. We also have a ton of smaller bits of information to share too.
Lumiose_City.jpg

Some of us have had our fill of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news thanks to the CoroCoro leaks over the weekend and the promise of more news thanks to Pokémon Smash, but regardless news just keeps coming and today we have a brand new English trailer for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y along with English names for the four recently revealed Pokémon. We also have a ton of smaller bits of information to share too, so read on to find out more!

Kalos_region_map.jpg

First off, we now know that the Karos Region will be known as the Kalos Region in the English game and the central city known as Miare City in Japan will be called Lumiose City in English. To show off this brand new region we have a new gameplay trailer, which can be found here, that shows off Lumiose City along with a few other locations in the new region.

lumiose-city-pokemon-x-and-y_zpsdcfd5f27.jpg

Fletchling_Passerouge_Dartiri_screenshot.jpg

Next up we have the English names for the four recently revealed Pokémon. To start off, the new bird Pokémon known as Yayakoma in Japan will be going by the name of Fletchling in English and is confirmed to know Flame Charge as was reported in the CoroCoro leaks over the weekend.

Helioptile_Galvaran_Eguana_screenshot.jpg

The lizard like Pokémon known as Elikiteru in Japan will be going by the name of Helioptile in English and knows a new move called Parabolic Charge (Parabola Charge in Japan), which restores a user's HP by half the damage it deals.

Pancham_Pandespiegle_Pam-Pam_screenshot.jpg

The panda like Pokémon who goes by the name of Yancham in Japan will be going by the name of Pancham in English and knows the move Parting Shot (known as Parting Remark in Japan), which lowers both an opponent's Attack and Special Attack before Pancham switches out for another Pokémon.

Gogoat_Chevroum_Chevrumm_screenshot.jpg

Finally, Gogoat will be keeping its Japanese name and be known as Gogoat in English too. It knows the move Horn Leech. Some details about the Kalos region confirmed that players will be using Gogoat to ride in certain parts of Lumiose City.

Details from the official site have also confirmed that players will be able to customize their trainer with new outfits and accessories during their adventures in Kalos, although to just what extent is currently unclear.

pokedex-pokemon-x-and-y.jpg

It was also confirmed that the regional Pokédex for Kalos will register Pokémon in one of three different area categories.

may_supp_p3_7.jpg

From a couple of screenshots it looks like we'll be able to walk diagonally now too.

may_supp_p3_6.jpg

And finally, it looks like trainer battle intros will be animated as shown above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so impressed with this latest batch of info. Diagonal movement and customisation have been long awaited features of many, and the region looks superb, particularly due to the top-left section that is based on the UK! I can't wait to explore Pokéstonehenge :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Details from the official site have also confirmed that players will be able to customize their trainer with new outfits and accessories during their adventures in Kalos, although to just what extent is currently unclear.

Sweet. I love the sound of that, even if the customization is limited. Anything is appreciated. :)

All of this artwork is gorgeous too. I'm really liking the look of this region and how they've spread it out. I hope it's as fun to journey through as it looks!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Always nice to wake up to new Pokémon stuff and everything we got this morning pleased me. The only English name I'm not fond of out of the latest four so far is Helioptile, and I'm not that fond of Fletchling either but that's mostly because it sounds nothing like a name which would suit a robin. :p

The Kalos region looks amazingly pretty since we've got a better look at the map and I can't wait to explore it. Sure, it's rounded for the most part like Unova, but it certainly looks a lot more colourful and interesting than Unova ever has.

Being able to customize our trainer isn't a huge extra to me, so I'm okay with whatever we can do, the Pokémon, region and story itself have always meant a lot more to me. It all looks pretty smooth and fresh though, and honestly October can't come soon enough.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
What is this? I don't even... This game, it looks so beautiful and not at all like a past Pokemon game. This is probably the biggest jump they have ever made, from one Generation to the next. I always though I would hate it if they went full 3D with the main series, but I'm actually really liking things. Plus the trailer was awesome.

