1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pokémon Discovered - Salandit

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

Salandit pokemon.jpg
    A brand new Pokémon has been revealed worldwide thanks to a new trailer on the official Pokémon YouTube channel. The trailer can be seen below and the new creature is known as Salandit in English:

Salandit is a Toxic Lizard Pokémon and is a Poison / Fire type with the new ability Corrosion. Thanks to this new ability, Salandit is able to poison any type of Pokémon including those who would normally resist it like Steel and Poison types.

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Demelza, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Jeydis
      Jeydis
      Well I have to say this little guy is my favorite reveal so far. Great sneaky design, useful ability and fun typing.

Slap an air balloon on it and you are one happy camper.
    2. Hollow Omega
      Hollow Omega
      I like this one, I got a feeling it makes a great fire type for those who aren't going with Litten as their starter. :)
      Ariados twice likes this.
    3. StellarWind Elsydeon
      StellarWind Elsydeon
      The Sugimori Trollface eyes bug me to no end but otherwise this thing is adorable and I love its type combination and markings. Quite hope it evolves into something snazzy.
    4. Teapot
      Teapot
      I like this thing! Fire / Poison is definitely an interesting typing, and Salandit is the first Pokémon to have it. It looks like the type chart for it will look something like:

Weak to: Ground (x4 damage), Water , Psychic , Rock
      Resists: Grass (1/4 damage), Bug (1/4 damage), Fairy (1/4 damage), Fire , Ice , Fighting , Poison , Steel

So, defensively it's pretty awesome. No immunities, but lots of nice resistances.
    5. NonAnalogue
      NonAnalogue
      Look at it, the smug bastard. It's even wearing a mask.
    6. Red Satoshi Ketchum
      Red Satoshi Ketchum
      The Sandile of Sun and moon
      Ariados twice and Starfall like this.
    7. PentheWonderful
      PentheWonderful
      Perfect! Now I can go with Rowlet without the guilt of losing a fire type!
      Ariados twice, Starfall and Zamcio like this.
    8. BurbleBurble
      BurbleBurble
      Well, I guess we have a Fairy Eater now.
    9. alolatrainer
      alolatrainer
      It looks sorta like a snickering assasin haha...i like it:)
    10. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      It looks awesome.
      But I already am gonna use a Magby on my time through trading this time...
      I think Hau might use one if you choose Rowlet, since it has two type advantages.
      Who am I kidding, it's basically confirmed.
    11. _Umbreon_
      _Umbreon_
      Colonel Saladint is going to shake and bake every thing.

And yes that's what I'm naming it
      Ariados twice and Hollow Omega like this.
    12. Shiny Pyxis
      Shiny Pyxis
      SALANDIT I'M IN LOVE AHHHH~

The design! The typing! THE ABILITY. EVEN THE NAME ♥ omg I want a Salandit on my team ;w;
      Ariados twice and Zamcio like this.
    13. topazwolf91
      topazwolf91
      welp, now I have something to destroy those pesky sylveon's with.
    14. Easton Driscoll17
      Easton Driscoll17
      YES one of the coolest sun moon pokemon yet ;)
    15. PurpleTartan
      PurpleTartan
      I love that it looks as though its grinning smugly. XD
      Ariados twice and Hollow Omega like this.
    16. ToxicSwamp
      ToxicSwamp
      YOOOOOOOO this smug lil dork is relevant to all of my interests! I'm training 6 of 'em!
      topazwolf91 and Hollow Omega like this.
    17. Picnicker Virgil
      Picnicker Virgil
      I actually love her a lot, probably the reveal I'm most interested in so far. I'm worried that I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I am so excited for her evolution(s)!
    18. OmegaCarvineplays
      OmegaCarvineplays
      Well. Looks like my team so far is: Popplio, Salandit, Drampa, Tapu Koko, Vikavolt and either Rockruff or Togedemaru ( not sure if that's how you spell the fluff balls name.)
    19. JelliSkelli
      JelliSkelli
      Plus to get rid of that 4x Ground weakness you can slap an Air Balloon on to that bad boy
    20. KoL
      KoL
      Fire/Poison makes its debut finally, and in the form of another smug reptile.

