• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon: The Origin Trailer + Pokémon XY News

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
A new trailer has been released today for the Pokémon: The Origin anime episode. The footage doesn't really reveal any surprising information, but it does give us a look at Red and Blue and a couple of the Pokémon they'll seemingly be using on their adventure. The trailer explains that Pokémon: The Origin was made for the people that played Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green. You can see the trailer for yourself below:
Earlier in the month it was confirmed that Pokémon: The Origin will have a total runtime of roughly 108 minutes putting it near enough the runtime of the Pokémon movies.
[prebreak][/prebreak]
484px-XY_series_poster_2.png
Over the last couple of days we've also had some new information to do with the Pokémon: XY anime series. It has been confirmed that Ash knew Serena as a child and that Clemont's little sister Bonnie is hoping to find her brother a wife on their travels.

A new trailer for the anime was aired and can be seen below. From it we can see Ash rushing an injured Froakie to a Pokémon Centre, Bonnie seemingly obtaining her Dedenee, and a bit more footage of Chespin and Fennekin.
Along with the trailer the first two episode titles for the series have been revealed. The first episode will be called We've Arrived In The Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin! and as the title suggests sees Ash and Pikachu arriving in the Kalos region and as ever Ash dashing off to the closest Gym for a battle. The second episode is titled Mega Evolution and Prism Tower! A couple of details for the episodes also confirmed that Clemont has a Bunnelby and that Wobbuffet will be rejoining the Team Rocket team.

Have to admit, I don't know what to think of Clemont's character. He still hasn't grown on me. On a side note, the fact that he has a Bunnelby makes me think he's a Normal-type GL. Just saying.
And Bonnie trying to find a... Excuse me, what? 'The heck does that mean?!
Also, introducing the concept of Megaevolutions on the second episode? Already? I'm fearing this series will be all about them, like, every episode every freaking trainer megaevolving one of his 'Mons at every freaking battle. 'Cause, f*** the plot!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Have to admit, I don't know what to think of Clemont's character. He still hasn't grown on me. On a side note, the fact that he has a Bunnelby makes me think he's a Normal-type GL. Just saying.
Also, introducing the concept of Megaevolutions on the second episode? Already? I'm fearing this series will be all about them, like, every episode every freaking trainer megaevolving one of his 'Mons at every freaking battle. 'Cause, f*** the plot!

So far I really like the idea of Clemont, he's an inventor with an interest in gadgets, this makes me happy. His sister sounds quite annoying, but eh, if Clemont is interesting then it's a small price to pay. xD It has also pretty much been confirmed that he's the Electric Leader, when they were casting for his voice actor someone let slip that he was electric and a few other things since have pretty much confirmed it without outright saying so.

Also, as for the Mega Evolutions, there is a Garchomp rampaging around when Ash first reaches Kalos, so we likely end up with Mega Garchomp as a plot point rather than trainers randomly having them all the time. Maybe somewhere along the line Ash will sort himself out with a Mega Charizard. ^^

Well, as I've said before, Mega Charizard will probably be Ash's first and only Mega Pokémon. And I'm guessing he'll have trouble controlling that power, and Charizard will temporarely go rampage. Then one of those cheesy scenes will follow, where Ash will "connect" his heart to Charizard's and the dragon-wannabe will go back to his senses. How does that sound to you?
As for Clemont being the Electric GL... yeah, now that I think about it, it makes more sense.

'Cause, f*** the plot!

Bonnie is this gens version of Max. Just like Max functioned to be a little kid brother and ocassionally do something in an episode, Bonnie will be just as pointless and only exist to be the little sister.

The only thing I'm excited about is another 4-person group that we haven't had since Hoenn. The trio's since like the DP trio have had awful chemistry and character interaction, so I'd like to see the main group go back to actually having funny and clever interactions together like they used to.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm a bit disappointed that Pokemon: The Origin will only be a feature length movie and not a 13-26 episode Anime but eh. Less time to screw it up like they did the first Anime :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
yes yes yes Clemont's voice is my headcanon voice just you don't realize how happy this makes me even if I don't watch the anime series |D And I thought I would end up hating Bonnie a lot, but so far she seems pretty cute and okay. Clemont having a Bunnelby is kind of interesting, since he's (pretty much confirmed to be) the electric-type gym leader and Bunnelby, though normal, does seem to know at least one ground-type move. ^^;

I dunno, maybe just thinking we finally have a sort of nerdy kid as an Electric type gym leader makes me kinda giddy inside. ^^;

in one of the ep of xy i think ash is going to team up with a friend when ash was like 5 becuase in the trailer it showed the girl having a flashback and the girl might of had been ashes friend when she and ash were young

Well, I'm not going to deny that the group dynamics are looking promising so far. Though it's still a good question of who out of Bonnie, Clemont, and Serena are going to be part of the 'main cast'. No doubt that Bonnie and Clemont are in, but I'm curious about whether Serena signs in on this or becomes that female rival we were all hoping for at the start of Best Wishes.

In any case, Ash once again proves his eternal youth. Because he actually looks 10 in the flashback, and there's absolutely no telling how young Serena was then.

ok now i am super exited for this series but mainly cos WOBBUFFET IS BACK and now i atually like the design for Serena because before i thought this was going to be the one thing that let the whole show down but seeing it in action really has gotten me to like it

I'm surprised they brought Wobbufett back especially since in Japan he's voiced by Brock's voice actor.

Since we know Brock isn't returning (which is a good thing, his character has been awful since the beginning of DP) I wonder why he's come back just to voice a Pokemon. Seems rather odd to me, but as long as Brock stays gone I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm really psyched to see the Pokemon Origins special and am very, very happy that they're giving it such a long run time. It pretty well is the same length of the movies and hopefully will be the same quality as 'em too, if not better than the majority. ♥

Also, it must be said, that X&Y Anime poster is glorious. Pangoro, Mega Lucario, and Mega Blaziken look amazing, and the majority of the other Pokemon look adorable too.

Really enjoyed watching both of those trailers. Thanks for sharing 'em. ^^