• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon + X & Y Themed 3DS XL Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It has been pretty quiet on the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news front for a little while now, but today has brought the news of two special Pokémon 3DS XL consoles to be released in Japan, and also the reveal of yet another brand new Pokémon.

monorpale.jpg

So, likely the bigger story of the two today, during Japan Expo in Paris a brand new sixth generation Pokémon has been revealed. The Pokémon currently goes by the name of Monorpale in French and is known as Hitotsuki in Japan, the Pokémon is a Steel and Ghost type, making it the very first Steel Type to be part Ghost and vice versa. As you can see from the in-game screenshot above, when in battle the Pokémon seems to unsheathe itself.

pokemon-xy-3ds-xl.png

The second big news of the day is of course the reveal of two Pokémon X and Pokémon Y themed 3DS XL consoles. One console will be blue and feature Yveltal and Xerneas, while a gold console featuring Xerneas and Yveltal along with the three starters will be released through Pokémon Centers. Both consoles will come with either a copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.

Along with the reveal of the two consoles a new trailer has been released for the two games, while it doesn't actually showcase anything new it does give us some little bits of new footage showing off some of the more recently revealed features. The trailer can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
That gold 3DS XL. Wow. I hope it's not confined to Japan.

I love the new Pokémon. I've wanted Ghost/Steel for ages, and I love the idea of it being a haunted sword. Hopefully it evolves into a haunted suit of armour.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Toastie said:
That gold 3DS XL. Wow. I hope it's not confined to Japan.

To be honest I'd say the chances are that the gold one will be the one confined. It's already the harder one to get hold of because of it being tied to the Pokémon Centers, I'd like to see both released over here though as a nice Christmas bundle. ^^

Haha, this Pokemon is kind of stupid to me but in a good way. I hope you can find them with Rock Smash, like a sword in the stone type thing. I think I like it just because I'm so surprised this is actually a Pokemon.

I want that Gold 3DS XL so bad. Even though I know I will never have it because I already have a 3DS XL and I don't need this one. Oh well, it will probably stay in Japan anyways.