I very much approve.
      Zamcio likes this.
    21. Bo Aries
      Bo Aries
      OMG! It's sooo awesome! ♥ ♥
    22. Psycho Monkey
      Psycho Monkey
      I wouldn't say it's basically confirmed. Hau is your rival after all so if you start with Rowlet he's picking Litten which fills the Fire-type role. Now if you choose Litten or Popplio then yeah, I could see him using Salandit but there's no guarantee just yet.

I can say with 99.9% confidence that I will be using Salandit though. It's the first Poison/Fire-type and Corrosion is the most trollish ability since Prankster. Plus it has a really nice design. I won't have my full team finalized until I actually start playing the game but this little devil lizard is a worthy candidate even if I have to keep it the hell away from Ground-types. But that's what Popplio is for anyway.
    23. Carmen Lopez
      Carmen Lopez
      Corrosion is so interesting. If Salandit evolves into something useful or has nice stats itself, I can't wait to see what happens to the metagame. Can't just throw your poison or steel types in to absorb a Toxic

Off topic, but I kinda wish they'd recon Acid into something similar to Freeze Dry. It'll hit Steel types for Super Effective damage since in real life acid eats Steel.
      Linkachu likes this.
    24. Neopolitan
      Neopolitan
      My team thus far:

Litten (Fire/Poison - my speculation)
      Salandit (Fire/Poison)
      Lunaala (Psychic/Ghost)
      Vikavolt (Electric/Bug)

Slap on an Air Ballon and you should be fine.
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    25. Geochampion
      Geochampion
      i really sumprise what saladint can do :o to be honest i really want this one on my pokemon aloha region team:love:
    26. Neopolitan
      Neopolitan
      As for a possible moveset for our little friend (speculation):

Item: Air Balloon/Focus Sash
      Ability: Corrosion
      252 Speed. 252 Special Attack. 4 Atk.
      • Venoshock (it's finally useful)/Sludge Bomb
      • Toxic Spikes/Toxic
      • Fire Blast/Flamethrower
      • Dragon Tail(?)
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
      SilvallyTamer and Geochampion like this.
    27. Geochampion
      Geochampion
      i really like your opion so here my opinon about saladint

item air balloons

ability corrosion

moves
      flamethower
      toxic
      poison fang
      fire fang
      SilvallyTamer likes this.
    28. Neopolitan
      Neopolitan
      Interesting set. I'm curious about why you chose Poison Fang? Unless it has Strong Jaw, it doesn't seem particularly useful.
    29. Geochampion
      Geochampion
      well bacese i thought maybe saladin can learn poison fang and its kinda usefull to caught some wild pokemon to be honest:p
    30. Neopolitan
      Neopolitan
      Oh. I was basing my set off more off competitive use rather than in game. For catching stuff, I'd stick with paralysis over poison.
    31. Eljefe_209
    32. Geochampion
      Geochampion
      oh speaking of aloha what your thoughts about the gym leaders elite four the evil team and the champion
    33. Linkachu
      Linkachu
      It's not often that I see a brand new Pokemon and immediately love it, but this critter steals that title (as did Rowlet, mind, but sssh). Like others have said, the the original typing is great to see and that ability sounds amazing. If Salandit ended up being a version exclusive I'd likely choose my first play through based on whichever game its in!

Just crossing my fingers that whatever it evolves into, assuming it does, is just as nifty a design. :3
    34. Zamcio
      Zamcio
      Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes♥ hype is so on! :halo:
    35. ExtinctGuisher
      ExtinctGuisher
      This is gonna be useful for catching wild pokemon
    36. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      No, Hau has the starter you're good against.
      So if you pick Popplio, he'll have Litten.
      But if you choose Litten, he'll have Rowlet.
      If you choose Rowlet, he'll have Popplio.
      I'm assuming that Lillie will have the starter good against you later on.
      Also, my theory is that Hau might have a different secondary Pokemon that is good against your starter in your 2nd battle, since he has a Pichu when you chose Popplio.
      Maybe it's Salandit for Rowlet, and another new Pokemon for Litten.
    37. Andrewski
      Andrewski
      That is definetly going on my team!
    38. SilvallyTamer
      SilvallyTamer
      This thing is gonna be on my dream team. I hope it evolves into something good.
      The Poison/Fire type is not the best adding more weaknesses. Also that ability would be good in competitive battling and stalling.
    39. SilvallyTamer
      SilvallyTamer
      Venoshock would be very useful after using toxic. Maybe instead of Poison Fang.