I love the look of the overworld, as well as the in-battle Pokemon. They just look so clean and beautiful and have completely changed my mind on full 3D modeled Pokemon. I'm fine with the name changes, especially as we get to keep Gogoat! And the random trainer sprites and splash pages for battles look amazing.

But truly the best new feature, far more than diagonal walking, is that we can sit on benches. I cannot tell you how long I have waited for this feature in Pokemon. I wanted this more than I did a Panda Pokemon, and that was a lot. Gen VI is quickly shaping up to be something grand.

This game looks so good. Lumiose City is probably the cutest city I've ever seen in a Pokemon game, I love all the little bakeries and cafes and whatnot. I've always wanted a Pokemon game like this, but I imagined it being on the Wii or something and figured it would never happen. I can't wait 'til October!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sir Red said:
But truly the best new feature, far more than diagonal walking, is that we can sit on benches. I cannot tell you how long I have waited for this feature in Pokemon.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who felt this way. XD It was always weird in the original games how we could only walk on top of chairs like they weren't even there and stuff, and this just... somehow made it more awesome for me. I dunno, I'm weird. |D

I really wish I had a 3DS now just so I can play this game. I haven't felt so excited for a new Pokemon game~! ♥

Very excited for this! I like the different towns hinted at on the map: windmill, standing stones, snowy Alpine town, cathedral, castle, etc. Very excited to explore them all. I'm puzzled by the desert area with the white beehives and wind turbines-- is that magma in a pool?

The only thing that's missing for me are a large number of water routes that might hint at Dive making a comeback, but it looks like we're going mostly land-based for this gen.

Wow...I'm really impressed with what we've seen so far.

First off, the region looks absolutely gorgeous with the streams crisscrossing here and there. It does look very rustic though--I don't see a major metropolis like we had in Unova. Either way Kalos will do the 3D a ton of justice ♥

The customization is also a very nice plus even though the female player character already has a great design. I'm hoping if they do skin color, it won't look atrocious though <<

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Carmen Lopez said:
The customization is also a very nice plus even though the female player character already has a great design. I'm hoping if they do skin color, it won't look atrocious though <<
Well, here's the options:

may_p3_1.jpg

may_p3_2.jpg

So, very much a case of "vampire, white, anime!black."

Last edited:
That map is so pretty ;___;

I recognize Stonehenge and what appears to be the Carnac Stones, so I wonder what other megalithic structures we'll have ♥ The ruins look equally appealing to me, but I do wonder what on earth that magma pool is doing there. And then on the far right, we see two different entrances into a mountain/plateau-y area that is obscured by clouds, so I wonder where that leads~

I really like that we'll have some customization to mess around with. I wonder what the accessories are.

Im really hoping the character creation goes more in depth. From the looks of what I see you can only choose from 3 slightly color changed pre-set appearances. Which whats the fun in that?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
L337pyrox said:
Im really hoping the character creation goes more in depth. From the looks of what I see you can only choose from 3 slightly color changed pre-set appearances. Which whats the fun in that?
Well, the official site also states you can unlock outfits and accessories for your character. So although they'll all look somewhat similar, there is at least a little personalisation - which is more than can be said for any prior game!

Teapot said:
Carmen Lopez said:
Well, here's the options:

may_p3_1.jpg

may_p3_2.jpg

So, very much a case of "vampire, white, anime!black."

I'd say nordic, Japanese and brown, but luckily everyone can choose their own ethnicity due to Mukokuseki and we do get an Ambiguously Brown option. I do hope there will be more options/combinations than just the three examples above. I'm debating whether to go with a dark-skinned guy or girl for my first playthrough.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Teapot said:

That middle option actually looks a lot like me, the hair colour is almost bang on, and the length. In fact if she had the blue eyes from the option to the left I'd not have to customise her at all xD

Everything looks so pretty and well-done in this game. Can't wait :D