• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer Shows Off Mega Salamence And Others

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
BurwD92CcAABiEi.jpg
The latest trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire has been released showing off the Mega Pokémon that were revealed in CoroCoro this month.

The trailer confirms the return of Horde Battles to the game after they were introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The video also confirms that the Shiny Beldum holding the Mega Stone for Metagross will be given away as a Wi-Fi event on the same day the games are released in Europe and the US.

The official Pokémon site for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have also revealed some of the stat boosts that our new Mega Pokémon get. Mega Lopunny gains a boost in Attack and Speed. Mega Salamence gains a good deal of Defense, and Mega Altaria gets a boost in Attack, Special Attack and Defense.

YueliaBreeze

Formerly Midnight Midna, MoonSnow
Mega Altaria looks bootyfull and amaing at the same time contest look really fun better then the GameBoy Advance counter part's but back then we was in 2D and couldn't do much but look how far we have come pokemon sure is amazing and i'm happy to be a part of it :3 this news made me tear up so much though to see how far we have come and also don't for get horde battles are back also trainer hardes are in Ora remakes...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As nifty as the trailer was overall, I have three major thoughts regarding it at the moment: I'm strangely happy to see that Mega Salamence simply pulls in its front legs when flying verses having shrunken limbs; it's a shame that Cosplay Pikachu is a special Pikachu because I'd wanted to dress up my current Pikachu as a rock star </3; and I'm glad to hear that the Shiny Beldum is an international WiFi distribution. Can't wait to get my hands on it. ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone else notice that all the cosplay pikachu are female? Is this just a coincidence or does it mean that only females can cosplay?
It means that the Cosplay Pikachu is a single event creature - think an event Pokémon. You'll notice it's got a special black heart on its tail, which is unique to this one creature.

Basically, you'll get the "Cosplay Pikachu" when you first do a Contest, which you can then dress up in all of the shown costumes.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
AHHHHHHHHHHHH CONTESTS ARE RETURNINGGGGGGGGGGG *A*

On another note, did you guys notice the Pika Ph.D adjust her glasses? I honestly could care less for those Pikas but dang, that was so adorable and might've won me over~

And I have newfound love for Mega Altaria after this video; seeing the burd in action and flying around is really quite beautiful and majestic.

now i know why a member of TO calls salamence the crescent spaceship. i still think altaria looks the best but im getting used to mega metagross. im excited though

It means that the Cosplay Pikachu is a single event creature - think an event Pokémon. You'll notice it's got a special black heart on its tail, which is unique to this one creature.

Basically, you'll get the "Cosplay Pikachu" when you first do a Contest, which you can then dress up in all of the shown costumes.
That reminds me... Does anything happen to Raichu if a special event pokemon is evolved (such as spiky-eared Pichu)? Seems to be a shame poor Raichu doesn't have any alternate sprites =/

There's nothing more I can say about the three new megas that I haven't already said (aside from the fact that Mega Altaria now looks just as majestic as it does fluffy), but even though I know I'm probably wrong, I just have this feeling that the trailer's hinting to Shiftry and Torkoal having a mega evolution too.

As for the contests, I'm upset we don't have contest battles, but it's nice to see that they're going back to the basics while at the same time giving them a minor upgrade.

I'm definitely getting the shiny Beldum once it's released, though I think I'll just take the mega stone since I really want to use it on my own Metagross

Last edited:
There's nothing more I can say about the three new megas that I haven't already said (aside from the fact that Mega Altaria now looks just as majestic as it does fluffy), but even though I know I'm probably wrong, I just have this feeling that the trailer's hinting to Shiftry and Torkoal having a mega evolution too.

As for the contests, I'm upset we don't have contest battles, but it's nice to see that they're going back to the basics while at the same time giving them a minor upgrade.

I'm definitely getting the shiny Beldum once it's released, though I think I'll just take the mega stone since I really want to use it on my own Metagross

I was thinking that 2.

I'm really enjoying Mega Salamence's animations. AERIAL UNIT ENGAGED

Ohhhhhh, interesting. I was under the impression it was like Furfrou's grooming forms or similar.

So it's like a new gender almost? cool

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I love the new Mega animations, especially Mega Altaria. It looks so beautiful and floofy. I shall definitely be training a Swablu on my team on my Ruby playthrough... although if Flygon does get a Mega Evolution I'll have a really hard choice to make between which Dragon Type to pick xD

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I'm terribly curious about whether it'll be possible to have Contests against other human players. I remember the Contests in the original Ruby/Sapphire being far too easy, you could basically sweep them with a Beautiful Wobbuffet ;). And given that Secret Bases are returning as a proper multiplayer feature like they always should have been, it makes me wonder how much else will be multiplayer.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
This is amazing! Granted Salamence looks like a Mega Frisbee but it's not horrible. That event Beldum just won a spot on my Alpha team along side Mudkip. Now I just need to decide which one to Mega <.>

Contests have gone above and beyond all expectations! I tried them a few times in the original Sapphire but they failed to win me over and I just didn't care in DPP. I will definitely be going at them this time!