• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I honestly can't see this announcement being for Gen V. As said, Platinum hasn't even been released in the UK yet, so this would be far too early to announce something like that, especially since Gen III lasted so long itself. The G/S/C remakes seem like the most likely idea, although a Battle Rev. 2 or a Wii Colosseum/XD game could possibly be the new game to be announced.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
This thread is disappointingly full of people posting any old crap they've read on the internet as 'facts'. Use some common sense, people.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they reveal! Part of me wants the G/S remakes, but the other part of me says that that would be too obvious, and wants the announcement to be a total surprise. It would be exciting to finally end the rumors, though! :p

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking forward to the inevitable disappointment so I can mock you all. Hey You Pikachu Wii FTW! :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
'Tis called hope ;)

And yes, we are making it into a big deal, because we all want it so much. I still remember getting my copy of Silver, and loving it so much. I think fans of Pokemon in general have wanted this re-make for a long time now, plus with all the hints being dropped, fans would probably revolt and take Nintendo down if it's anything but a Johto remake ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's also a pretty good educated guess.

It's what people do when they're educated.

You probably wouldn't understand. :)

Pokémon Paint
Pokémon Channel +
Pokémon Dash Wii
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Wii
Gameboy Micro Games for DSi

Yes, I'm thinking Negative here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for the announcement, 'cause Gold, Silver, and Crystal were my favorites of the Pokemon games. Though, like earlier stated, it will probably be something absolutely absurd like "Mai Pokamanz Ranzch 2!". With any luck though, we may be getting remakes. *crosses fingers*

Pokémon Paint
Pokémon Channel +
Pokémon Dash Wii
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Wii
Gameboy Micro Games for DSi

Yes, I'm thinking Negative here!

The thing is... would this show be making a huge deal about this if it was just another spin-off? I don't know honestly, but whatever it is seems like a big deal.

But wow... Mystery Dungeon for Wii would be really cool. :3

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
The thing is... would this show be making a huge deal about this if it was just another spin-off? I don't know honestly, but whatever it is seems like a big deal.

But wow... Mystery Dungeon for Wii would be really cool. :3
Yes, I think they would. Let's face it: Whatever they announce now, the Pokémon community'is watching them. The gold and silver balls are to get our attention - because they know we're all expecting GS remakes.

I still reckon we'll get a really small and worthless spinoff. Hey You Pikachu 2 FTW!

Last edited:
Nintendo know we are there little bitches! We forever request a G/S remake, yet play every other Pokémon title and moan that it will never be as good as the little cart from 2001.

"Pokémon Channel +" with Shiny Shaymin Download and Special Ranch toys... Come on, Nintendo would do it if they could be arsed to find something to replace the Pichu brothers.

I would love to see this happen. I've never played Silver, Gold, or Crystal. I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of it, but heck, This'll work. 8)